writer 15-Apr-15
Ermine 16-Apr-15
HeadHunter® 18-Apr-15
Chip T. 18-Apr-15
Chip T. 20-Apr-15
renegade2828 20-Apr-15
sticksender 20-Apr-15
15-Apr-15
Thanks to a new town reg this year I have to hunt on the backside on my friends house. Birds would fly off the roost, land on his back yard and then walk up the driveway into the neighborhood. This year I have to set up on the side of the house so I bought 3 coyote decoys which I will put up to block them from their usual route. Hopefull they will see them and come around the side of the house and in the direction of my blind. I have been seeing 8-10 longbeards and just a few hens for the past few weeks. Season starts on Monday so we shall what happens.

15-Apr-15
Let us know if that works. I have a guy that hunts the neighbors property. It's a small area along a field. Trouble is, he sets his blind up on my property line over looking a clearing in my woods. I've thought about setting a blind 4 ft away from his blind on my property, but a few coyote decoys might be better. Lol

15-Apr-15
Interesting idea, I'd be curious to know how that works as well. Just make sure to remove them when they come back through to roost!

15-Apr-15
I've hunted with several guys who use coyote decoys to deter geese, and it's worked well.

16-Apr-15
I bet it would work. Let us know!

18-Apr-15
Any report yet? ..... I think it just may work!

18-Apr-15
Season starts on Monday Should be raining but I will give it a shot.

20-Apr-15
So much for this idea:) Birds flew down and walked right thru my 3 coyote decoys and proceeded to walk up the street. I packed up my gear and headed to my car and passed the flock of 12 toms and a few hens and they looked at me and kind of chuckled:) Will get my revenge the last 2 weeks of the season as we can hunt all day and they hang around my blind at nite before the fly up.

20-Apr-15
put a dog on a chain up

20-Apr-15
Not too surprising from what I've seen Chip.

It's no wonder we find piles of turkey feathers here on our farm year 'round. In this January pic from a few years back, these Toms appear to be waiting on the coyote to leave the grain pile. Or waiting to be eaten themselves.

Small brains behind those beaks.

• Sitka Gear