Mathews Inc.
Anyone know the story behind this photo?
Wild Sheep
Contributors to this thread:
orionsbrother 11-Apr-15
TD 11-Apr-15
Bou'bound 11-Apr-15
IdyllwildArcher 11-Apr-15
Matt Palmquist 11-Apr-15
Bigdan 11-Apr-15
patdel 11-Apr-15
Matt Palmquist 11-Apr-15
Pete In Fairbanks 11-Apr-15
elkmtngear 11-Apr-15
TD 11-Apr-15
patdel 11-Apr-15
Medicinemann 12-Apr-15
NvaGvUp 12-Apr-15
Zbone 13-Apr-15
Dinkshooter@work 13-Apr-15
Dinkshooter@work 13-Apr-15
11-Apr-15

orionsbrother's embedded Photo
orionsbrother's embedded Photo
Don't know, but here's a similar one supposedly taken by some guys stringing power lines when a moose got entangled in the line before it was pulled up.

11-Apr-15
Deep snow? Relocation helicopter flying too low? Lines are at the base of a cliff? Halloween?

Yeah, wild photo for sure....

11-Apr-15
Normally I would suggest contacting the wild sheep foundation for information but in this case you may want to call the wired sheep foundation

11-Apr-15
I've heard of counting sheep jumping over a fence, but this is ridiculous.

11-Apr-15
Seems like I read that the lines were being strung and laying on the ground and they have a machine that tightens the power lines and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I might have heard that at a bowsite PY social so take it for what it's worth;)

11-Apr-15

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Looks like ram on a wire mabe droped when it was being hauled out for transplant like this

11-Apr-15
Matt that's possible with the moose. I can see stringing Dollies. He could have got tangled up in a rope at the start of the pull or if they had problems and wire wound up on the ground and they started again. Not sure. I'd think you'd have to crank up the hydraulic pressure and hit the throttle pretty hard to pick up a moose. Im skeptical but any things possible. Maybe they had bigger equipment than I'm accustomed to.

The wire the sheep is hanging from appears to have already been sagged and made up. I would think he would have had to jump from a nearby cliff or ledge. Or deliberately put there. Or dropped from above. ???? Or its fake. Stranger things have happened.

11-Apr-15
It may have been the moose one I read that about. It was a long time ago. The fake idea is probably the most logical yet:)

11-Apr-15
I've never seen the ram photo before.

I can vouch for the moose photo though. That happened between Fairbanks and Delta a few years ago when they were stringing power line for the Pogo Mine up the Good Pasture River.

Pete

11-Apr-15
I have heard that those bighorn rams can be really high strung...

11-Apr-15
Fake??? Can't be... it's on the internet....

Com'on.... where's your sense of adventure!!!!

11-Apr-15
TD, it could be real.. I didn't say for sure it was fake. Anything is possible. Im just having a hard time imagining a scenario that could lead to that. I'm curious myself.

I've drug a lot of stuff off power lines. Blue herons squirrels coons possums hawks eagles and owls. Balloons and tennis shoes. Lots of fishing tackle. Rabbits. Snakes.

There's usually an explanation. I'm stumped on this one. Maybe he spotted a good looking ewe across the canyon and was trying to zip line over there.

12-Apr-15
There is a similar photo taken in Alaska.... but it was of a bull moose, not a ram.

12-Apr-15
Photo Shop would be my guess.

13-Apr-15
I remember seeing photo a few years back and was suppose to be legit and if I remember right happened somewhere in Canada while stringing new power line, same with the moose, as Pete said happened in Alaska...

13-Apr-15
I'm guessing there are some cliffs fairly close to the wires and after he hooked a horn he slid away from them down the wire.

A bunch of great guys volunteered and cleaned up a telegraph wire mess in southern Colorado last fall.

They knew previously it had entrapped and killed several rams in the past and even found another one while working to clean up the wire.

I can't seem to find the picture of the dead ram they found.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20141015/NEWS06/141019696/0/SEARCH/Cleaning-up-bighorn-habitat

13-Apr-15

Dinkshooter@work's Link

• Sitka Gear