Hoytboy 06-Apr-15
mikesohm/magnus 06-Apr-15
jims 06-Apr-15
Bowmania 08-Apr-15
hunterofwild 08-Apr-15
mikesohm/magnus 08-Apr-15
Paul@thefort 08-Apr-15
28-Mar-15
When hunting out of a blind what is your favorite decoy placement? I have three Avian dekes, a half strut jake, a feeder and a breeder. Also have another foam deke.

Larv

28-Mar-15
Strutter and breeder about 15 yards facing me, with the breeder a yard or so in front of the strutter. Then the 3rd deek, I like a feeder, between my blind and the pair. I've also used two feeding hens or single feeding hen without a breeder.

28-Mar-15
Dakota jake, facing the blind about 10 yards away, any month of the year.

29-Mar-15
Jakes facing stand and hens facing away at no more than ten yards. I want the tom to be facing away setting him up for a Texas heart shot!

29-Mar-15

'Ike''s embedded Photo
'Ike''s embedded Photo
Three DSD's...The Jake I put near or over a sitting hen with a Feeding hen not far off...About seven (7) yards out!

29-Mar-15

'Ike''s embedded Photo
'Ike''s embedded Photo
Opening day yesterday, same set-up...

29-Mar-15
I've had great luck with a B-mobile (real fan) facing me at about 10-12 yards. I put a hen decoy a little closer and slightly off-set.

I will be trying out a DSD jake/hen in NE next week.

29-Mar-15
Like "Ike".

29-Mar-15
5 yards is not to close

30-Mar-15
Set up blind...take 8-10 steps from the front of blind and then set them just like Ike! I even use the same pair, it works like charm! I choose a little longer distance because of the height challenged nature of my hunting partners and the way I set my blind anything less than 5-7 yards I get issues with my windows. I have holes in my blind to prove it! Ha!

01-Apr-15
good thinking about setting up the decoys to close, I might move mine out a few more yards will try the seven yards

01-Apr-15

midwest's MOBILE embedded Photo
midwest's MOBILE embedded Photo

Here's a shot out my blind I'm sitting right now. Jake at 7 yds. The hen is set just for visibility at other angles they might not see the jake. I don't care which way the jake is facing....the toms are going to come in and clobber it any way!

06-Apr-15
I would try to find where the turkeys are coming from and face the decoys away from where you are anticipating them to come from. Place the 2 hens side by side and the Jake following them. Also, I have the Avian X lifeline 360 motion stake paired with a Jake decoy or a strutter to give more realistic movement. I have a DSD upright hen decoy and a avian x feeder hen and most of the time I will have the mad boss hen come in to the upright hen and most won't pay much attention to the feeder. I just put the feeder out mostly for extra confidence.

06-Apr-15
5 yds facing towards you. I have had lots of toms brush the blind right before I took their heads off

06-Apr-15
No one has mentioned that it may be a good idea to set your decoys that get the most attention to the side of the front window of your blind. That way the turkeys aren't coming in facing (and watching) directly at your window. You would be amazed at how good turkey eyes are!

08-Apr-15
I put a hen at about 12 feet. Than at 8 yards I put a hen and a jake depending on the season. I could get a 10 yard shot with this set up, but usually shoot a 12.

Bowmania

08-Apr-15
Go take a look at www dot RoeHuntingResources dot com.

He has some awesome info on Turkey decoy setups.

08-Apr-15
I have never had a problem with putting the decoys right in front of my double bull matrix style blind with the open front, I don't use the mesh because of videoing. I just make sure I have black on and its black inside of my blind.

08-Apr-15

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
As pictured, and then a feeder and upright hen off to the side and all within 10-12 yards from the blind.

• Sitka Gear