BULELK1 31-Jul-15
SoDakSooner 31-Jul-15
climb.on 31-Jul-15
kellyharris 04-Aug-15
kellyharris 04-Aug-15
05-Apr-15

kellyharris's embedded Photo
Ok I know that myself and Mule Power will be at Sturgis this year for the 75th Rally. I would like to know who all is going and have a meet and greet and possibly a bowsite ride in Sturgis?

So who all is going this year and where are you staying if you are going?

I will be staying at the Buffalo Chip and Mule Power is staying at the Broken Spoke.

05-Apr-15
Well me and Juls talked about going as I'm hoping to draw a pronghorn tag. Season starts on the 15th August and talk about leaving the 7th of August to make the 2k drive from Pa with the rv pulling a tracker to get around in hunting. So we also talked about leaving earlier than the 7th and stopping at Sturgis for a few days. I did call a few camp grounds in the area and all are booked and will only book for the whole week. A few said that many of campers start to leave on Wednesday and we could call and see if they have openings for the end of the week. But first I have to draw my tag and then see if we can swing leaving earlier than the 7th. We would not have bikes. But didnt have bikes at bike week in Daytona and it was a blast. Ed

05-Apr-15

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I just put in a hop-up kit in my Sportster and Im thinking about going. Its only a 5-6hr ride for me.

I will prob pack my tent and find a wide spot in the woods somewhere and stay a day or 2

05-Apr-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo

05-Apr-15
Teeton – archery licenses are guaranteed so you don't have to worry about drawing. Depending on where you are planning to hunt I am in Buffalo and can help you get trailer hookups. I can't go for a ride but wouldn't mind meeting up with everybody. If you're looking for a mean prime rib steak dinner come this way and we can go to Camp Crook.

05-Apr-15
Buffalo Chip has camping spots available. 399.99 all week or 75.00 per night I believe.

05-Apr-15
Dakota, my tag is not for the Dakota's. But being that we will maybe, be south of there on rt 80 in that time frame we thought that maybe we would detour up there for a few days if possible.

Kelly thanks, I will look into them and check them out tonight, pending they are on the web or Sturgis Web site. But can not make plans till after the draw. Ed

05-Apr-15
My brother-in-law n wife are going with a grp of riders from La.-- not sure where they are staying but they are excited to go!!!!!

05-Apr-15

05-Apr-15

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Key West, Highway 1, Mile Zero.

Teeton, Campsites at the Creekside Campground are really cheap compared to the Chip and the Broken Spoke. $100 or so for the entire week. it's a nice place with lots of trees for shade which is rare around Sturgis. The Spoke still has sites and the pass there is $199 for the week.

Glad t hear you booked the Chip Kelly. it's always god to know someone with a home base there. I have other friends that will be there from Dayton.

Good year for my steel horse. Daytona and Key West last month. Hopefully Laconia in June. Sturgis in August. Giddy up!

05-Apr-15

What day are you leaving Kelly?

05-Apr-15

My other Steel Horse.

05-Apr-15
My buddy has a startup leasing company powerhouse and crome lease corp?

He has partnered with the chip.

Bikes getting shipped for free, rv, golf cart, and VIP all free.

Travel to and from airport all free.

Should be getting there on Friday afternoon or Saturday the latest.

06-Apr-15

arctichill's embedded Photo
arctichill's embedded Photo
I would like to go this year, but won't know until April 29th as it largely depends on how I do in the NM draw. If I do well in the draw I'll need to allocate all of my "time off" for my hunts. If I don't do as well in the draw I could probably peel away to Sturgis for a few days. Now that I think about it, I really hope I DON'T make it to Sturgis this year. Lol If I do go, I'll ride the Street Glide.

06-Apr-15
OK camp sites still available at the Broken Spoke starting at 199.00 for tent camping.

I stayed at the BrokenSpoke 2 other times and the restrooms are kept clean. Very tame campground compared to Chip or Glencoe.

The campground Mule is talking about is a very nice setting located between the CHip and the Spoke. I have heard the facilities do not accomadate all the people that camp there?

one cool thing about the Spoke is a huge freaking swimming pool but that is also open to guest as well. Back in 09 and 10 it cost 5.00 per day for guest so I am sure its more than that now.

I cannot wait to catch up with Mulepower and hopefully others on the horses and go for a all day ride!!!!

