JTreeman 18-Mar-15
chasintheslam 18-Mar-15
Nesser 18-Mar-15
loesshillsarcher 18-Mar-15
greg simon 18-Mar-15
Mule Power 18-Mar-15
Mark Watkins 18-Mar-15
18-Mar-15
I have just started my chase for the super 10 with my bow, once moving west with the military iv fell in love with it and want to complete this hard goal. Im wondering what a good diy sheep hunt would cost with tags and all for different areas and what to expect. Thank you all

18-Mar-15
Expect to wait a LONG time for a tag!

--Jim

18-Mar-15
I kinda figure that

18-Mar-15
Research some of Idahos mid tier units...it'll be a challenging hunt but draw odds can be better than 1 in 10. Tag will be 2100.00 I believe. Montana has some unlimited units with harvest quotas....tougher yet I've heard, but you could sheep hunt this fall.

18-Mar-15
Hopefully you are stationed in Alaska. May be the best opportunity to draw? for a Dall. Idaho may be next best odds to draw with no points. Idk. Start playing the points game in the states you can if possible.

18-Mar-15
IF you EVER get a tag where you can hunt DIY sheep who cares what the cost is! I know Montana Unlimited, I'm going on the assumption he wants to kill a sheep.

To answer your question: Sheep tags tend to be around $2200. After tags it depends on what gear you have already. If you are geared up for backcountry elk hunting then you won't need much else. Travel distance will determine those costs. So getting the tag will be the hard part, and the expensive part especially once you add up all the fees for applications over the years! Good luck and Good Hunting!!!

18-Mar-15
I'm not afraid of much. Wolves and grizzlies don't bother me. Snakes not so much either. But I'm afraid to try that Montana unlimited sheep hunt. Yikes!

18-Mar-15
+2 Loesshllsarcher.

You need to get in contact with Nick Muche....he can be your life coach. Nick moved to Alaska about 12-18 months ago and it has been a steady stream of carbon in the air and blood on the ground!

Mark

• Sitka Gear