KTH 01-Mar-15
bghunter 02-Mar-15
Zebrakiller 02-Mar-15
Cajunarcher 02-Mar-15
Hollywood 03-Mar-15
27-Feb-15

Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
So our annual Nilgia trip has concluded, it was a tough hunt, rain and moisture kept them from water holes and low temps kept them from moving. To make it even tougher the winter foliage was had cover sparse, making concealing yourself difficult. We were 6 hunters in all, 5 had opportunities (some multiple) 3 connected with very good Bulls. Hogs and Javelinas were also taken. Good group of hunters/friends and my freezer is FULL!

27-Feb-15

Clutch might have been the Oldest (and perhaps the wisest, don't tell him) but there is NO QUIT in that man. He's connected in the bottom of the 9th more then any guy I know! True to form, he shot a great Bull with-in minutes of the hunt being over! Spot and stalk like a Ninja in less then ideal conditions.

27-Feb-15

War paint was essential, well at least for some!!

27-Feb-15

Friend of ours who's claim to fame is the innovator of the Turduckin, also connected on a good Bull.

27-Feb-15

Oh yeah when I say cool temps I mean high 30's so you guys stuck in the freezing rain, sleet and snow will have no sympathy for us! LOL Last afternoon was Tee shirts and Shorts weather!!

27-Feb-15
What a great trip! Congrats again Tim.

27-Feb-15
Congrats on a great trip Tim. What part of Texas were you in?

27-Feb-15
South Texas, on the King Ranch. One beautiful, well managed and Giant tract of property!

27-Feb-15
great animals, congrats!!! Nilgai is an animal that is next in my list!!!

27-Feb-15
Bigpizzaman, does the King Ranch have a special archery rate for multiple a multiple day hunt? A friend goes there for a one-day gun hunt but having hunted them with bow before I know one day is just a good starting point.

Thanks, Dwayne

27-Feb-15
Congrats on a great time guys.

27-Feb-15

Clutch's embedded Photo
Clutch's embedded Photo
Hardest hunt I have been on in a while-- stalking was essential and very difficult -- a few miles were traveled by foot with the help of a GPS -- slow and easy was the key for stalking but with many failed attempts -- these animals were on super alert 24/7-- had a great and exhausting time with good friends-- can't wait for the repeat adventure -- hog was an added bonus--

27-Feb-15

Clutch's embedded Photo
Clutch's embedded Photo
Huge healthy hog--

27-Feb-15
Awesome. Those critters really fascinate me!

27-Feb-15

Clutch's embedded Photo
Clutch's embedded Photo
Lots of these Turkeys on the ranch

27-Feb-15

Clutch's embedded Photo
Clutch's embedded Photo
Very interesting bird

27-Feb-15
Dwayne,

We do a 3 day hunt with them, not sure if they have any openings, it's always tight to get in. Really not sure how much longer they will even do these Archery hunts, it's not a cash cow for them.

27-Feb-15
The Nilgia have vision like a Turkey and one mis-step, broken twig or crunched leaves will blow them out of the country. Their Kill-zone is tight, and wounded critters are rarely recovered.

27-Feb-15
These are some really super trophies. Many times the tougher the hunt the sweeter the trophy.

Congrats to you guys. Enjoy the tacos!!

27-Feb-15
Congratulations guys on the success. Those are definitely earned trophy's with stick and string.

I really need to do that hunt soon!!!!!!!

27-Feb-15
The King Ranch is bigger than my entire home state (Rhode Island)! How's that for a trivia question.

Clutch: your face paint is so cool!

27-Feb-15

Clutch's embedded Photo
Clutch's embedded Photo
As much stalking as we did, we ran across several of these class bucks

27-Feb-15

Clutch's embedded Photo
Clutch's embedded Photo

27-Feb-15
Congrats BPM and Clutch...well done again this year! Inventor of the turducken ! That man is pure genius! A buddy of mine from New Orleans (originally Lafayatte) turned us on to them!!!

Mark

28-Feb-15
The Bucks still had horns and were chasing Does, although they were no longer hunting deer the season was open thru the end of the month.

28-Feb-15
Congrats guys! Love being at the King. Can't wait to go back.

28-Feb-15
The Grey Bull!! Great hunt for a great trophy!! King Ranch is hard to beat for sure. Did you meet Justin Field, their wildlife biologist? Great guy and is a B&C measurer. They have one weak link when hunting them. If you can find a well used fence crossing set up down wind. 99% of the time when they jump over a fence they stop, squat and poo. Gives you plenty of time to draw aim and shoot. You should see the thickness of their skin on the back of the neck! Must be a inch thick!!

28-Feb-15
Don,

Justin has resigned, Oscar Cortez is now in charge. The crawls were very slow, one in our party was a bit intimidated by the remoteness and size of the ranch so he sat 90% of the time and was unsuccessful. They don't jump fences but rather go under or thru them if they're motivated. To wet for waterholes as well so it was spot and stalk.

28-Feb-15
Thats a fun looking trip there. Congrats to all involved. HUNT

28-Feb-15
Thanks bpm! I hunted there years ago when People's had the 4 Arrows operation. It is an awesome animal. I have never seen anything so skittish as them. You guys did really well, congrats!

28-Feb-15
I have come to the realization that Clutch and BPM never stop hunting! Congrats!

01-Mar-15
I wonder why they are so skittish. There is nothing in Texas that can kick their ass. Impressive animals. Kudos for spot and stalk.

01-Mar-15
No but deep down their instinct's still looking out for tigers and leopards from their ancestral lands

01-Mar-15
i suppose so.

01-Mar-15
I remember thinking 'I will be able to get a shot when they take a bite of grass.' Not to be, they would take a bite and immediately snap their head up to look around and chew. I asked the guide 'when do they sleep?' His answer 'near as I can figure they don't!'

Awesome animal for sure. It is probably good that they don't have massive horns/antlers or they would be over-hunted. The mounts are beautiful though and the meat is fantastic. Kind of like a couple hundred pounds or so of fillet mignon!

01-Mar-15
My guess is that they are "skittish" because Tim and Clutch have been hunting them for so many years. Kinda like "tigers and leopards" but with bows. I know I'd be "skittish" if a couple rajun cajuns came up here and chased me around for three days with bows every year.

01-Mar-15
LMAO at Kota-man

01-Mar-15
That's why they call him Cluch!

01-Mar-15
Funny Kota-Man !!!!!!

01-Mar-15
Congrats guys!

01-Mar-15
Count me in next year. Just don't gar hole me.

02-Mar-15
I think I see a NIlgia pizza on the menu in the future. Those two guys sure can hunt.

02-Mar-15
Congrats guys, I also had a fantastic hunt but came home empty handed I love hunting theses things , I could have came home with one but I want one of them big bulls awesome stuff This hunt is at top of all time list for me

02-Mar-15
Congrats guys on some awesome animals!!

03-Mar-15
Way to go guys! Great bulls.

• Sitka Gear