06-Apr-15
Best ride IMO is the Needles Highway. But a longer one is to Devils Tower over in Wyoming. VIP? OK Jay Leno. I have a sticker for your helmet. lol

06-Apr-15
I would love to go but can't make it this year.On a side note. You can see me on google street view on my bike. I was out for a ride and happened to see to google car go by. Check out google maps. Type in Aiken rd 14094. Then drop the guy on the south end of Aiken rd @ Townline rd. It's a pretty cool pic.

06-Apr-15
Looks like I'm going to need to start locking my doors in August with this crew coming! Ha!

Great looking bikes! Enjoy the rally this year gentleman, it should be one to remember as they all are! Most of all ride safe!

If you haven't been to the rally before I'd suggest taking a day ride down to Custer State Park and a trip through the park and wildlife loop then ride the needles highway back north and hit Mt Rushmore. As fellow bowhunters I know you will all enjoy the sites down there.

06-Apr-15
never been, cuts into bow season

06-Apr-15

KJC's embedded Photo
KJC's embedded Photo
I'm not sure if I'm going this year or not. I hit Laconia every year but haven't been back to Sturgis since 2008. My '84 has taken me out there eight times but my Road Glide hasn't seen the Black Hills yet!

06-Apr-15

KJC's embedded Photo
KJC's embedded Photo
My 2011 Road Glide.

06-Apr-15
not a biker, but I usually try to make it over to at least one concert. would be cool to meet up

06-Apr-15
Nice rides KJC. One of these days I'm going to take a spin on a Road Glide. I've been putting it off because I'm afraid I'll like it!

Fuzzy what are you hunting the first week of August?

06-Apr-15
I see quite the coincidence in cityhunters 05-Apr-2015 post, that the street sign in his photo, in the upper right says … Archer St !!!

06-Apr-15

Manager aint that funny Bx NY archer st i owned a bike shop years ago we did custom builds . I loved to paint back then. Springer softtail i painted House of Kolor paints .

06-Apr-15
Nothing like enjoying a peaceful evening in the stand only to have some guy drive 1/2 mile away with his Harley to ruin the silence. Please respect your fellow person and leave the stock pipes on your bike!

06-Apr-15
You guys will be right by my parents house....lol they live about two blocks off junction ave. I won't be there but sounds like fun.

07-Apr-15
Zinger... really dude? Never mind the big trucks, buses, barking dogs etc. If you hunt in an area where you can hear the sounds of civilization I can most certainly assure you the deer are used to hearing it.

If you aren't used to it or maybe just don't care for the sounds of others doing what they enjoy maybe try some stock ear plugs.

To each his own. For example some may hate the sound of barking beagles but to me it's music to my ears. :-)

And of course there's the fact that loud pipes save lives. I can't tell you how many times I've had people nearly take me out but when I grab the throttle er uh... volume control they decide to use the rear view mirror. Vance and Hines Power Duals for me! V&H Hot Shots on the Sporty.

Lighten up Francis!

07-Apr-15
lol@ Zinger... walk a bit further in bro...I hunt places you cant hardly hear the Forest Service dozer on the fire roads! lol

07-Apr-15
Only half a mile? He needs louder pipes!

07-Apr-15
Zinger has to be busting on us.. There's no way he can think it will change a deers pattern.. Funny I love hearing farm tractors working off in the distances when sitting on stand and I really love sitting just off a field and a farmer comes by at 50 yds spreading cow poop.. 15 min's after he's gone.. Here comes the turkey..

07-Apr-15
+1 Teeton, the manure spreader is like the golden ticket!

07-Apr-15

KJC's embedded Photo
KJC's embedded Photo
This is the last bike in my "fleet". 1976 FLH. 74" bored out to 80". Straights with pop out baffles, forward controls and 12" apes. One of the "most wanted" by New Hope Pa. PD! Zinger wouldn't like this bike at all!

07-Apr-15

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Louis you need to ride your mtn bike there that way you will have your whole camp there.

07-Apr-15
I got a "loud muffler" ticket from a State Trooper in town of Floyd Va in 2004 on a Triumph Bonneville (650cc)

He got a little testy with me when I tried to explain I couldn't be cited for "loud mufflers" when I didn't HAVE any mufflers. lol

07-Apr-15
Bigdan you must not like Cityhunter anymore..

He rides that rice burner up there, he'll for sure get beat up.. lol

07-Apr-15
KJC my favorite motor was my pan bottom with shovel tops ..

