joehunter8301 26-Apr-15
drycreek 26-Apr-15
Ermine 26-Apr-15
Paul@thefort 26-Apr-15
Teeton 26-Apr-15
Tracker 27-Apr-15
Duke 28-Apr-15
27-Feb-15
This spring I challenge anyone who wants to try or thinks they can do it to shoot a turkey in the head with a fixed blade or mechanical. You can't use one of those big broadheads designed for head lopping. But a regular fixed blade or mechanical

Open to anyone especially those Cali guys! :)

Post up your pics of of them head shots when the season comes

28-Feb-15
You're on Justin..... I'm not scared of a challenge! As long as I get a bird to cooperate with slow movement I'll do it and with bo blind!

28-Feb-15
Damn, for a minute I thought TBM had returned...

28-Feb-15
I did it a few years back after losing 2 in a row with the head choppers. I was out of the blind heading to the truck, dressed in black. Heard a few gobbles and ducked behind a stone wall. I called in 2 longbeards to 20 yards. There was no way they could get closer and all I could see were there heads. I drilled the largest with a snuffer from my longbow. He flew off but didn't get far. Similar situation and my buddy did it eith a spitfire from his compound the same year.

28-Feb-15
Skipmaster- that's some fine shooting with a longbow! Wow good work. I'm gonna try it.

Ike- sorry I got your hopes ups. Haha

28-Feb-15
Virtually decapitated my 2012 Indiana gobbler with a Wasp Jak-Hammer. First and only time I have ever aimed for the head.

Had that bird really close...maybe 15 feet from the blind. He refused to come out of strut, and I don't like shooting a bird in full strut. I waited and waited...and he finally turned facing the blind head on. Looked at that big glowing head and figured I could not miss at that distance. Dropped him like a rock..only thing holding the head to the body was a piece of skin.

28-Feb-15
I was thinking same thing Ike was!

28-Feb-15
I almost didn't dare to open this post for reasons stated above. I don't hunt turkeys but I hope you all hunt hard, enjoy the experience, and kill cleanly.

28-Feb-15
Ike +1 !!!

28-Feb-15

Hawkeye's Link
Here's one I took with a Rocket Hammerhead. Almost a carbon copy of Ike's description.

I've tried it a bunch, but my success rates would never lead to a "long term contract" with any Head Hunter team :(

28-Feb-15
Eyad Yehyawi "Turkey Head Hunter Video": http://youtu.be/GQpv_Fq7zF4

28-Feb-15
And I challenge you to do it without a blind. Shootm where ever. Hell I might jus try catchin the dam things bare handed this year!!

28-Feb-15

otcWill's embedded Photo
otcWill's embedded Photo
I shot this one right at the base of the head. He flew away, swam across a creek and I was able to shoot him again with a body shot which killed him immediately. I don't think I'll be trying that again with a small head. I'm not much for trick shots at game but I'll fling a 100 yarder at a turkey target ;)

28-Feb-15
2nd shot clipped his beard at the base! Haha

28-Feb-15
Will, bet you didn't take a nice pick of you and that bird to blow up and put on the wall!

"second shot clipped his beard at the base" Yeah, I've used that one too!:)

28-Feb-15
I am not in. LOL! Not only defend my decoys to the best of my ability I just want to kill them. I would shoot a 12" cut mechanical if they made one. :)

28-Feb-15
"I am not in. LOL! Not only defend my decoys to the best of my ability I just want to kill them. I would shoot a 12" cut mechanical if they made one. :)"

HA HA HA HA!

Amen Mark :)

28-Feb-15

'Ike''s embedded Photo
'Ike''s embedded Photo
LMAO...I'm with Mark also, you have to stand your ground with 'em! They'll beat the hell out of your decoy's if you don't!

28-Feb-15

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Just pick a spot between the eyes and let it rip.

28-Feb-15
Joe, don't catch a turkey barehanded. I grabbed a Kansas gobbler once that was playing possum. My brother who was watching got a good laugh at my expense! If we had got that on video it would have won something for sure!!! :)

28-Feb-15
I'll even try to do it left handed to boot!!!

With one eye closed too!

28-Feb-15
Greg. I've done it once I'll do it again. Trick is to grab above the Spurs an hooooold on :-)

Ps an wear gloves

28-Feb-15
Is TBM gone

28-Feb-15
Yes sir city

28-Feb-15
He he he. Like Arlo Guthrie said....Kill! Kill! Kill!

28-Feb-15

skipmaster1's embedded Photo
skipmaster1's embedded Photo
Here is what a snuffer did. Longbow, no camo, no blind, 20 yards. Horseshoe up my butt

28-Feb-15

Buglmin's embedded Photo
Buglmin's embedded Photo
100 grain Wac'em from my 56# Black Widow...

28-Feb-15
He flipped and flapped 40 yards down the hill...Climbing down and up again was the hardest part of the hunt!

23-Mar-15

ejes's embedded Photo
ejes's embedded Photo
Fall hen headshot, no blind, ASAT camo, 15 yards. #55 lb Dan Toelke Montana Whip Longbow, Simmon's Landshark broadhead. Rather be lucky than good any day of the week.

24-Mar-15
I tried this last year. I do not recommend it! I ended up with a lost arrow and the turkey ended up with a bad headache. Neither was recovered! It was a poor choice personally that I will not duplicate but more power to you guys that get it done! I'm going to stick with putting them through the giblets.

24-Mar-15
Joe, if you decide to catch one be ready for a fight! A few years ago I shot a turkey a little low and he got into the air and glided downhill into a woods about 150 yards away. We gave him a couple hours and then went to gather the 'dead' turkey. Four of us spread out about 30 yards apart and headed into the woods. When we got in about 75 yards I saw my buddy take off running and dove into a bunch of bushes. I sure wish I would have had a movie camera to record the battle that ensued. I saw arms a swinging and turkey wings a flapping. I only gave my buddy a 50/50 chance of coming out alive! He got the turkey into a choke hold though and hung on for dear life...a few twists of the neck and turkey expired. We laughed for days even though it wasn't pretty; for either the turkey or my buddy.

Made me a firm believer in shooting high on a turkey!

24-Mar-15
I challenge everybody to stalk a turkey. It can be very hard and most wont even try it.

24-Mar-15
You guys in the Midwest and West are so darn lucky! So many shots at Turks you can afford to aim at the head?? Wowser If I get one shot a year that's good hunting so I'll aim for the body! In the last 10 years Turkey kills are down considerably in New York State where I hunt. Enjoy your resource! C

26-Apr-15

joehunter8301's embedded Photo
joehunter8301's embedded Photo
You mean like this?

26-Apr-15
Y'all are too good for me ! I'll stick with the Hammerhead and body shots.

26-Apr-15
I've spot and stalk a few turkeys a couple times and got it done. With that said I have yet to complete a head shot thou.

26-Apr-15
OK< OK, OK, you guys who hit the head. Were you REALLY aiming there or did you just shoot high? :)

26-Apr-15
Paul,, of course they where shooting for their heads.. Wink!

27-Apr-15
Sorry can accept that challenge I'll stick to the body shots.

28-Apr-15

Duke's embedded Photo
Duke's embedded Photo
Accepted... 20 yard shot with the Montec CS. Bird didn't even twitch.

• Sitka Gear