Dino 04-May-15
Forest bows 04-May-15
Forest bows 04-May-15
Forest bows 06-May-15
Fuzzy 07-May-15
KJ 07-May-15
Forest bows 07-May-15
01-Apr-15
I just got back home from a hog hunt at no mercy and it's a blast. They run a 1st class operation and have more hogs they you can shake a stick at. This was my 4 th trip with my 5th on the books. I would give this guide service a shot if you ever want to hunt hogs.

01-Apr-15
Pics......or it didn't happen !

01-Apr-15
i'll get pics off my sons phone when he gets home. or should I take pics of the freezer with well over 300 lbs of pig meat cut and wrapped. no BS here.

01-Apr-15
Congrats on a great trip! Curious how these places get so many hogs? And, how the success rates are so high? Wow!

01-Apr-15
Locals trap em and sell them to ranchers that have set aside land and high fenced it. we hunted stands in the morning and then spot and stalk from 10 to 2pm then back in the stands in the evening. Even with feeders it's hard to get a shot off due to the face that when you have 20 to 50 hogs on the feeder at one time and all the pushing and shoving going on it tough to get that still clean shot off. we wounded a hog and went after her and she got pissed and charged me. Yes she hooked me and took my left leg out from under me. The guide Denny finished her with a 357. I will say I'm not big on game farms but this is a blast and a great way to fill the void during the off season.

01-Apr-15
Either way b&b, but I'd really rather see the hero shots. I like seeing dead hogs ! I like to make 'em dead even more.

01-Apr-15
Denny pulled a wounded boar out of a bush and killed it with his knife last night.

01-Apr-15
Must of been a pile of hogs B&B. I mean at 20%-25% return of meat on a feral hog had to be 1200-1500 lbs of pig. Sounds like a good time. How many guys in your group?

01-Apr-15
Denny is a freakin' animal!! I think he is half hog...he cracks me up! lol All of the guys at NM are good at their jobs!

02-Apr-15
boothill, I'm getting over 40% live weight to boned meat on hogs?

02-Apr-15
Different processors apparently Fuzzy. You doing your own meat work? You doing it at location or taking carcass home? Thanks

02-Apr-15
The price includes 2 hogs each for my son,daughter and myself some years we get 2 each some times we don't recover everything none the less it's a blast. as for Denny yep a few loose screws going in with a knife but he's the man for sure. Have him do spot & stalk with you if you get the chance he'd amazing. shooter pigs for us are 100 and up

02-Apr-15
"Denny" the legend

02-Apr-15

Forest bows's MOBILE embedded Photo

02-Apr-15
Electric hoists and rings in the floor for peeling hides? Very nice

02-Apr-15
we always try to have a party of eight so we are the only people in the pen for the 2 days we hunt.

02-Apr-15
Boothill, the guides skin and gut your hog then hang it in the walk in cooler until a few hours before you leave when we take the back stamps tender loins out and remove the front and rear quarters. We cut the ribs off with the belly meat( bacon ) left on. Then we bag it all up with your name tag in it. We charge 25$ a pig for this. Money goes to the guide who does it.

02-Apr-15
Or you can use are facilities

02-Apr-15
How big are the pens?

02-Apr-15
All together over 300 acres almost split in half. The ground is very broken with hills and cayons and thick cedar trees. It hunt a lot bigger than a flat 300. We have over 10,000 free range for hogs deer and turkey.

25-Apr-15
I am not home yet, but will post a brief review when I DO get home and settled.

I will say that I hunted free-range with revolver, that I saw pigs and evidence of LOTS of free range pigs, and that the set-ups were very well thought out and well maintained, and that Forrest and Denny were a pleasure to hunt with.

I did NOT bring home a pig, but that was not due to lack of shot opportunities, it was due to lack of good shooting.

I will go again.

25-Apr-15
Sounds interesting!

26-Apr-15
We scared the heck out of 3 or 4 anyway!!