Bike week is fun week !!!

07-Apr-15
The loud noise doesn't bother the deer, it bothers people wanting a peaceful evening just so someone can drive around on their artificial penis! I have no problem with Harleys, heck they're made just down the road from me but there is no reason, other than trying to be "cool", to have pipes that loud. the "loud pipes save lives" is pure BS and usually said by people who don't wear a helmet! If you don't wear a helmet don't talk to us about being save.

07-Apr-15
Whoa hold on there boy's I need to get my popcorn for this

07-Apr-15
lol@Zinger. Like I said, get off you lazy a and take a walk if you don't want road noise.

07-Apr-15
Loud pipes are a lot like loud music, they're both appreciated more by the ones making the noise.:')

07-Apr-15
I guess I'll be the first to chime in... That's one of the problems with this country. The individual thinks that their opinion should trump everyone elses rights. You sir sound like you no longer believe in the inividuals rights. No two people will ever agree on everything. Nothing should be legal Anymore accept sitting on the couch and watching and obeying whatever propagandized drivvle that we are told too.

Zinger you have a right to your opinion, but that's all that it is. Like an opinion, we all have something else, but I would never try to shove that in your face.

Ok I feel better now.

07-Apr-15
"One of these days I'm going to take a spin on a Road Glide. I've been putting it off because I'm afraid I'll like it!"

Mule Power, I felt the same way. Especially after riding a bat wing for 135,000 miles. But you should definitely take one for a ride! It's slower and not as smooth but I'm still more comfortable on my FLHTC.

07-Apr-15

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

cnelk's Link
I like to shoot my elk early September and then ride the Rockies, doing some canyon carving, enjoying the fall colors.

A favorite 150 mile ride is the Peak to Peak Scenic Byway from Estes Park to Blackhawk/Central City. See link

07-Apr-15
Cnel when I was working in golden at Coors brewery I drove that route every weekend I stayed in town.

07-Apr-15
Just past th e stone church on the right heading from central city to Estes was a very old bar that served ice cold beer......

07-Apr-15
Georgiepoo.... do you really believe that? Or are just a crabby kinda guy?

Blind spots are as real as it gets. And when you are only 2 feet wide you disappear in them. I won't bore you with stories of friends who lost legs and lives.

Just like when you drive a car, truck, or whatever you know that one of the most likely causes of an accident is the other guy. Only on a bike there are no such thing as fender benders. It's more of an all or nothing situation.

So if you can't see me it helps if you hear me. How can that not make sense? We wear bright colored shirts and add extra lights etc etc but again... for some reason people often seem to "look right through" a motorcycle.

Besides that... I love the sound of my bike. That's probably all I really need to say isn't it? Isn't it?

07-Apr-15
I don't wear bright colored shirts I wear black shirts why because it makes me look so freaking cool

07-Apr-15
It's not just my opinion but it's also the law. I have no problem with cycles, it's the loud noise some people chose to make out of them. Would you object if someone stood outside your window at midnight and played their music super loud? Yet you have no problem doing basically doing it to everyone else within ear shot of you.

Mule Power, nice story! Problem is when your on the road the pipes are pointed backwards and a car driver can't normally hear the bike until it's already past them. If you want to be seen you should put a flashing strobe light on your bikes! I'm all for safety and maybe in 1 out of 10,000 accidents loud pipes would have saved a life.

3rd degree, you won't shove it in our face but you will in our ears! I believe in individual rights. So if you had a neighbor move in with 20 hounds barking all night who plays loud music and keeps his house and yard like a dump you'd be OK with that because it's his individual right?

07-Apr-15
Sounds like fun. Wish I could meet up with ya'all.

07-Apr-15
Shall we assume that Zinger wont be going to Sturgis?

07-Apr-15
Zinger quit being a tool!!!

Yes people hear loud pipes regardless if they are pointed backwards. Trust me my son had two people come over on him in the last 2 months. He got some short shots from Dad as a birthday gift for his bike that will help people hear him.

Your telling me you have never not seen a bike but was able to hear it? I call hogwash.

You comparing a loud bike cruizing down the road to 20 hounds constantly barking at one location doesnt hold a card.

I live between one of the largest amusement parks in the midwest and the largest Harley dealership in Cincinnati and I can hear both. Neither is constant so much that it makes me a sour-puss that you are.

The thread was to have a meet and greet on our bikes in Sturgis. Obviously you dont ride so why even freakin comment?

