bowbearman 07-Mar-15
Bou'bound 08-Mar-15
Toby 10-Mar-15
Bou'bound 10-Mar-15
Medicinemann 11-Mar-15
prezboys 11-Mar-15
06-Mar-15
I will be heading out of Yellowknife for muskox on 3/28/15

For those of you who have hunted and brought back spring muskox with you how did you handle it? I plan on tanning the hide and doing a euro. I will be traveling from Yellowknife to Florida.

I was told to put the head in a waterproof duffel and wrap the hide in a tarp tie up and duct tape then check as luggage.

Did you use anything on your goggles to stop them from fogging such as rain-x?

What did you wear under your cold gear?

I've also heard talk of people using a whisker bisket instead of a drop- away rest, has anybody had their drop-away rest fail on this hunt?

06-Mar-15
ttt

06-Mar-15
Hntnfool,

I'd wear a pink thong under your cold weather gear.

I'd use extra long fake eye lashes to keep your goggles free of ice.

Hope these ideas work for you. They should endear you to your guides and encourage them to work extra hard to get you a big old bull.

Bob

06-Mar-15
Lee,

I should have most of the stuff ready to ship to you by the end of the day. One thing to remember is that the frame of the goggles is curved where it comes around the sides of your face.....as a result, there is a small spot in the vicinity of your temples that can allow cold air in.....I had a couple different solutions for that, which I can share as your departure draws nearer.......

You can use a white tube sock (with the toes cut out)to keep the anorak from flapping in the wind on your bow arm....just slide it up your arm.....

06-Mar-15
Bob how did you learn such valuable information? :)

Jake thanks again for all your help!

06-Mar-15
Drop away rest is fine.

There is no moisture to freeze.

It is 100X more relable in those -50 temps where you have no precipitation or melting/freezing going on than if you were in a tree stand in Kentucky with the sleet falling and it being 25 degrees.

06-Mar-15
Great to heard that drop rest is OK. I will be going for one of this nice animals in 3 weeks

06-Mar-15
Where are you going Toby?

06-Mar-15
Hntnfool, Please post a trip report when you get back. I'm headed to Greenland next year for Muskox. The countdown clock starts in August for me. Only one year to go after August. Ugghhh :(

06-Mar-15
Bob u forgot to warn him about the snow snakes lethal , and dont eat yellow snow !! best of luck !!!

06-Mar-15
Pink thong and a drop away rest for me!

I'm bringing all the meat back in 18 gallon totes and the hide in a medium Big Foot bag. Google them, you might want to grab one.

07-Mar-15
Nick those big foot bags are very interesting. Even though you and Bob are doing the thong thing I'll just take my chances without it,

07-Mar-15
who are you guys hunting with?

Canada north out of cambridge bay?

07-Mar-15
Alaska for me. Headed out in the morning. Weather looks incredible, hoping it holds for a few more days. Good luck Lee!

07-Mar-15
Good luck Nick!

I'm hunting with adventure northwest out of yellowknife.

07-Mar-15
I brought my hide and horns back in one huge duffle I brought my hide back for a full body mount but fit that and the horns in one bag and paid the oversize and weight fees it cost me a bit but was worth it. I donated my meat to the natives.

Aaron

08-Mar-15
those muskox adventures are something very very neat. enjoy the whole process...........it is amazing from start to finish.............just being in such a place.

10-Mar-15
I will be hunting with Canada North out Cambridge bay Just canĀ“t wait to take the plan to Edmonton on April 3.

10-Mar-15
you will have a great trip they will take good care of you. tell brenda hello.

11-Mar-15
Nick,

It is about 7pm your time, and the rumor mill has it that you already have a bull down....Congrats!!!

11-Mar-15
Leaving for Greenland tonight..... Stopping off in Copenhagen for a day prior, will be on the ground in Greenland Friday..... More to come

• Sitka Gear