TD 28-Feb-15
LC Archer 28-Feb-15
Aaron Johnson 28-Feb-15
Joehunter 28-Feb-15
Bowboy 28-Feb-15
B N A A guy 28-Feb-15
skipmaster1 28-Feb-15
26-Feb-15
I really love my hha single pin for deer hunting from a tree stand where I take my quiver off once in the tree. I booked a moose hunt in Newfoundland and I'm wondering if I should use a multi pin for the hunt being it's a spot and stalk hunt and it's hard to see dial tape with quiver attached. Looking for any input, thanks

26-Feb-15
Also curious if anyone makes a backpack type quiver like Tom Miranda uses. I can't seem to find any

26-Feb-15
His quiver is a Rancho Safari Cat Quiver.

26-Feb-15
Strictly personal preference. Both have their advantages, both have their potential disadvantages.. I will say, if I couldn' see my sight tape when I very well may need to, that would make the decision pretty easy! I compromised between the two styles and changed to a 3-pin BG Ascent, which I'm glad I did.

26-Feb-15
Get a Kwikee quiver with the belt attatchment which will keep your arrows on your hip. For your sight, and I have the same one, I would set you pin dead on at 30 yards which should be good from 0-40. This is my set up for elk this year.

26-Feb-15
I've frequently attached my bow quiver to the back of the soft backpack I always wear. My el' cheapo pack has several horizontal straps that make it very easy.

It'll be your choice on the sights. I've done the single pin and left it set on 30 for spot and stalk mule deer. Remember, though, your mind may not be calm enough to think "hold a little high" at the time of the shot.

26-Feb-15
Tom M uses a Catquiver Mini. I just got a used one on the classifieds to set up the same way. He says if you go with that you'll never go back to a bow quiver. After using a bow quiver for 43 years, I'll have to see. Plan to talk with him about it in Phoenix.

26-Feb-15
Thanks Guys. I'm going to look into the cat quiver. I just spent 350.00 on the new hha king pin with the quiver friendly forward dial but the tight spot quiver still blocks out the dial. I might even look at some other single pin sights with the yardage marker on the other side of riser.

26-Feb-15
a cat quiver i guess if u have a guide around to pick up the arrows that fall out when hunting . Most moose are killed under 30 yards i dont think u will be moving a pin much.

26-Feb-15

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Bison Gears alteration of Cat Quiver.

If you run a small zip screw thru each tube it won't slide up and you won't loose any arrows.

27-Feb-15
I used a cat quiver hunting elk and deer one year. I went back to a bow mounted 2 piece quiver.

I think single or muilti. Whatever your comfortable with

28-Feb-15
Moose, likely not much belly crawling the final few yards. So likely not any issue. But, just a thought....

Many cases I'm shooting stuff with my pack on. Bent over stalks, hands and knees even, reluctant to drop the pack. Too many times the situation is.... altered... and you're running and gunning again. I don't want my pack "back there somewhere..."

But other times it comes down to slithering along on your belly those last critical yards.... scooting your bow up along the ground inches at a time. I'm a free range axis stalker. Have never hunted anything harder to stalk. They make many other animals seem like they are on prozac.

You HAVE to dump your pack in many cases to give yourself any chance. What do you do? Put an arrow on the string and try to finesse it through the grass, rocks, brush and crap? Hold the arrow in one hand and the bow in the other and make it a 3 part belly boogie?

Even if you get there, get your shot but something goes wrong... and SHAZAM! you somehow have a second chance with a second.... ah crap... that second arrow is back there in my pack....

No thank you. I want all my arrows at my fingertips at all times, not getting hung up, not endangering my strings. (me, I can heal, hear that scars are signs of character...) Unless you are in some smokin' wind I see no disadvantage to a good tight to the bow quiver.

Sights, use whatever is your preference. The moose aren't going to care about that. Whatever you can hit well in your comfort range.

28-Feb-15
I shoot a BG Pure Driven single pin sight with angled sight tape and it is visible with or without my Tight Spot quiver. Im thinking of going to a 3 pin sight as suggested by wyobullshooter above

Dave

28-Feb-15
+1 Wyobullshooter. I just changed out my single pin ascent head to a 3 pin slider. I felt I would be more comfortable in given situations with it.

28-Feb-15
For me it is easy. Single pin slider! With a fast bow the pins gaps are so tight that it is confusing and also blocks the target. I have proven to myself that I am not good in the moment of truth at selecting the correct pin even though I know the exact range. So, now I have only one pin - no confusion. I leave it bottomed out on the housing which will keep me in the kill zone out to 30 yards. Then I can range and slide up to longer distances. My mind then goes on auto pilot. Put the single pin, in the center of the housing, in the center of the peep, in the center of the kill zone. Happens automatically - so sight picture is basically the same for all distances.

I have altered my quiver attachment to fit tight to the bow and in front of the slider. Not in the way at all.

28-Feb-15
I'd recommend a single. Like already stated your sight picture is more clear. I've been using one for over 10yrs. It was the best change I've ever done.

HHA or Montana Blackgold are top of the line and you can't go wrong with either one.

28-Feb-15
Single pin for me last 10 years or so also and never cost me shot opportunity. Something to be said about only having that one beautiful pin to focus on. Also with Moose you should have more time unlike dealing with a mulie about to blow out of the country. You should have plenty of time to make any adjustment you would need to.

Best of luck on your trip!!

Scott Alberda

28-Feb-15
It's a personal choice. I mostly hunt turkey and deer. I've used all kinds of sights, including single pin sliders. I prefer 5-7 pin sights. 1st pin 30 yards. No matter the distance I just draw and shoot. No fiddling around. My buddy recently switched to a single pin slider and had a deflection at 20 yards that resulted in a gut shot deer. The deer walked off and stopped at 60 yards in the open but after ranging, he had no time to adjust his sight. He held high but still hit low. We did recover the deer but it wasnt until nearly 20 hours later. A multi pin would have saved the day. Just my opinion.

• Sitka Gear