Zinger you said " If you want to be seen you should put a flashing strobe light on your bikes!"

OK let me ask you this if you have a car that is wanting to turn in front of you and you are telling him its ok to turn in front of you, what do you do??? You flash your lights at him correct? Yeh tell me how that would work if your bike does that all the time?

Just roll your windows up on your Pruis and go to the next thread.....

08-Apr-15
lol...ever hear of "The Doppler Effect" Zinger? Science is cool.

Now go harass some truckers about jake-brakes ;)

08-Apr-15
I don't see a helmet in any of the bike pictures posted here. That would be the first and best thing to do for safety.

And irroniclly I won't be at the Sturgis rally but I will be there the week after the rally.

08-Apr-15
lol..yeah if you show at Sturgis a helmet would be a good idea for safety ;)

08-Apr-15
Zinger, You need to look closer look. Kellys' picture has his helmet resting on the seat. In City Hunters first picture his helmet is on his head. In NJ, my home state, the helmet has to be on the rider, not the seat of the bike.

There is a lot of misinformation about helmet safety. While possibly beneficial in a low speed fall, adding mass and weight to your unrestrained head at higher speeds can do more harm than good.

08-Apr-15

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
helmet is on the backrest, spare in the saddlebag. Virginia Law requires helmets.

08-Apr-15
WOW even on topic like this arguments !!!!

08-Apr-15
I hope this happens for you guys and that everyone at the Sturgis Bowsite meet and greet has a great time. I'd like to go one of these years.

I don't care if people wear a helmet or not but this has to be the dumbest comment I've ever heard in regards to helmets. "While possibly beneficial in a low speed fall, adding mass and weight to your unrestrained head at higher speeds can do more harm than good". LOL. I guess KJC has never had the misfortune of dumping a bike. Hopefully it stays that way for his sake.

Have fun guys!!!

08-Apr-15
Quinn, No where did I mention whether I do or don't wear a helmet other than to say it's required where I live. I have ridden over 250,000 miles on motorcycles in my life and I have had a few mishaps that have left me looking at the sky. The fact is that if you add mass and weight to ANY moving object the force of interia increases. It doesn't matter if it's a weight on a baseball bat or helmet on a head the effect is the same.

08-Apr-15
Ok as the original poster, from here on out no more negative comments About anything other than Obama where warranted.

So next step pick a day/time to all meet up!!!

08-Apr-15
How is all of this dumb s#+! Obama's fault ?

I thought I was reading about a meeting in Sturgis, of "Bow Site, Biker Folks".

Oh well since it's the Presidents fault I'm not going !

I'll stay home and listen to all of the loud exhaust pipes on the cycles to try and guess if they (pipes) are pointed backwards or upright or forward or downward.

After all it's my individual right isn't it?

Get the message :)

08-Apr-15

DC's embedded Photo
DC's embedded Photo
First, let me say I don't like Obama. Now that I have that off my chest you guys stay safe. It can happen to any of us at any time. My friend was just sitting at a red light off to one side of the road when a van ran the red light and right into him. Almost killed him.

08-Apr-15

DC's embedded Photo
DC's embedded Photo
Another pic.

08-Apr-15
On to my second bag :>

08-Apr-15
lets see some biker babes!!!

08-Apr-15
Zing... so all those bikes must have their pipes aimed directly at your stand huh? Otherwise you wouldn't hear them right? Doh!

Last summer a friend of mine's son was sitting at a red light and a car hit him from behind and drove him underneath a pickup truck in front of him.

Another friend was on a charity ride with a hundred other bikes. A guy switched lanes & ran her off the road. She went down, slid across some gravel and her leg caught a steel guard rail post. First amputation left her with an infection they couldn't get rid of. Second amputation was above the knee. She's doing very well with her prosthetic but can't ride anymore.

People just don't see us.

Kelly do you want to meet one evening and hang out a bit? Once they announce more bands I'll let you know what nights I'll be up to the Buffalo Chip. You and I can pick a day where you join my group of 10 for a ride.

08-Apr-15
Yeh we can meet at entrance of the spoke along with other bowsiters to join your group.

I'm trying to talk SteveC123 into going. He moved to Boston area and I have a high school buddy living in Hartford Ct. That he can share cost with.

08-Apr-15
What's Sturgis

09-Apr-15
Best definition of Sturgis I can give is:

Sturgis Occurs the first week of August. It is the peak of the Motorcycle Rut.

