Deno 24-Apr-15
TSI 24-Apr-15
shortstop 24-Apr-15
SteveB 24-Apr-15
leftybearfan 24-Apr-15
bb 24-Apr-15
bb 24-Apr-15
23-Apr-15
I've never sent a letter to Canada. I have all the address info, I just don't know the proper format protocol for writing the address on the envelope. Can someone provide me with an example? And what about postage? From the Lower 48, do I need any more than a regular stamp to send a standard letter sized envelope? Please help a dummy out. The only thing I know about Canada I learned from watching Strange Brew.

23-Apr-15
The address format is the same as it would be in the States.

Name

PO Box or Street Address

City or Town, Province

Postal Code (Zip Code)

Example)

Joe Blow

123 Main Street

Anytown, Alberta

R2D 2C3

I would guess that you'll need a special stamp to send it to Canada. It usually costs me about twice as much to send a letter to the States as it does to Canada. Put 3 stamps on to be safe or just as your post office.

23-Apr-15
Typed at sane time as above.

23-Apr-15

adam's Link
hopefully the link works looks like $1.15 for a standard envelope.

23-Apr-15
go to the post office

23-Apr-15

Brotsky's Link
There's an international stamp you'll need to buy. It's round and costs a little over a buck.

23-Apr-15
Crap. Was trying to avoid a trip to the post office. Guess I'm headed over. Thanks all.

23-Apr-15
Just need a special canada postage stamp and throw it in the box

23-Apr-15
also remember to right canada at the end of the address.

23-Apr-15
Just put on 3 US Forever stamps and you will have no problem. You do not need a special stamp. I've sent them at least 9 times with no problem.

23-Apr-15
This is what my address should look like on your envelope:

Bear Track Outfitters

2611 Knowles Ave.

Winnipeg, Manitoba R2G 2K7

Canada

3 stamps is more than enough, but they won't send it back to you for too much postage.

23-Apr-15
so thats where Joe Blow lives.... I knew that SOB was Canadian hahahahahaha

23-Apr-15
a special stamp??????????????

that's a new one. just put enough non-special stamps on and you'll be fine (3).

23-Apr-15
Bou, if a man wants to go bear hunting sometimes he needs to save that extra 25 cents! Ha!

23-Apr-15
No "special" stamp needed. Like 'bou says, three non special stamps will cover it. Or if you are like me, I use my postage meter at work and put a "special" $1.15 on it.

23-Apr-15
For awhile, I was mailing a bill into Canada monthly. I used 3 stamps after having one envelope returned for insufficient postage (this is after many were accepted with on stamp).

I also have one envelope returned for not specifying Canada in the address. Again, many were accepted without it.

23-Apr-15

23-Apr-15
Man... I'd go to the post office and get a tracking number.

23-Apr-15
Nate, I sent mine just yesterday for the final payment for our bear hunt. It was over 12K total, therefore I paid the $35 express in order to track it, ensuring that it gets there. Maybe a little overkill, but my whole group depends on me to make sure it gets there....

23-Apr-15
$1.15 in regular US postage stamps, as long as it weighs under 2.0 oz.

For USPS postal rates, I always use the on-line calculator below:

http://postcalc.usps.com/

23-Apr-15
If you're going with Bear Track you have a fantastic hunt coming your way!!

23-Apr-15
Skip the post office.

USPS.com. Buy 1st class postage and pay with credit card or paypal. Print out the label and tape it to the envelope. If too big shrink it down. Bar code will still work if it prints clear.

First Class $1.15

23-Apr-15
Put 5 stamps on it. I want a raise!

23-Apr-15
Mailman, I was waiting for that one. Had to be a postal worker out there some where!

23-Apr-15
Sent one to Winnipeg a couple months ago with 3 USA Forever stamps on it and it made it fine.

23-Apr-15
Seriously??? A thread about how many stamps to put on an envelope when mailing it to Canada???

23-Apr-15
Damn Nate, you are getting blasted for asking a question. Next time just text me. On the other hand, there are a bunch of people who would miss out on making fun of you...

23-Apr-15
Sorry jerks, I've never had reason to send mail to Canada before. Some of you guys act like that's a regular occurrence. I've hunted all over the U.S. and some overseas and have never had to do this before. I thought that's what this place was for, asking questions of those with experience you don't have. Tough crowd. Thanks to those who responded nicely. It's in the mail.

24-Apr-15
Put a stamp on it and tape a loony to the outside of it if more postage is needed.

24-Apr-15
I had a letter returned for not using all CAPITAL letters. Deno

24-Apr-15

24-Apr-15
Man, you can tell it's not hunting season anywhere!

24-Apr-15
Tough crowd!

24-Apr-15
I'd just drive it to the address in question. Better safe than sorry :-)

In seriousness, as others have said just put three US stamps on it and it will be fine as long as it weighs under a couple pounds. I've sent countless pieces of mail to Canada like this with no problems.

24-Apr-15
I send correspondence to Canada all the Time, Nothing really different about it except the postal codes look a little goofy and I spell out Canada.

I buy books of stamps so I don't recall the exact postage but It's around $1.10 for a stamp. You can buy a Stamp for Canada.

Here is an example of a company I do business with on a regular basis

OES Inc. Accounts Receivable 4056 Blakie Rd. London, Ontario Canada n6l 1p7

24-Apr-15
The address format changed when I posted, That is the information that I put on an envelope. nothing terribly different about it. Freight is another story, customs forms etc.

• Sitka Gear