turkeyhunter 19-Apr-15
BoonROTO 20-Apr-15
Genesis 20-Apr-15
GreenGenie 20-Apr-15
Ziek 20-Apr-15
R. Hale 20-Apr-15
Mad_Angler 20-Apr-15
08-Apr-15
Anyone attending the WTHC in Kansas next week.....$50,000 in prizes. Anyone have information on this event.....i see the winning team was from PA last 2 years.

09-Apr-15
Guess I need to get out more. Never heard of it. Only thing that gets any notice around here is the Governor's One Shot Hunt next weekend in El Dorado.

09-Apr-15
I was at this event last year and will be going again this year. I enjoy turkey hunting but it is by no means a passion of mine. That being said, it was a good time but a little unorganized which is understandable being it was their 2nd year. There's a lot more going on besides the hunt.

Bottom line is that if you draw a good farm to hunt with birds on it, you have a chance to win. If the farm you draw has no birds, you're in for a long 2 days of hunting.

09-Apr-15
GreenGenie....hope to see you there. It will be our first time attending.

09-Apr-15

sitO's Link
$5k per team to register? C'mon man, plus if a certain guru from AL ain't there then it don't count ;)

09-Apr-15
I never thought of hunting as a competitive sport. What is done with the profits?

18-Apr-15
GreenGenie, good to meet you at the WTHC....it was a great time and met a lot of good people....Lots of turkeys harvested during this event. Very nice to see all the land owners invited for the concert and banquet....great to see Wicked Outdoors given back to the land owners....will be returning next year with 2 teams.

18-Apr-15
I'm with you sitO, 5K per team seems a little steep ! But, whatever floats your boat. Have fun guys !

18-Apr-15
World Turkey Hunting Championship? Are you kidding me?

I'm going to start the JHO (Justin Howell Organization) sanctioned World Turkey Hunting Championship with 3 inch shells next year. My admission will be $5. I'll give proceeds back to the landowners though. Not sure how that compares to Wicked Outdoors "giving back" but, mine will likely draw less attention not having all that prize money and "Big Time" hunters there. So, I have to act accordingly.

Come on out ya'll. Everyone is invited. It'll be the real test to show who the best of the best is at killing turkey's though. I'll see you here next spring!

As stupid as that sounded, it wasn't any dumber in mind than the original WTHC in Kansas. Sorry. I normally don't comment on such threads or the idiocy that has became of the "business". But, that one was just as dumb as the Drury brother's show about teams of whitetail hunters. Come on people!

19-Apr-15
Forgot to add the H4H......."Hunting for Heroes" had 3 members of their group in attendance hunting....man the smiles on these veteran faces when they all came back with turkeys, a couple were first time turkey hunters. H4H raised allot of money for veteran and Heroes.

20-Apr-15
$5000, WTF.........The title of the event alone put me off. The fact that it is geared towards money and ego is in complete contrast to why I hunt. Some people just don't get it.

20-Apr-15
New twist on Outfitting....

20-Apr-15
It was great to meet you as well Terry. For the rest who don't understand, the whole event is a fund raiser for Hunting for Hero's organization. http://huntingforheroes.org/

You can call it stupid, ego driven or whatever you'd like. I've personally met some of the families that benefit from this organization and the money raised from this event. 100's of police officers volunteer their time to make this event happen. Sure, some teams are there for the wrong reasons and to feed their ego's, killing turkeys is not the most important thing going on at the WTHC.

20-Apr-15
Just curios. A few years ago, some moron proposed a whitetail bowhunting contest, similar to fishing competitions, and I assume similar to this turkey "hunt". Virtually no respectable bowhunter supported such an irresponsible offshoot of hunting. How is this "hunt" different? Is it because it's "just" turkeys? Or is this just another sign of the times? Is this just leading us into more hunting contests, one step at a time, getting us used to the idea that it is normal, ethical, and will somehow promote bowhunting positively to the non hunting public? Surely there are better ways to promote bowhunting, and introduce new hunters to bowhunting.

20-Apr-15
Before KS Wildlife was turned over to the Department of Turism, one of the tourism guys spoke at a KDWP meeting. He was promoting deer contest to sell off what remained of the Ks deer herd. Then KDWP was turned over to the Tourism Department so we will be seeing more of this activity. I own a farm in the area and should have watched it.

20-Apr-15
So. How does it work? You pay $5k, get to spend a few days hunting priviate land and evening festivities? All the money goes to Hunting for Hero's?

Doesn't sound so bad to me.

I don't really like people or big parties. But I can see how this would be a fun time for folks who did...

• Sitka Gear