Both male and female homosapiens migrate to a small town of Sturgis located in South Dakota. They Migrate by several forms of transportation. The dominate riders travel via a Cruiser or a Trike.

During this time the female homosapien usually wears a light t-shirt with no bra. This is to give the male who is on the front of the motorcycle a comfortable backrest on long journeys taking in all of the beauty that surrounds the area.

As the sun sets and the moon rises this causes an abrubt change in both the male and female homosapien. The males usually start of by sparring with one another. Sparring by bikers is different than any other mammal it is done by seeing who can drink the most alcohol while the women compete in a natural act of what is known as flashing to see who has the dominate breast in the herd.

The more dominant Sturgis Homosapiens will ride their motorcycles from great distances sometimes several thousand miles each way to migrate to Sturgis. The less dominate Motorcycle riders known also as PANSIES will trailer their motorcycles to the migration of Sturgis.

Then there is the TWINK Homosapien who also migrates to Sturgis as well but this is done on a deformed motorcycle which is refered to as a Cafe or Crotch Rocket.

Of the 1.4 million Sturgis gatherers who attend the Sturgis Rut you may only 40-60 of the so called TWINK riders. They are constantly ridiculed, shamed, and SHUN by the dominate bikers.

The female homosapien is often refered to by several subspecies. It can be but not limited to (Old Lady, My Woman, My Bitch, My sex kitten) While the Male is usually refered to two subspecies (My old man, A$$hole).

I hope this helps giving you the definition of Sturgis?

09-Apr-15
Kelly, thanks for the summation, I have nothing to add, except to correct the spelling (it's "Homosapiens", or "wise man") and the species (Homosapiens sapiens", or "wise, wise, man") otherwise you are entirely correct.

09-Apr-15
Kelly, are you saying Mrs. Hottie will be your backrest for this trip. If so, I'm buying a Hog and we can settle our backrest challenge in Sturgis.

09-Apr-15
Also known as a gathering of about 400 thousand family members. Biggest family reunion on earth.

09-Apr-15
Kelly Now that's not only funny but true LOL

09-Apr-15
Sturgis is spring break for the middle aged :)

09-Apr-15
If I'm not hunting antelope in Nevada that week, I would be interested in meeting some fellow bowhunters. I'm not a rider either (spend all my money on another hobby) but I always enjoy talking hunting. Probably will not be bringing a backrest to the migration either, so I'm not sure how I fit into this crowd other than Bowsite and hunting???

09-Apr-15
In the early 80's it was a real party with hard core bikers. I'm not tough enough to live like that now .

09-Apr-15
I'm almost afraid to attend. I might spook some hunter along the way with my V&H pipes.

cnelk. I'm not too far from Central City and have ridden from there to Estes Park. It's a great ride. Since I live in the mountains most of my rides are in the mountains. I have a great ride every time I ride.

If I'm able to make Sturgis I'd love to meet the group. I already have a group to ride with from the Denver area.

09-Apr-15
Brotsky that's a pretty good comparison. I rose the bike to Key West last month. It was spring for the college kids. I managed to keep up and then some but it took me a week to recuperate and I bet they didn't miss a beat.

Sturgis is like a hunt in that if you do it right it's the kind of vacation you need a vacation after!

09-Apr-15
beartrack it is still up in the air whether Michele is going or not?

this is starting to look like a guys trip only

09-Apr-15
I never agree with Zinger on anything, BUT. He is right as far as legality. Also why should bikes be able to get away with baffleless straight pipes when street rods can't? That's me playing devils advocate, not bashing bikes.

09-Apr-15
Mulepower let's set a date and time to meet for a ride. We could all grab breakfast at highschool. (It's open for breakfast daily) and go from there?

Any ideas where we want to ride to folks???

09-Apr-15

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Took this pic last summer when my daughter and I went to visit BHSU

10-Apr-15

cnelk... do you still have the girlfriend that rides? I remember a pic from last year.

Kelly the school is a great place to get breakfast and meet. If you're thinking short ride Spearfish Canyon. Long, Needles Highway or Devil's Tower. Doesn't matter to me. I'll ride both at some point.

10-Apr-15
Rutnut... you're talking about the extreme there. Not many people run straight pipes these days. That's terrible for performance. No back pressure can be harmful to your motor too and for the price of a Harley Davidson these days not many if any would take that chance.

