MissingStrands 27-Apr-15
CJ7ski 27-Apr-15
KMAN1 27-Apr-15
KMAN1 27-Apr-15
glidingindian 27-Apr-15
glidingindian 27-Apr-15
glidingindian 27-Apr-15
21-Apr-15
I want data from guys who have killed an elk with a G5 striker. Can you post pics, results, penetration ect... and most important of all would you use them again

21-Apr-15

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
I killed this bull in Utah with a Striker Mag 125. Huge hole I could hear the blood hitting the ground. I will shoot them as long as I bow hunt unless they quit making them.

21-Apr-15

Tgun46's embedded Photo
Tgun46's embedded Photo
shot this bull with a 100 grain striker, 40 yard shot complete pass through. Bull went 50 yards and died. This is the only elk I have shot with them but have killed 5 whitetails with the same result. Won't use any other broadhead, sharp and tough. Used 2 heads to kill the 5 whitetials, just put on some new blades.

21-Apr-15
I used 100grain G5 Strikers the last two years and got two bulls, both with complete pass throughs. One bull went 40 yards and the other 150 yds. First bull shot at 30 yds and the second one at 40 yds. Yes, I plant to keep using them. Previously I had been using 125 grain Thunderheads with excellent results also.

21-Apr-15
I have killed a few big game animals with 100 grain strykers, caribou, elk, deer. The elk I killed was a frontal and 10 feet. Arrow was poking out the back ham. Awesome blood trail and dead elk after about 100 yards. Took a nose dive in the dirt.

Caribou, pass thru broadside at 30 yards. Dead at 80 yards. Another caribou at 20 yards, pass thru, dead at 60 yards.

Deer, pass thru frontal/slight quarter. Blew thru and went another 20 feet. Deer dead at 90 yards.

Blood trails are always good. Love these heads.

22-Apr-15
wow not many post, is this not a very well selling head?

22-Apr-15
I have no experience on elk with it. On whitetail its been particuarly good. That said I have limited kills on it. This years buck was a passthrough and arrow went another 10yds past the buck. Deer fell in 30yds.

It also slayed an ash tree that "dissapeared" in my field of vision. The ash tree did not move after impact.

22-Apr-15

SteveB's embedded Photo
SteveB's embedded Photo
Shot this bull (one of the smaller ones I saw) with Triple 3 outfitters in Wyoming with a G5 Striker 125 gr. Shot was 28 yds and he was quartering to and it went all the way through and was into the hide on the opposite side. It ran 80 yds and died.

22-Apr-15

SteveB's embedded Photo
SteveB's embedded Photo
Same bull entry hole

22-Apr-15

SteveB's embedded Photo
SteveB's embedded Photo
Diaphragm

22-Apr-15
Bottom line is they are a GREAT head and I highly recommend them. I also took a huge bodied 150+ whitetail this past fall with one as well as a number of others over the years. They fly great, hold an edge, tune easy and are tough as well.....steel!

22-Apr-15

Butcher's embedded Photo
Butcher's embedded Photo
Shot this bull at 8 yds, ran maybe 30 yds and fell over. Complete pass thur. 100 gr striker and fmj 340.

22-Apr-15

Bullofthewoods's embedded Photo
Bullofthewoods's embedded Photo
Utah bull shot with 125 striker. Great penetration and blood trail, blood shooting six feet out both sides. Also shot a doe with my longbow, made it 25 yards with same head and dropped a Mountain lion out of the tree with longbow and 125 grain striker.

22-Apr-15

Jason Stafford's embedded Photo
I have had great luck on elk with G5 Strikers

22-Apr-15

22-Apr-15
Okay Jason, I have to ask. Did that last elk take one in the throat? I'm not questioning your shot choice as the results speak for themselves. I've read lots of your articles and you speak from experience so I know that if that was the case, the shot distance, angle, etc. warranted the shot. Well done sir.

22-Apr-15
Jason you hunt elk?

Lol... That first bull I can't forget... Awesome bull and hunt I remember!

22-Apr-15
Last one was shot sharp quartering away angle and the arrow entered in front of hip went thru the entire chest cavity exited neck area.

