INbowdude 08-Jun-15
boothill 08-Jun-15
hunt4life 08-Jun-15
The Yode 09-Jun-15
Tradman & Huntress 09-Jun-15
02-Apr-15

INbowdude's embedded Photo
69 days until Porkapalooza 9. Time to get planning on the events and strategizing about stands and most importantly, the meals.

Looking forward to getting back to Shiloh.

02-Apr-15
Hopefully the days will go by quickly. Not really worried about stands yet but the meals are a priority. After the move need to sort out the hunting gear and find the light weight gear. Won't be long and it will be time to start packing.

02-Apr-15
Mike. What are the exact dates

02-Apr-15
June 11-14th, 2015

03-Apr-15

Might have to dust off this gem and make another addition.

04-Apr-15
Yes it's getting closer everyday, can't wait to get back to Shiloh and hunt with all my friends!

04-Apr-15

Hunting with Hunt4life!

05-Apr-15
man im ready

05-Apr-15
So Mike you are not heading back between now and then

06-Apr-15
Hey Bou, All I need is a call from Matt and I can hit the road in about an hour.

09-Apr-15

Coming to the best hog outfit in Oklahoma!

10-Apr-15
It's scary how fast time is flying. It will be here before you know it. Are we on for a striper fishing trip this year?

10-Apr-15
I'll be there a couple weeks after you guys, try and save a few hogs for us!

12-Apr-15
Matt-> I will ask around. What's our minimum number?

Daninmn-> I'm sure we will leave plenty. I'll be doing a live hunt then.

20-Apr-15

21-Apr-15

22-Apr-15

25-Apr-15

26-Apr-15
45 days out! Better start getting ready! Remember the permithrin!

03-May-15
here piggy piggy im ready got a new string on and all tuned up ready to go

03-May-15
About 6 weeks give or take.

03-May-15
39 days and will be back to what feels like a home away from home. That and the opportunity to see my fellow HAM members.

04-May-15
I can't believe it's almost that time again! It's more like a family reunion for us.

04-May-15

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
Pretty soon we'll all be sitting around this firepit again.

05-May-15

05-May-15
someone mention stripers,? man I miss them, a shame we cant hunt them with a bow.

10-May-15
Stripers? Well you will have to wait and see! I have a feeling this Pork will be a record setter in good times!

10-May-15

10-May-15
sounds like a bunch of rain been going thru the area lately. May need our rubber boots this year fellas. Ready to start washing and packing some clothes.

11-May-15
30 days and counting!

13-May-15

13-May-15
Looking forward to the live hunt...almost as much as annual January trip. Not going in summer this year so the wait is going to be unbearable!!

15-May-15

15-May-15
June 11th cannot get here quick enough!

15-May-15
4 weeks from right now will be cleaning hogs and sitting by the Shiloh fire pit!

15-May-15
You might be using boats and helping rebuild water gaps! First time in 15 years we had to reschedule hunters due to flooding. How about 12" in 5 days! Not looking good for another week.

19-May-15

21-May-15
Sure hope weather breaks for us, although hog hunting from a boat sounds like a new adventure.!

23-May-15
Dear Oklahoma, Stop hogging (no pun intended) all the rain! You and Texas have had more than enough to settle your drought.

That is all.

23-May-15

23-May-15
LOL

24-May-15
I bet that guy is on a horse too

24-May-15
Gonna go out and pick up a speargun!

24-May-15

This has just been the most insane weather we've ever seen! Yesterday evening we had an unexpected tornado outbreak with four twisters touching down within 50 miles of us, all at the same time! We were out clearing brush from the fences and tornado activity wasn't even on our radar (literally), when we got the NWS text alert to take shelter immediately. Fortunately none of them were close enough to affect us. That would be one way to vacuum up all this water though!

28-May-15
Matt and Cheryl,

We're keeping you guys in our prayers. I'd bet, under normal conditions, you all have more than enough work to keep you busy. I can't imagine how much this would wear you down (and make you want to give up). The one-two punch of the legislation threat in the early Spring, followed by all of this water has to make you want to give up from time to time. Don't give up! You have brightened many people's lives through what you offer at Shiloh and you have many more to brighten in the future. This is merely a test of your faith and commitment....

