cityhunter 23-Apr-15
Jaquomo 24-Apr-15
Z Barebow 24-Apr-15
sticksender 29-Apr-15
Surfbow 29-Apr-15
trkyslr 29-Apr-15
Rut Nut 30-Apr-15
21-Apr-15
dunno how these taste but appear decent by the ingredients.. right now on policegear.com they have them marked down from 6.99 to 1.99. just a heads up.

21-Apr-15
Quote: "right now on policegear.com they have them....."

trkyslr that link you gave is wrong. I googled your thread title and you must be referring to lapolicegear.com

First I've seen of these. The meals look interesting and certainly cheap enough.

21-Apr-15
Thanks for posting this! I just ordered an assortment for summer scouting and backpacking. Reviews seems good, price is excellent.

21-Apr-15

oldgoat's Link
Hopefully the link works, if not just search "camp ready meals" on YouTube. Sounds like they aren't packaged very well and not a very high calorie content.

21-Apr-15
Saw those videos which point out there's no real meat in any of their meals....all vegetable protein.

Still couldn't resist the 1.99 bargain price and ordered a few to try.

21-Apr-15
I didn't check the calorie count first - my bad. I just canceled my order. $1.99 is a good price, but I'd rather buy MH at a good price and split the meals in half. At least I know what I'm getting with them.

21-Apr-15
Lou, costco has Mtn house 10 packs for $44, cheapest I have found.

21-Apr-15
I agree. Calorie count is just 130 calories or maybe 260 calories. That isn't worth the effort of boiling the water...

21-Apr-15
130 cal u will starve i think a snickers has more.

21-Apr-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo
MRE way to go no need to boil water u can eat cold or use heat packs . Even got Dan and Blktail bob eating them !!

21-Apr-15
Blktail bob on the left sure wears craziest but realistic

camo

21-Apr-15
Those might give me cheaper gas than MH, but it the woods it might be the wrong call!!!! Every step its like walking on a duck?

21-Apr-15
Bowcrossin: if u tuck your pants into your boots then every step will feel like you're walking on air!

21-Apr-15
Lol u guys crack me up.. Yes low calorie but thought I'd just throw this out there.. I'll try one and see how it is.

22-Apr-15
trkyslr, let us know, please. There are some MH and Backpacker Pantry meals that seem like cat puke to me, too.

Maggie is looking at Danny's MRE like, "WTH? Even a dog wouldn't eat that thing!"

22-Apr-15
For $1.99 what the heck--I ordered a couple ----

Thanks for the link

Good luck, Robb

22-Apr-15
MRE...

Meals Rejected by Ethiopians

22-Apr-15
I ordered some too

22-Apr-15
LOL @ Barty!

22-Apr-15
Ramen noodles have more calories and cost about 25 cents a pack.

22-Apr-15

TD's Link
MREs save some weight too..... you don't have to pack near the mountain money you used to....

Roll your own freeze dried..... I think this was the machine South Cox was talking about in his P&Y seminar.

Could be doable, amortize it over a few years....sell some at the swap meet..... if you can get a Prepper living next door to kick in on it you're home free......

22-Apr-15

If there good enough for our troops they work for me. MRE with fresh blueberries , Life is Good !!

22-Apr-15
Louis, did you feel better after you threw that up on the rock?

22-Apr-15
Not "lichen" that meal with the fresh berries.

22-Apr-15
THank you Treewalker!! That made my night!

23-Apr-15
LOL!

Louis, not sure which criteria to apply from the pic..... intake velocity or terminal performance.....

23-Apr-15

Td back home i eat healthy but when out hunting away from camp i just want a, meal MREs serve this goal i can eat cold or there heat packs are the ticket!

23-Apr-15
why is you're food sitting on a rock?

23-Apr-15
Louis says to hell with the 10 second rule.

23-Apr-15
If I opened a bag of "food" and it looked like that it would end up on a rock, too. Think I'd rather eat the heat pack.

Mountain House needs to use that photo in their ad campaign.

23-Apr-15
You are hard core man, not only do you eat MRE's, you eat them with squirrel turds mixed in.

23-Apr-15
City, Sort of like the carp recipe.

"place the carp on a board, cook well, when done, throw away the carp and eat the board." ie, rock.

23-Apr-15

Soloman i travel light :> its on the rock cause it was so good i wanted it all out of the pack !!! I think thats a beef stew one mixed with mashed potatoes its awesome .

Lou heat packs are good boot dryers after they heat your meal .

24-Apr-15
Louis, I'd rather eat your boot and carry some Hot Hands for boot dryers. :)

24-Apr-15
city- No wonder you have problems with big bears. You have been setting up bait sites!

29-Apr-15
Just to update, the assorted Camp Ready meal packs came in today. Main issue with these is poor package design. Most of the packages have small holes and splits in them. If you jostle the package, white powder comes poofing out the holes. Expiration date is listed as 2017 but I have my doubts since the packages are not sealed. Will probably return these rather than take any chances.

29-Apr-15
Good gravy, I think I'd scrape off that MRE and eat the lichen!

29-Apr-15
I also received mine and will use them but mtn house is deff gonna be in my pack this fall.. Prob pack both... These are small in size Prob a 1/3 of mtn house.. I had the teriyaki chicken rice and it was decent. In the mtns it Prob taste better like anything else.

30-Apr-15

why is you're food sitting on a rock?

I figured that was how he was heating it up! ;-)

• Sitka Gear