Dakota 09-Apr-15
Dakota 09-Apr-15
MBMule 09-Apr-15
Skullwerx 09-Apr-15
MBMule 14-Apr-15
Brotsky 14-Apr-15
MBMule 15-Apr-15
08-Apr-15
I'm wondering if anyone can help me narrow down where to start looking for a place to hunt turkeys this year. I won't have much time, probably only 3 days, including driving time from Manitoba. I can get to Rapid City, South Dakota in about 12 hours, so that's about my range. I'm not looking to hunt any particular subspecies, although Merriam's would be nice. I'm thinking that eastern Montana, North Dakota or western Minnesota would be ideal, but I haven't ever hunted those states, so I'm not sure where to start. I wouldn't be against paying a trespass fee for private land either.

08-Apr-15
Mule, try Northeast SD. Lots of birds and limited pressure. Probably fairly easy to gain access. Saw a lot of stutters out today on my way up to Fargo from Sioux Falls. Grant and Roberts counties. Good luck!

09-Apr-15

Dakota's Link
We are a bowsite sponsor and might be able to help you out. We are in the very north west corner of South Dakota by the town of Buffalo. Give me a shout if this would be a possibility.

09-Apr-15

Dakota's Link
We are a bowsite sponsor and might be able to help you out. We are in the very north west corner of South Dakota by the town of Buffalo. Give me a shout if this would be a possibility.

09-Apr-15

Dakota's Link
We are a bowsite sponsor and might be able to help you out. We are in the very northwest corner of South Dakota by the town of Buffalo.

09-Apr-15
Thanks for the tip, Brotsky! Dakota, PM sent.

09-Apr-15
I hunt NE SD and Brotsky's right about there being plenty of birds. Around Sisseton is where we hunt and getting permission can be a challenge especially with season underway. A lot of landowners already have guys hunting, thats what I've found anyway. There is also a bunch of reservation ground around and sprinkled in with the private ground so it can be tricky finding you's ground your on. You could also check on a reservation tag for that area, I'm not sure how they work that.

14-Apr-15
Okay, thanks! I found an extremely reasonably priced outfitter in NW SD that I'm going with. Lots of access to private ground and with limited time this year, I can't afford to spend any getting permission or competing with other public land guys.

14-Apr-15
If you're going with Dakota then you made a good choice! He'll treat you right!

15-Apr-15
I'm not, actually. Randy contacted me just after I had agreed to go with another outfitter from just a little further south. I'll definitely keep Routier's in mind for future trips though. Randy was very honest and a standup guy.

• Sitka Gear