22-Apr-15
me and my two friends have shot over 24 elk with the g5 striker. I have shot multiple elk with the same head, all I had to do was change blades. they fly great and are tough. would post pics but I don't know how.

23-Apr-15
The pic I was going to add was a Wac"Em not a Striker. Ooppps my bad! Dave

23-Apr-15

tonyo6302's embedded Photo
tonyo6302's embedded Photo
Entrance wound from a 100 gr G5 Striker, 33 yard shot. Complete pass through.

Hoyt Powerhawk, 60 lb, 29 inch draw, Beeman ICS Hunter 400 arrow 31 inches long.

The Elk ran 10 feet and fell over dead.

23-Apr-15
I haven't shot an elk with them but many whitetails, some that dressed 200 lbs. never had one go over 80 yds. Pass thru unless hit offside shoulder. This a very sharp blade. I use 125 gr. head, total arrow weigh is 425 gr.

23-Apr-15

wacem's embedded Photo
wacem's embedded Photo
I forgot to say that they also shoot where my field points do.

25-Apr-15
I've shot two elk with strikers. Bull at 30 yards and a pass thru, went maybe 100 yards and shot a cow this year at 50 yards and complete pass thru, maybe went 30 yard or 40 yards. Great heads and produced big holes.

26-Apr-15
I shot a 5x5 bull at 15 yards last September with 100 grain striker. I have a very short draw length of only 25.5 inches. The bull was quartering towards me at a very steep angle. It hit just behind his front shoulder and was hanging out by the fetching from his hind quarter on the opposite side.(passed through shoulder,ribs and hind quarter). He ran 35 yards and piled up. Set up was. Hoyt carbon spider turbo. 64lb draw. 410 grain Easton FMJ arrows. Shooting at 264 fps. Amazing hole and blood trail for only 35 yards. I love G5 Strikers!!!

27-Apr-15

Ridge Rock's embedded Photo
4x4 bull, 40 yd. broadside, 75 yd. recovery, pass thru, 62 lb. Elite GT500, 125 Striker clipped opposite shoulder blade, broke 1 Striker blade.

27-Apr-15

27-Apr-15
That is impressive to still get a complete pass thru when you basically turn 1/3 of the BH into a turkey thumper, AND with only 62lb

27-Apr-15

Ron Niziolek's embedded Photo
Ron Niziolek's embedded Photo
I've taken several bulls with the Striker and have no plans to switch. Extremely sharp and durable. I've punched through a shoulder and had one blade look like Ridge Rock.

27-Apr-15

MissingStrands's embedded Photo
50 yard shot, hit the off leg. Dead in 60 yards.

27-Apr-15

Pass through front quartering shot. 150 yard run down hill. Fell so hard his head was locked under the logs. Had to quarter him to get his head out.

27-Apr-15

pass through, bull ran about 50 yards.

27-Apr-15

CJ7ski's embedded Photo
CJ7ski's embedded Photo
42 yds--75 yd recovery-100 grain strikers-62# draw mathews drenalin.

27-Apr-15

KMAN1's embedded Photo
KMAN1's embedded Photo
Both of these bulls fell to 125 grain G5 Strikers (I hope I did this right and both photos are posted). The first picture was a 30 yd broadside shot. The arrow passed cleanly through him. The second was a 22 yd quartering to me shot. The fletching end was sticking out about 8 inches on that shot. Interestingly, after he ran and broke off the arrow, the business end worked itself all the way down and was deep into his ham. Weird! I'll never use another head...

27-Apr-15

KMAN1's embedded Photo
KMAN1's embedded Photo
This should have been the first bull...

27-Apr-15

glidingindian's embedded Photo
Have killed several elk with G-5. The company that makes them was originally a surgical blade company (according to their rep) which explains why their blades look and act like a scalpel. They fly well but do not hit where my field points do..this bull was double lung pass thru shooting only at 55# due to,shoulder issues. Use same head on all big game including Africa. Great broad head

27-Apr-15

Full double lung pass tantrum as well

27-Apr-15
Full double lung pass THRU as well

• Sitka Gear