29-May-15

Dave, we want to thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. It's people like you that keep us going through times like this. Madly,we are still fighting the legislation but it's been put on the back burner while we are dealing with the repeated flooding and severe weather down here. But with His help, we know we will come out of this all victorious!

We have spent many days and nights riding our fences to keep them standing as the flood waters carry a lot of debris that flattens the fence like its being held up with toothpicks. We just keep plugging at it and praying for it to pass. Matt and I were just laughing the other day when I pulled my phone out to look at it when I heard it make a noise and saw that I had missed many important texts. Here's a screenshot of it. There were three weeks of flood warnings and tornado warnings from the NWS! I guess I should carry my phone with me more often...lol.

We're making it though this, by God's good grace, and hopefully tomorrow will be the last severe storm we are supposed to have for the next week, so there is some relief in sight. Thanks for thinking of us, and taking the time to write. It is appreciated more than you know!

Matt and Cheryl

29-May-15
Heck, we are bringing Tabor and Baughman so you will have all the sunshine you can stand!

29-May-15
What do you mean by that? I'm not sure how to take that actually. Hoping you mean that in a good way. Lol

29-May-15
In the best possibly way buddy! Porkapalooza always brings out the best at Shiloh!

29-May-15
What is the OK Legislature trying to do to hog hunting? Have I missed something?

31-May-15

31-May-15
i have the boat ready to go

31-May-15
You've heard of Dances with Wolves. This will be Swims with Pigs.

31-May-15
Mike - I guess the scuba gear is for the ground blinds? Hope the tree stands are high enough for you guys! Remember to aim a bit low because the water distorts the image.

Know you guys will have a GREAT time regardless!

01-Jun-15
That's hilarious Mike! The good news is that it's stopped raining and the water is rapidly receding. In fact you can now walk across the main creek again. Woohoo!

Buffalo1, yes the Department of Agriculture is trying to shut down hog hunting ranches statewide and eliminate feral swine (at a cost of about $300 per hog). Sadly, there are some ignorant folks out there that think this is a good idea, including some so-called "hunters". I don't want to hijack this thread so I will start a new one giving more details, later this afternoon.

01-Jun-15
Thanks for the water update. Was wondering if we I was going to have to locate a pair of hip waders to get across the creek. Almost to the 10 day weather forecast finally.

02-Jun-15

04-Jun-15
Great video!

08-Jun-15
It's Porkapalooza week! The hunt starts Thursday evening. I'll start a new thread with a live hunt if the phone service is strong enough. It's a bit chancy once the leaves get on the tree. But fear not, at the least, I'll update in the evening as we watch the successful hunters process their pigs. Coming up in just a few more days!

08-Jun-15
Good luck guys. Stay dry. I'm pretty sure you'll have fun no matter what.

08-Jun-15
That is one cool video. Looks like they can really motor:) OK guys, have another great hunt and keep us updated.

08-Jun-15

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
Good Luck Mike & I know you'll have some interesting goodies for the fellas.

08-Jun-15
Good Luck! What are the temps? Are the hogs going to be precooked on the hoof?

Know you'll all have a great time regardless of temps or rain. Always fun at Shiloh!

08-Jun-15
Yode, 91 for the high on 1 day and mid to upper 80's the rest of the time. Even a Colorado boy like you could survive that!

08-Jun-15
Will be on stand in 96 hours enjoying some Oklahoma air. Gear is packed, broad heads are sharp and bow is ready. Just need to pack the cooler Wednesday evening.

08-Jun-15
Weather looking better every time I look at it! Can't wait!

09-Jun-15
Mike - if I was coming, you know it would be 99 with 99% humidity! You guys should pay me not to come so you can make sure you have good weather. 8-)

Sounds like great weather for a great hunt at a great ranch! Best of luck to everyone.

09-Jun-15
We are drying out and hopefully get some slightly cooler weather by Friday into Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Matt & Cheryl

• Sitka Gear