r-man 15-Apr-15
Heat 15-Apr-15
writer 15-Apr-15
PeroteHunter 19-Apr-15
bnt40 19-Apr-15
PeroteHunter 20-Apr-15
15-Apr-15
9:41 AM LIVE from Az*
After a 30 mile two hour commute to the airport, we are on the runway headed to AZ. Apparently an accident between Phoenix and th e Apache reservation will further delay our arrival. No concrete word from the Rangers as to our actual destination. I guess they like to keep it secret. Maybe they will blindfold us for transport to camp.

15-Apr-15
Nice. What unit are you hunting?

15-Apr-15
2:14 PM LIVE from Az*
Honestly do not know yet. Just landed, was told to head toward Show Low. Praying that our hard cases got off the plane and did not go on to Seattle.

15-Apr-15
You don't know what animal your hunting?

15-Apr-15
may never hear from him again, sounds weird. he just got abducted in to the Mexican cartel

15-Apr-15
Good Luck! My guess is you will be headed to "Maverick". You are in for a treat!

15-Apr-15
Pretty sure he's hunting turkeys, or it probably would't be in this forum.

19-Apr-15

PeroteHunter's embedded Photo
PeroteHunter's embedded Photo
We were at West Camp. Zero digital coverage. Four days of hard hunting. Several hunters didn't tag out.

19-Apr-15
Congrats on a fine bird.

20-Apr-15
I will say that if you have never hunted for turkeys in mountains and canyons, you will want to add this one to your list. Also, success seems to have been very guide dependent. The birds are not difficult, lots of stupid 2 year olds. However, if the weather doesn't cooperate and the hunting is really tough, the really good guides were able to find and call in the birds while the average ones struggled. Accommodations were just fine and the food was solid. Native American reservations are interesting places and there is a lot to experience. The people there were very nice.

• Sitka Gear