Plus if you cruise long distances like me and many at Sturgis you definitely don't want to hear something that loud for that long. Vance & Hines exhausts which are very popular have a low race car rumble like a nice old Chevelle. They only get loud of you really jump on it.

I know 1 person with straight pipes and I always tell him "Get in the back a-hole"

10-Apr-15
true, I haven't run straight pipes since my old '68 Bonneville ....got a well deserved ticket on that... the Judge was a biker, but I still got fined ;)

10-Apr-15

tcosmic's embedded Photo
tcosmic's embedded Photo
I wish it was a little later so I could leave there and head on to co. for the elk hunt.

10-Apr-15
The wife and I are thinking about making the trip from PA. We have never been there before so it would be an adventure.

Would probably tow the bike behind the motorhome. Any good places with electric hookup to camp?

Here is a photo from last summer on the Blue Ridge Parkway in VA. Beautiful ride.

10-Apr-15

PSUhoss's embedded Photo
PSUhoss's embedded Photo
Oops, here is the photo...

10-Apr-15
PSU, nice view. The mountains are pretty too :)

10-Apr-15
Thanks fuzzy, they are both special treasures.

10-Apr-15
Yes camping still available with hookups at several campgrounds including buffalo chip and the brokenspoke

10-Apr-15

This is back in 2009 I went to Sturgis with my oldest hunting buddy. Well besides my dad!

The first time we hunted together was back in 1978 I was 12 and he was 10.

He called me the year we went to Sturgis and said Harris I want to go to Sturgis it's on my bucket list.

He had esophageal cancer. He passed the following spring. :0 (

This trip was as good as hunting trip we ever did.

10-Apr-15

This was the following year. This is me and my very best friend Gary.

He saw all the photos of my trip with Dennis and said (Harris were going to Sturgis next year).

It's been 5 years since I made the pilgrimage to Sturgis and I cannot wait to get back with my Harley.

10-Apr-15

10-Apr-15

Me and Michele in 2010

10-Apr-15

Last photo in 09 Dennis and I sporting the new ink we had done in Sturgis!!!

10-Apr-15
MuleP

Yep, she still rides the Harley she won at Thunder in the Rockies 'Bike Night' in 2012. All we had to is show up, drink beer and toss the name in the drawing.

photo a55bbeea-cb1e-41e4-a9b9-28ef03aa17ef_zps41a4edd8.jpg

photo IMG_9687 1_zpsnsjysfrq.jpg

photo IMG_9689_zpsxjzyn8ne.jpg

photo ff95d33b-2366-4c25-abbc-75c4db9b6099_zps2be91e44.jpg

11-Apr-15
Have Fun be safe !!

11-Apr-15
Brad... she might have won the bike but it looks like you got the prize.

11-Apr-15

Be safe... yeah, there's some dangerous stuff out there in Sturgis...

11-Apr-15
Hey Mule don't be using Michele photos without her permission!!!

Come on dude she will be ticked if she sees that you used her photo I took the last time we were there!

30-Apr-15

kellyharris's Link
OK it's 90 days from today!!!!

I HAVE GOTTEN SOME PM from some folks who will be there anywhere from the weekend before until arriving on Wednesday the 6th.

So it looks like there may be around 10 or so of us bowsiters plus our friends.

For the LURKERS who don't like to post much feel free to hit me up on Facebook (yes back on) and we can PM there if you want.

Link to my FB attached.

So MulePower has agreed to coordinate 2 meet and greets and rides to accommodate the dates above. (He just hasn't been informed yet)

I'm looking very forward to this what I believe 1st ever type Bowsite meet and greet Biker style event.

30-Apr-15

I guess I've just been informed.

Meet your road captain.

30-Apr-15
now we are talking !!!

01-May-15

FullCryHounds's embedded Photo
FullCryHounds's embedded Photo
Been watching this thread but won't know if we are going till the last minute. Usually we decide the day before then jump on the bikes and go. Some of you CO. boys might recognize this pass.

14-May-15
OK Bowsiters lets shoot for meeting at the school for breakfast at 9am on Wednesday Aug 5th.

The school is just before the Buffalo Chip on the left hand side as your driving east bound out of town.

(Mule Power) will have a ride plan laid out for us after we all have a big breakfast. He will post that well before our departure.

We will park in the far left of the parking lot so we all know who the Bowsiters are.

