MBMule 23-Apr-15
r-man 23-Apr-15
writer 23-Apr-15
MBMule 24-Apr-15
mikesohm/magnus 25-Apr-15
MBMule 26-Apr-15
Hawkeye 26-Apr-15
21-Apr-15
Has anybody used the new M.O.R.E. broadhead yet? I'd like to get a pack for my buddy who's dying to take a turkeys head off but I haven't heard good reviews. However, a lot of them seem to stem from the same guy (in my opinion) who is a prostaffer for another "guillotine" style broadhead.

So, has anybody tried them? I'm most interested in the claim that there was a LOT of blade movement and some difficulty opening blades. Is there any truth to these claims?

21-Apr-15
Dereks video was enough to keep me away from them, that and the Bullheads have been great for me so why change..... and Magnus has a great guarantee. I messed up a screw replacing blades the other day on a Bullhead. Layed my hand open pretty good in the process. One email and two days later there was a new broadhead in my mailbox.

The concept of the M.O.R.E. and its folding blades had me intrigued but I like to keep it simple.

23-Apr-15
Since I am "the guy" don't take my word for it (I understand if you don't want to believe me). So why don't you pony up some coin and buy a pack and try them. Cabela's is selling them now for about $40 a pack. Reviews there are just awesome. I did see someone post on Facebook the other day where he missed a tom at 10 yards by 2 feet. He even had a video that he posted on the Blue Collar Bowhunting page.

23-Apr-15
You're not helping your cause, DEC.

23-Apr-15
I have no cause that needs helped.

23-Apr-15
"I did see someone post on Facebook the other day where he missed a tom at 10 yards by 2 feet."

Due to the broadhead?

23-Apr-15
From the description of the MORE head, it might be "tricky" to properly extend and retract the head, kinda user error sort of thing.

We are going to use the Bullhead, but sure like the concept of fitting the MORE head in the quiver.

23-Apr-15
"Due to the broadhead?"

It was due to something. He could have yanked the shot, we all have done it at one point. It could have been the broadhead. I wasn't there, I simply watched the video.

I will say that I spent an afternoon shooting the M.O.R.E. heads with cameras off simply because I wanted to spend the time and give them the benefit of the doubt. The flight was erratic. Even at 10 yards for every one shot that hit a bullseye, I would have two more shots that would be anywhere from 2" to 6" off target. 20 yards and further, forget it. I never once had a bullseye impact and the flight was a total shotgun type of pattern. This is out of a tuned bow (remember I shoot Bullheads) and using Bullhead arrows. Why I could not get the M.O.R.E. heads to fly, I don't know. All I can figure is it was due to how loose the blades are, but that is a total guess.

Again, don't take my word though, because it is impossible for me to be unbiased and give a fair report. (insert rolling eyes here) $40 and you can make up your own mind.

23-Apr-15
I've never bashed Muzzy. I bought a pack of broadheads just like any one else could do (but they won't apparently) to test out. I honestly was very intrigued with the fold up concept. I video taped the opening of the box from Cabela's and packaging on camera with zero cut aways and was told that this was "biased" and that I was "lying".

I personally don't care who's brand of broadhead that anyone shoots at turkeys, deer, or any other game animal. I am a turkey hunter who uses a bow before anything else. I was simply relaying accurate info on a new product. I did not bash the Muzzy brand or the product. Not one thing that I have typed regarding my experience with the product is false. It is the truth and accurate ... that is not bashing. I spent my money at my own doing to buy a new product that I found intriguing, pretty simple really.

Again, don't believe me, that is fine. Man up and spend $40 and make your own assessment of the product, rather than say the only reviews online are by someone affiliated with another brand and they are biased. I have yet to see anyone offer any more hands on information (including Muzzy themselves) than what I have given.

23-Apr-15
DEC, you're not naive. Surely, you can understand that some people may be skeptical of your review of a competitors product. No matter what you say, and regardless of who bought the broadhead, you have a bias. You're on a competitors prostaff and you're close with the company, by your own admission. Even if that bias isn't reflected in your review, people will not take that review, no matter how fair and honest, at face value.

This was not started to call you out. I intentionally didn't mention your name. I really do appreciate you taking your time and money to do a review of the M.O.R.E. head. I just wish that it was someone else who did it. Someone who wasn't affiliated with the competition.

As for "manning up", I plan to do just that. However, because I can't seem to find anyone else with firsthand experience with them, I won't buy them until I can check them out in person.

23-Apr-15
used to love them, they no longer make a head I can use, there all to light. and I don't like chisel tips

23-Apr-15
X2, Pat.

Seriously, DEC, you're making this look worse for you and, unfortunately, Magnus.

If someone from Muzzy did the same with Bullheads you'd be all over it.

Sean, if you do buy a package, please let a couple of other people shoot them for comparison.

I doubt I'll trade in my Bullheads, even with some small problems I'm having, but I am anxious to see what others come up with.

24-Apr-15
Writer, will do! They're not for me, I'll stick to my VPA's, but I'll shoot them out of my bow anyway, just for fun. I did the same with some Bullheads the other day and they flew just fine. I used FOBs instead of their recommendation of full length feathers and was impressed with the flight.

25-Apr-15

mikesohm/magnus's embedded Photo
mikesohm/magnus's embedded Photo
We don't have any issue with others in the industry coming out with head lopping broadheads we welcome it because it brings more attention to taking a turkeys head off as a very effective tool.

Personally if we didn't make the bullhead I would be buying a head lopping broadhead. Its the best way to hunt turkeys with a bow. Your either killing them or your missing them. Derek Craig is a good guy and did the review totally on his own, Derek is a first class engineer and a very experienced bowhunter. We don't have paid pro staffers. The only paid pro staffers from Magnus is myself and I am the owner and a bowhunter for the past 35 years.

You should go to Dereks youtube site, New Day Outdoors, Derek reviews products all the time there.

If you bowhunt turkeys do yourself a favor and shoot a head lopping broadhead like our bullheads or guillotines, or the tom bomb or the muzzy more broadhead, its very effective and its a blast!!!

26-Apr-15
Thanks for the response, Mike!

Just to clear things up, it WAS NOT my intention to insinuate that Magnus had somehow put Derek up to doing the review and I apologize if that's how it came off. I actually do believe Derek's review, but as stated above, it's tough to take something totally at face value when it's coming from someone affiliated with the competition, even if the competition already has an established, superior product. I also tend to want to try things out for myself.

The only intention of this thread was to find a bunch of people who either said "yes, the blade fit is sloppy and they don't fly well because of it" or "no, the tolerances are good and they seem to fly well". Since I didn't find enough to sway me one way or the other, I'll just check out a pack myself.

26-Apr-15
I agree with Mike on the head lopper comments and Ive hunted them with about everything. Obviously all heads work when placed correctly and most of my kills have been with mechanicals on turkeys. But I really enjoy the head loppers of late.

Its ALOT of fun, and very effective. I used various brands too. I cant comment on the MORE other than when I held it I didnt feel confident in its construction compared to a guillotine bullhead or DCAP. But havent shot or used.

• Sitka Gear