28-Apr-15
OK the longer story.

This place is BIG!

There was much more hog sign on non-enclosed land than I have EVER seen anywhere. The hogs were incredibly wary.

The primary cover is large areas of broken ground, washes, gullies, and low bluffs that appear to be partly rock outcrops and partly old "dunes" of loess (wind transported soil), all overgrown in cedar and wild plum, and scrub oak (Blackjack and post oak)

the hogs are using these gullies and cedar/plum/oak thickets and greenbrier tangles as daytime cover, and slipping into the cropfields at night. The sows appear to use the hay roundbales at field edges as beds, after they've rooted them into a mass of tangled dry grass (I've not seen this before)

We made a shot happen by stalking up to two smallish sows bedded in a torn-down roundbale, with small piglets, even the young sows were wary, but we got in position so I could handily miss an offhand 25 yard shot (by creeping up behind a pile of bulldozed cedar ) that with my longbow would've been a chip-shot.....

the sows cleared out but the piggies stayed, and eventually the ladies calmed down and fed their way back to the logjam, from a steady rest on a log, I bore down hard and displayed my awesome revolver skills by missing a slightly quartering to 40 yard shot.

After that stellar exhibition of my dedication to the Elmer Kieth school of handgun artistry, we (eventually) worked our way into a godawful cedar patch and by nose and ear located a knot of pigs, who suspected things weren't quite-so, and milled about, but eventually settled down,. Finally, from a prone position, with my forearms rock steady on a cedar blowdown log, and with an in your face 15 yard shot, down a steep wash embankment, at a stationary, broadside shoat, I managed to slightly wound one.

This gave Forrest the opportunity to display his not-inconsiderable bloodtrailing skills, which, when they were defeated, were absolutely dwarfed by those of "Denny-the-Pig-Whisperer"....I will be honest, fellas it was almost worth the >2,000 mile drive to WATCH this man on an impossible bloodtrail....incredible.

If a hog is hit, and dies, this man WILL find it!

Also while blindsitting a VERY large boar came in right at dark (6 minutes legal light left) and when I cocked the hammer, the very slight click of sear catching hammer, blew him off the bait, he pause long enough at 30'ish for me to waste a round, then hauled pigtail out of the countryside.

Anyway, in a pale attempt at my own defense, when I returned home, I set up a target and discovered my sights were dead-on (left and right) and 7 inches LOW!

I theorize the vibration of the 1,100 mile drive with the gun under the front seat in a hard leather holster, caused the rear sight adjustment screw to run down. I adjusted it 1&3/4 turns up and shot a 6 shot group at 30 you could cover with the palm of your hand....still, a man must maintain his equipment, and I didn't. Lesson learned.

I WILL return, with the recurve, to this place, and make bacon, soon!

28-Apr-15
I tented it, but the lodging is very nice (I peeked) and the skinning shed and meat locker is awesome.

The enclosures are large and have good cover, and the hogs IN the enclosuresare REAL wild-trapped animals, not pen-pigs. Wary as heck.

The exotic stock is, well, exotic stock. LOL

I would SO do a buffalo hunt here!

They are semi-approachable, and a bowhunterWILL get shots, but you'll have to work at it.

28-Apr-15
We had a good time! Pistols are tuff!

28-Apr-15
Fuzzy, when you go back, we should go with the stickbows together. Just a short trip there from where I live.

29-Apr-15
pdk, yep lets plan on that :)

02-May-15

Still killing them!

02-May-15

03-May-15

Big pig!

04-May-15
That is a big pig! How much would that hog weigh? Wow!

04-May-15
I would guess 225 or more

04-May-15

Snakes are free at no mercy!

06-May-15

Thick!

07-May-15
that last one looks like the big fella I missed from the blind my first evening, NICE boar!

07-May-15
Looks like you've had some rough weather Forest. Everyone and everything ok at No Mercy?

07-May-15
Yes they missed us. Crazy this time of year!

• Sitka Gear