r-man 18-Apr-15
renegade2828 18-Apr-15
Mad_Angler 18-Apr-15
renegade2828 18-Apr-15
Dan Mallia 19-Apr-15
bnt40 19-Apr-15
Windwalker 19-Apr-15
17-Apr-15
Alright folks, going to try again tomorrow but this year is beating me down...turkeys, morels, everything is tough for me this year, thinking of ditching the blind in the morning and just try to find a turkey path...rookie turkey hunter here but I do know I can't kill one from the couch

17-Apr-15
Good luck !

17-Apr-15
Good luck renegade! Some years you can do no right and some you can do no wrong!

18-Apr-15
Yea, sometime it just does not happen.

Prior to last year, I had killed two toms every year for the past 15 years.

Last year after hunting for two weeks in Nebraska and Kansas, I just could not get a break., ie, no mature toms into the decoys for a close up shot.

This year it only took two days in Nebraska and two here in Colorado to kill the birds and the last hunt only lasted two hours.

Go figure.

Give them hell. My best, Paul

18-Apr-15
well i was talking to quite a few toms this morning until the sky opened up and the downpour began, but hey thats why they call it hunting and not killing

18-Apr-15
Opening day here in Arkansas. I hunted private land I know well, had gobblers very close but they just would not commit. No matter what I did the gobbler would drift off. I backed out and will try again. Like you said hunting...love it!!!

18-Apr-15
yea there kicking my a-- but too, I have seen them daily right up till season started, and there not responding properly to calls either. the good thing is I found a reel plump one at Walmart,.

18-Apr-15
haha r-man i hope it doesnt have to come to that

18-Apr-15
renegade,

Just keep going. It will happen. Each time you will learn something. Then one time, the bird will just fall in your lap.

The secret... just keep going... Like you said, you wont kill them on your couch...

18-Apr-15
Mad Angler,

That's the plan, I happen to be one stubborn person so I wont give up that easily.

Andy

19-Apr-15
I've had a hell of season this year compared to last, missed a couple and overall the birds have been tough in my areas, almost like they're way ahead of schedule this year (on the breeding game). Keep after em, the worm will turn.

19-Apr-15
Yep, keep at it. Sometimes it seems way too easy and other times it seem almost impossible.

One year I hit Missouri before heading down to Kansas. I had three days in Missouri and it came down to the last hour of the 4th morning :) and than in Kansas it came down to the last hour of the fifth day of my 4 day hunt. Not joking. My time ran out but each morning of my drive out, drive home day it happened.

19-Apr-15
I failed to check where my Bullheads were flying before I went hunting this year. Since I had killed a bird last year with my turkey bow and not used it or made any changes since I assumed everything was fine. After hitting 3 different birds in the same spot (low and to the right); just near where the neck connects to the body I sighted the bow in and guess what the Bullheads were hitting low and to the right. Something had changed for sure; either my form or the bow. Anyway, I'm going out again armed with new confidence. Makes me even more determined to kill a bird. Never again will I fail to checkout my broadheads before a hunt. If I do not take a bird this year it will be the first year in 15 years that I have failed to kill a bird. Hang in there; you will score.

• Sitka Gear