'Ike' 04-Apr-15
gottoohunt 05-Apr-15
Skullwerx 05-Apr-15
muley505 05-Apr-15
Bowfreak 05-Apr-15
muley505 10-Apr-15
Mac 10-Apr-15
04-Apr-15
Anyone use one? If so, which one, and what are the advantages and/or drawbacks you've experienced? I like the idea of having the bow at the ready while I'm calling and having less movement when the shot presents itself. I was planning on getting a Bowstix before the season starts, but if someone has a better (and cheaper) alternative, I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

04-Apr-15
I was thinking this very same thing yesterday, and in fact googled it to see what is available. The Bowstix looks workable but at the price I saw, seems a little much. I decided just to stick with my bow stand that pushes into the ground since I mostly bowhunt from a ground blind.

04-Apr-15
Did you see the bowfreakpod thread? It's in the turkey section. Cool diy project.

04-Apr-15
Yup, I saw it. He did a nice job. It wouldn't work with my current setup though. Also, has anyone shot with the clip-on versions attached to their limbs and had any noise/accuracy issues? I don't see a benefit to attaching a bipod to a bow for hunting purposes if you have to remove it prior to taking the shot (as the whole point is to reduce movement), so that's why I'm curious about ones that can be shot with it attached. Thanks.

04-Apr-15

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
I used the clip on this spring for the first time. Shot two turks with it attached to my Hoyt Maxxis limb in front of the rocker....no noise/accuracy issues.

It does not clip on tight (at least not on my Hoyt), so it would not be a good option if you are going run and gun. Works great in the blind, tho.

04-Apr-15
Awesome! Thanks.

04-Apr-15
I use the bowstix. Great product, works well, nice having the bow ready to go in the blind.

04-Apr-15

'Ike''s embedded Photo
'Ike''s embedded Photo
This one, have had it for a while now and love it...

05-Apr-15
Take a look at Bowstix Bow Bipod. I have looked around and this looks good.

05-Apr-15
I have a set of bowstix. In my experience you'll have to get the longer legs with a bow longer than 34" ata. Also somehow the main shaft got bent... It's nice but I'm also looking at other options.

05-Apr-15

muley505's embedded Photo
muley505's embedded Photo
Thanks for the input. I decided to go with the TruGlo Bow-Jack as it is about a third the price of the Bowstix and it has some rubber armoring on it to make it more quiet and keep it from scratching the limbs. I also like how quickly it can be attached to the limb. Thanks again for the input.

05-Apr-15
muley,

That would have been my pick too. I saw that particular model for the first time this week and I really liked the rubber on the teeth and the fact that it was priced right too.

10-Apr-15
Just an update on this for anyone who was curious, I received the TruGlo Bow-Jack a few days ago, and it works just fine still attached to my Bowtech Experience. I don't have any noise or accuracy issues with it still in place. It's well made and goes on quietly, and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to pay $60 for a bipod.

10-Apr-15

Mac's Link
I've been using something called a vertical advantage.

http://www.bowonlyoutdoors.com/advantage.html

• Sitka Gear