'Ike' (Phone) 25-Apr-15
HuntEasy 25-Apr-15
cityhunter 25-Apr-15
Willieboat 25-Apr-15
Drnaln 25-Apr-15
MATHEWSSHOOTER 07-May-15
Zackman 07-May-15
22-Apr-15
Ok guys I am putting a hunt with 5 arrow in july what would you hunt the first week or second week of the season ?

22-Apr-15
Can't answer your question but I can tell you that you are hunting with some great people. Good luck. Ed F

22-Apr-15
I am booked with them this year July 25-29. But I guess I don't know the difference. I can let you know on July 30th ;)

--Jim

22-Apr-15
I hunted with them the second week in 2013 and the first week in 2014. I could not say there was any difference between the two. Same great food, same great camp, same great people. Enjoy a great hunt.

22-Apr-15
Either week will suit you just fine. jim and tinamarie know almost every buck on their ranches by then. You'll have a blast and you're hunting with some of the best there is. lots of bucks and they seem to always have book deer come off their place every year. Have fun and let us know how it goes

22-Apr-15
Either would be good. Bucks should still be in velvet both weeks in that area. I have never hunted with Jim and Tina Marie, but have hunted blacktails a fair amount along the coast up there. I personally like hunting velvet bucks as early in the season as possible, but on their ranches there won't be much pressure so you will have a good hunt anytime. They run a great operation and shoot some great archery blacktails! Good luck

22-Apr-15
Great camp...top shelf people I'd bet either week is fine.

23-Apr-15
Me- I would go first week- hands down

23-Apr-15
If I had a choice I would take the first week. Great people with a great hunt. Ron

23-Apr-15
Are there no options to hunt later in the Fall? I assume not. This is probably useless information, but if I was from out of the area and wanted a blacktail, I would do anything to hunt later in the fall- even if it meant hunting Washington or Oregon. In the fall they get big necks, white throat patches, snowball faces, black caps and dark horns- all the amazing colors that make them blacktaily. For that matter, the further north you go, the prettier they get. Hunting them in July would be like going to Labrador to catch brook trout in June. Sure, they're still brook trout, but in a few more months they will look like BROOKTROUT!! If P & Y is the only goal then none of this matters of course. DS

23-Apr-15
I would agree with fall hunt. You'll get opportunity in July and in velvet for sure but for me I would take a rut hunt in November. only because I would love to rattle one in. You'll still have a blast in July and have a chance a big one

23-Apr-15
Blacktail in July....what state ?,it seems way to early ,the antlers are still growing early that early ...anyway have fun and good luck

MikeC

23-Apr-15
Our coastal blacktail season here in CA opens in July- usually over 100 deg in many areas at that time of year... hunting mostly German Shepard size deer.

The other zones north and inland have a later start date...

23-Apr-15
100 Degrees YIKES !thats T-shirts and tennis shoes weather! No Thanks and you better have a way to cool that meat strait away IMO! ....Well they wont be hard to find just look in the shade under the trees and sage lol....if it starts in July when does it end ?...Washington State starts deer and Elk bow season on September 1st and that seems early ...well good luck to Mr Mathewsshooter and all you Cali folks in that very warm temp this July,,,,, you might wanna have the MONKEY BUTT handy with those temps hahahaha

MikeC

23-Apr-15
Look at the Miller ranch it borders the famous shamrock ranch ! Miller ranch is a sweet place and great prices !!. He hunts in JULY temps when i was there was 103 105 .

23-Apr-15
Having hunted my fair share of columbian blacktails in July on the coast, I would go the first week of the season. No brainer!

23-Apr-15
I went first week. We got two bucks. One hard horned and one in full velvet. July15! HUNT

23-Apr-15
First week...

24-Apr-15
City, Shamrock is for sale for a cool $20M approx. Let me know if you want a tour! Maybe we can bring the bows....

25-Apr-15
Anyone one go half on that?!? Lol

25-Apr-15
I got five on it.

25-Apr-15
5 arrow hunt from treestands are they sitting water ? or some type of food source?

25-Apr-15
X2 Dave Smith

25-Apr-15
Archery season in California's B-4 zone closes August 16th this year. Arrow 5 does a lot of their archery hunts in Zone B-4 but they also have another property that is in the Private Land Management Program that allows hunting late into November. The P.L.M. hunts are a lot more costly than the early season hunts in Zone B-4! It's possible to hunt the rifle season in Zone B-4 with a bow in September but that would be a tougher hunt! 1rst archery hunt would be your best if hunting the B-4 ranch!

07-May-15
WE BOOKED THE FIRST HUNT JULY 23 2017

07-May-15
Good luck. You will have a good time up there

• Sitka Gear