Bakh 17-Apr-15
killinstuff 17-Apr-15
Dwayne 17-Apr-15
TXCO 21-Apr-15
deerhaven 21-Apr-15
16-Apr-15

Tatonka's embedded Photo
Tatonka's embedded Photo
Had this sent to me.... you all might have seen it. Killed in Russia.

16-Apr-15
My goodness.

16-Apr-15
Yikes that's huge...and they destroyed the cape.

16-Apr-15
You can't bowhunt in Russia.

16-Apr-15
"You can't bowhunt in Russia"

UH.... are you sure?

16-Apr-15
That's a toad of a bull!

16-Apr-15
YOWZA!!!

Any details?

16-Apr-15

elkmtngear's Link

See bowhunting outfitter at link

16-Apr-15
Weak fronts. bwaahahaha!!

Good Lord that thing is insane.

16-Apr-15
Wonder is that the east Russian version of Alaska-Yukon or the west Russian version of old world Swedish moose

You can do anything you want in Russia!

That's a fact don't let anyone tell ya different!

Boris, Igor, Sergie would rather have a hand ful of green backs instead of those devalued rubles any day or night

Don't forget to say hi to Elana and Svetlana while your there

The pike fishing can be fantastic also but it's darn hard to get those Caparcaille grouse

16-Apr-15
Wowzers. That thing is a beast! Looks like the guy on the right has an AK47 on his back. He probably had to Empty the clip because the accuracy of those things are terrible from what I am told.

17-Apr-15
from the outfitters link Chukotka moose is the largest moose in Russia and some believe in the world. It is found in Northeastern Siberia: parts of Magadan region and Yakutia, in small numbers in Kamchatka peninsula, and in Chukotka peninsula, which gave it the name. It is a truly magnificent animal. Males can weigh as much as a ton with antlers of record trophies spanning over 200 cm (80 inches). Chukotka peninsula and Magadan region are difficult destinations to hunt due to unpredictable weather and extreme remoteness, yet the quality of the trophies overwhelmingly outweighs all the difficulties. Hunts are done by stalking, calling and sometimes on rafting expeditions.

According to the materials, you can't import an assembled bow into Russia (unless you know the right official of course). But disassembling solves that problem. So re the thread title, who wants to go to Chukotka?

17-Apr-15
I want to see the skinny dude on the left backpack that head out of there! He'll be a little top heavy don't you think? lol

17-Apr-15
I wonder cost wise,the difference between Russia and the Yukon?

17-Apr-15
I wonder if he killed it with that AK-47 on his back?

17-Apr-15
KJC+ In Russia bowhunting is banned

17-Apr-15
Huh, Doug Borland Don Thomas and few other Trad guys where hunting Russia 15- 20 years ago. Wonder what happened.

To answer the OP's question, I'd go in a heartbeat. Best part of going is I don't have to stay.

17-Apr-15
I was there on an environmental project in the Moscow area. When the mayor of Tver heard I was a bowhunter he said (through an interpreter) "you come back with your bow and we will go boar hunting." Never did though!

21-Apr-15
People used to be able to apply for special permits that allowed bowhunting. Not anymore.

Amazing moose!!

21-Apr-15
I have been having some conversations with booking agents and a Russian guide that I connected with. As I understand it bowhunting is currently illegal in Russia. it is in the works as of now though and looks very positive that it will be legalized in the near future. I have heard some of the earlier hunts were by special permit and some were done by paying off local officials but I have no evidence of this. Russia has never been very high on my list but it would be an adventure. I will post if I hear anymore on law change.

• Sitka Gear