flyingbrass 17-Apr-15
Eric B. 17-Apr-15
ABQBW 18-Apr-15
flyingbrass 18-Apr-15
writer 18-Apr-15
Rondo 19-Apr-15
sbschindler 19-Apr-15
17-Apr-15
Season is sept 15- to nov 29. When are most sheep killed? I will put my kids in if you still have a chance nov 1st. Weather will be worse I know but I couldn't get them out of school hardly until then. Thanks for the replies. It's a long way to MT from Arkansas

17-Apr-15
Most of the big ones are killed in early nov.

17-Apr-15
Most get killed when they are punctured with some sort of sharp object ;)

17-Apr-15
So the during the rut? First week of nov?

17-Apr-15
Nov 6

17-Apr-15
The big boys showed up on the 1st of Nov on my hunt in the NW part of the state. On Nov 10 they started moving back out. I had the peak of the rut on Nov. 5th that year.

17-Apr-15
So the during the rut? First week of nov?

17-Apr-15
Holloween time through November . Still rutting hard on 11/15 when I got mine. Very tough hunt in September.

18-Apr-15
Do you know how hard it is to draw a nonres sheep tag in MT? Don't even worry about the dates. Draw. Celebrate. Make it work. School is second to very, very few things in our household (actually I can't think of anything non-tragic) but a sheep permit did get one of my kids out of school for a few days.

18-Apr-15
ABQBW, yes I know the odds are low. I been at it for many years but I have drawn some tag with much worse odds. Some were worse than 1:1000 so if anybody can draw, it could be me or my offspring. My son drew 1 of 6 tags out of 18,000 last year! thanks for the replies.

18-Apr-15
Took my son out of school for a week when I drew MT in 98.

More educational, and memorable, than what he'd have learned in school that week.

All of his teachers were very supportive. He was 11.

19-Apr-15
Around here most are killed when they put salt on the highway in the winter. Vehicle kills are more than legal harvest. Shame!!

19-Apr-15
the weather is the #1 spoiler for later season hunts, the big sheep can be found earlier,,

• Sitka Gear