jtelarkin08 09-Mar-15
Quinn @work 09-Mar-15
MQQSE 09-Mar-15
sticksender 09-Mar-15
TEmbry 09-Mar-15
MathewsMan 09-Mar-15
Adventurewriter 10-Mar-15
08-Mar-15
When does colorado cash your check for goat and sheep? Right when they get it or at the app deadline? I sent my check a few weeks ago and they haven't cashed it yet.. Im just worried my App got lost and i want to make sure i get my points.

08-Mar-15
Call the customer service line and they can verify your application

08-Mar-15
Thanks Ill call tomorrow

08-Mar-15
I just filled mine out. What a joke. It's 2015 and I have to send in a check, fill out the app with black ink, etc.

It makes me appreciate the WY process.

08-Mar-15
That has to do with the credit card companies not wanting you to pay for something and essentially get a cash amount back.

08-Mar-15
WY does it.

08-Mar-15
Credit cards could care less they get there cut I get my 2% Been doing it for years in numerous states except Colorado Colorado does resident apps online

08-Mar-15
I like the CO system. It eliminates every NR who just has a credit card from applying and decreasing the odds. You have to have the money to apply and only the ones who are willing to part with the money for a few months are in the draw. NR's should like the system as their odds are better if they truly want to hunt CO.

09-Mar-15
CO system annoys me as well. Not enough to not participate, but enough to complain. lol

I use CC for everything with them, yet I have to pay in check on a paper app for sheep in particular? I just don't get it.

09-Mar-15
I don't agree with making people send in money for an app that they have zero or little chance of drawing.

09-Mar-15
Back to the check cashing I think in the past they would cash the check right near the drawing date but reciently I think they cashed it within a week or so? I can remember?

Aaron

09-Mar-15
Quinn@work - "I like the CO system. It eliminates every NR who just has a credit card from applying and decreasing the odds. You have to have the money to apply and only the ones who are willing to part with the money for a few months are in the draw. NR's should like the system as their odds are better if they truly want to hunt CO."

Not exactly. NR's still use their credit cards to apply for sheep/goat in Colorado. They just go to the bank and buy a cashier's check using the credit card. Just not as convenient as applying online...and adds the potential for applications to be lost in the mail...which I can verify from personal experience...does happen.

09-Mar-15
The Credit Card companies are generally the ones that have the issue with the Colorado applications. If you charge something under a reasonable amount it is considered a purchase.

When you charge $2000 and then get that back in the form of cash (check) it is a cash advance and different rating with the interest and such with the Credit Card companies.

Not sure how some states get to do it and Colorado does not?

Can you imagine how many people would have PP's if we were like Wyoming and you could just send in $30 or something, everyone would do it.

Guess there is a solution, move here if you don't like being a non-resident. Then you can pay our high taxes and cost of living too.

09-Mar-15
And be surrounded by all the potheads too.

09-Mar-15
Just got off the phone with some guy from the parks and wildlife headquarters.. He was an idiot and no help. Said there is no way to check and see if they received my app. Also he said that it would be recorded as an error if i sent a second check later in the month and i probably wouldnt get a point. So i guess im just hoping for a point this year at this point.

09-Mar-15
Pav, you're right I didn't even think of that. Now that you mention it Frontier Airlines credit card actually sends me checks to use.

MQQSE, you're surrounded by potheads you just don't realize it. The only difference is your surrounding potheads are supporting drug cartels while ours are supporting a tax paying business.

09-Mar-15
I will just send my check in here at the end of the month. That way they won't sit on the $ too long. At least they generally send the $ back fairly quickly.

09-Mar-15
They take a while to cash the checks. Always walk into a Post Office and send your applications by Registered Mail - Return Receipt.

And pray to the draw gods that they never start taking on-line apps with CC from non-residents. Not only because odds will worsen, but my guess the CDPW would increase our non-refundable fees by at least 100.00 in total per year for the big-3 apps.

09-Mar-15
I don't have a complaint with the cost of a tag. I never complained about having to front the entire cost of the tag. I agree it helps keep the numbers of apps down. And I'm not sure if they switched to WY more people would join in. In fact, I apply in CO and NOT WY for that very reason.... $125 non refundable annually is unjustifiable for the odds in my mind. I'd much rather front $2-3k for a month or two and get it all back if unsuccessful.

I only have a problem with it being 2015 and I'm still having to write a check and paper application to pay them. It's ridiculously annoying.

09-Mar-15
You can log back in as if purchasing a tag and go to the Habitat and other licenses tab. Not sure with NRes sheep, goat and moose but your habitat stamp should appear and if you only applied for sheep that would mean the got it and processed it. Online species should all appear as App here as well.

10-Mar-15
Did I miss something I have already applied for all species...all online...sheep too what is talk about having to send in a check??? Oh yeah I am a resident...

• Sitka Gear