21-Jul-15
Here ya go Kelly----

Good luck, Robb

21-Jul-15
Guys, used to be some great deer hunting on that land directly behind the school. Archery only. Now closed for insurance reasons. Last decent whitetail buck I shot was 1/4 mile east of there.

Have fun. Be safe.

Had a treestand that I could see the full throttle from, right across the road from it.

As a matter of fact, all the stuff behind fort meade is public and holds some nice whitetails, but they are hard to pattern.

21-Jul-15
Thanks BullElk1. :0)

21-Jul-15

Hey Kelly I gotta cancel. I got a letter from a good friend in Kings Island Ohio that said she is going to be home alone that entire week and would like some company. Have fun man. ;-)

21-Jul-15
Dang it! I would consider this a top of the line bucket list trip! Heading to Africa so I can't make it, but I hope this becomes an annual event! I rode to P&Y this year in Phoenix and then rode northern AZ for a week afterward. I plan to ride to P&Y in St. Louis so if anyone has a plan :-)

21-Jul-15

21-Jul-15
LMAO Mulepower!!!!!

Let me know if you get past the used part?

Gazi, Not sure about another trip? This will be my 3rd trip to Sturgis so I will see how it plays out.

Heading to Mexico next year for the big 50 with my best friend and hopefully BigPizzaman again to celebrate hitting half of a century.

My best friend does want to hit Sturgis again for our continued 50th year celebrations.

If folks who are gonna be there please post if Wednesday works good for you all? If not we will adjust accordingly.

I know Mulepower is staying at the broken spoke and they have a huge Olympic size pool with free beer for one hour every day so if morning breakfast doesn't work we could all meet over there for the day cost for pool is something like 415.00 or 20.00pp for the entire day.

Im looking really forward to meeting those I have not yet got to meet over the years.

21-Jul-15
Wednesday works for me. So.... short ride as in Spearfish Canyon... or longer as in Needles Highway?

Rain date Thursday.

We leave bright and early next Thursday.

21-Jul-15

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I'm ready. Will arrive afternoon of Thurs the 6th.

Leave Saturday

22-Jul-15
I'm good with what the majority decides.

22-Jul-15
Ride safe gentlemen and have a great time. As you know it's the 75th anniversary this year they are expecting record crowds, maybe as many as 1 million riders so traffic is expected to be much worse than usual. In fact I've already seen quite a few go by on their way west, about a week earlier than in a normal year. Enjoy your trip and most importantly make it home safely!

24-Jul-15

Bike is washed,waxed, ready to go!

an older model with very low miles on it. Just had their 5k tune up.

Unlike the other, the bike doesn't have much wear and tear either. :0)

24-Jul-15
A Road King with a batwing fairing. Nice. You should put hard bags on that while you're at it. Much nicer.

Hey that's the lonely housewife that messaged me! I have better pics of her than that one. ;-)

25-Jul-15

ilandhunter's embedded Photo
ilandhunter's embedded Photo

25-Jul-15
Been a few years for me...sold my Road King Classic :^(

But, if ya got the time and want a GREAT full day ride, go west to Buffalo Wyoming and get off the big slab. Hop 62 miles over the Bighorns to Ten Sleep...awesome ride!!! You'll hit 9,000 feet...can be a bit chilly early and late. Ten Sleep canyon with multiple cut backs is a blast, especially the uphill ride back.

I hunted the high canyon country north-north east of there for many, many years.

Have a great ride boys...be safe.

26-Jul-15
Mule - I agree not the best look but it came with the bike when I bought it.

For 10,700.00 with 4100 miles could pass this bike up.

He just put fairing and stereo in last fall for 2,800.00 then this spring decided he wanted a Polaris Slingshot.

I am looking for a set of hard bags as well

31-Jul-15
OK Mulepower left yesterday and my flight takes off in 5 hours!

looking forward to seeing everyone at the highschool for breakfast on Wednesday between 9-9:30/

Park in the far left of parking lot near school.

Are any Bowsiters staying at the Buffalo Chip???

31-Jul-15
Have fun you guys

Be safe

Good luck, Robb

31-Jul-15
Be safe guys.

I know people in the area if you have any problems.

31-Jul-15
Just left Sturgis yesterday. It already felt like last year in the middle of Rally week. It's going to be a really big week. Have fun & stay safe.

04-Aug-15

The legendary MulePower!!

04-Aug-15

Did not get a chance to see where this guy was hunting?

• Sitka Gear