bradbear 21-Apr-15
PeroteHunter 21-Apr-15
Alabowma 21-Apr-15
Ermine 21-Apr-15
Ziek 21-Apr-15
writer 22-Apr-15
pav 22-Apr-15
21-Apr-15
I am looking for next year's turkey destination and would like recommendations. I would like fantastic scenery and an interesting experience for me and my boys. Currently have done Kansas, Arizona, Florida, Alabama and Georgia.

21-Apr-15
Bigdan's back yard ! :)

21-Apr-15
NW Nebraska, Pine Ridge area.

21-Apr-15
South Dakota is definately nice too.

--Jim

21-Apr-15

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Nor cal has some nice scenery in the spring.... And a few turkeys

21-Apr-15
WHat the heck Old Mexico for Goulds with El Halcon!

21-Apr-15
Lots of public land in Va with plenty of birds. You could hunt national forest lands in the mountainous west part or hunt more central in several areas of state ownership.

21-Apr-15
I am going to do Old Mexico for my Goulds, but not take the kids. This query is specifically for dad and kids trip.

21-Apr-15
Any Nor California and Nebraska, SD outfitter suggestions?

21-Apr-15
I hunted turkey at Sully Flats in SD a couple of years ago. Great hunt, great people.

21-Apr-15
The Black Hills of South Dakota is tough to beat. 90% public land, no outfitter necessary if you know how to kill turkeys, and plenty of adventures to go on while not turkey hunting for your boys.

21-Apr-15
justforhunt, camp5 outfitters, sac river outfitters, bassnboars, are a few of the ones i hear most often for nor cal.. i cant vouch for them though. do some research and ask for past clients contact info to get reports is my advice.

21-Apr-15
I think trkyslr runs a pretty sweet outfitting operation...

21-Apr-15
mad angler lmao,,, i try to do my best!!!!!!!

21-Apr-15
Colorado is about as good of scenery as turkey huntn has to offer. Rocking R bowsite sponsor!

21-Apr-15

pointingdogs's embedded Photo
pointingdogs's embedded Photo
I head west every year. You can not beat northwest Nebraska (Pine Ridge area as mentioned)... add in a tag for the Black Hills of South Dakota and a Wyoming tag. Nebraska allows 3 tags per person, SD one tag and Wyoming one tag (as of this year). They are all very close in that three corner region and drives are at most 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Public land in the Pine Ridge area and the Black Hills of South Dakota.

21-Apr-15

Ridge Wraith's Link
I agree with the suggestions above.

Nor Cal turkey hunting this year was a blast. Tons of birds and great spring scenery.

I've also done the NW Nebraska hunt and it's great as a DIY hunt.

Here is a video from my hunt out there a couple years ago...warning gunfire! :)

21-Apr-15
I went to Northwest Nebraska once. Birds were all on private and in feed lots. Most areas were already hunted or leased up.

Maybe later on it gets better if birds spread out. But the trip was no good for me. Couldn't locate one bird on public.

21-Apr-15
I would say as others go west than. Lots of cool places. Have fun going for the goulds it's a great time.

21-Apr-15
If trkyslr really guides then PM me. The videos and threads are awesome. Rocking R looks great too. Keep em coming! Nobody suggesting the northeast.

21-Apr-15

Alabowma's embedded Photo
Alabowma's embedded Photo
I know you mentioned Florida already but I had an awesome trip down there. First time to hunt aggressive turkeys over decoys....it was awesome!!

21-Apr-15
I went to Northwest Nebraska once. Birds were all on private and in feed lots. Most areas were already hunted or leased up.

Maybe later on it gets better if birds spread out. But the trip was no good for me. Couldn't locate one bird on public.

21-Apr-15
Anywhere you can hunt Merriams'. Not only will the scenery be great, but you get to hunt the prettiest birds. ;-)

22-Apr-15
Black Hills is a classic hunt, with some good trout fishing, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse (my fave), Needles, on and one.

If you're wanting action for the family, a good prairie hunt in Nebraska or South Dakota is hard to beat, though there's not much else to do.

South Texas is pretty cool, and you could mix in some hogs and javelina, too.

Or, how about.... :-)

22-Apr-15
My northwest Nebraska hunt mirrors Ermine's hunt. Up there during the early archery only season with snow still on the ground. Birds were flocked up on cattle feed lots. I'm sure a later hunt would have been much better.

Salvaged that hunt on some public ground in SW Nebraska.

• Sitka Gear