CPAhunter 20-Apr-15
Rayzor 24-Apr-15
Rayzor 24-Apr-15
cityhunter 25-Apr-15
Knife2sharp 25-Apr-15
Knife2sharp 25-Apr-15
Rayzor 26-Apr-15
19-Apr-15
I have a buddy whose dad is looking to sell a very large collection of mounts. He has the grand slam of sheep, numerous elk deer and antelope, a few moose, a bison, and a few other odds and ends. Unfortunately he has been diagnosed with cancer and he has decided to sell his mounts to help pay for his medical bills. I've talked to him for quite a while about it and he says he is definitely sure that he wants to sell them, but I honestly have no clue where to start. Do any of you guys know of someone or someplace that might want to buy them here in Utah. Thanks in advance.

20-Apr-15
You can go on eBay and restrict the search to "Sold Listings" and get an idea for what that marketplace values specific animal mounts that are not very high scoring or historically important.

Mounts tend to be very personal trophies. As such, the market for resale tends to be interested in very high scoring or historically important mounts. I presume mine will end up donated to the local gun range by my wife except for one or two the kids might want to display.

Sorry to hear about your friend's father.

20-Apr-15
Cabelas and Bass Pro buy some.

20-Apr-15
If he wants to move them all in one sale, his best bet is to use a taxidermy auction company.

20-Apr-15
In addition to whats already been mentioned tell him to contact interior designers, they like to use mounts for clients and they generally have clients who aren't afraid to spend money.

20-Apr-15
You can sell the entire collection at once if desired. Go to the B&C and or SCI websites for leads or google the topic. Good luck! C

20-Apr-15
Sorry for his illness GOD bless !!

20-Apr-15
Thanks for the info guys, it would be nice to sell them all at once.

20-Apr-15
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Taxidermy-Mounts-Wanted/532336.uts

24-Apr-15
Careful which state you send them to. Illegal some places. VA for one. Over $300 and its a felony for buyer and seller here.

24-Apr-15
Careful which state you send them to. Illegal some places. VA for one. Over $300 and its a felony for buyer and seller here.

25-Apr-15
rayzor wow felony for selling legal game mounts ?

25-Apr-15
HuntinFoolUtah, if you are still looking, go to antlersbyklaus.com and reach out them. They have been doing all the taxidermy scenes at the Field and Stream stores. In the past year or so they've moved into a large facility where they can store them. He also does the replicas for Cabelas and Bass Pro so he'd benefit from getting them first hand instead of them. This is the perfect time because with all the new F&S and Cabellas stores, there is a demand for them.

25-Apr-15
If he hasn't found anyone and they're still available, PM me his email address and I will have Klaus or Nola contact him if they're interested. I sent him a text and awaiting his reply.

26-Apr-15
Yep. I looked into it several years ago. VA has some screwed up laws when it comes to that. I'm sure they are meant to nail the poachers but I wouldnt want to be the one to test them. I'd say they aren't the only state like that but don't know that for sure.

• Sitka Gear