ohiohunter 26-Apr-15
oldgoat 26-Apr-15
Cornpone 26-Apr-15
HDE 26-Apr-15
TD 27-Apr-15
TD 27-Apr-15
trophyhilll 27-Apr-15
25-Apr-15
my previous broadheads' shot placement were bang on the placement of my field points....I just bought new braodheads and they shoot 4 inches right and 3 inches low....tweak it or compensate when hunting??

25-Apr-15
JTV +1

I'm not a fan of bandaids. You owe it to yourself, and more importantly, the animals you hunt.

25-Apr-15
Yep your bow isn't tuned. Tune it in to get them hitting together.

25-Apr-15
Assuming the heads spin like a top with no wobble whatsoever? Heads are of the same weight?

What were the old heads and what are the new ones? Some heads are very forgiving to marginal issues, others not so much. But should be able to tune that in fairly easily to where they both hit together.

Do a search on "broadhead tuning". Kind of a misnomer as you don't "tune" broadheads, you normally adjust the rest to get the broadheads to group with the FPs.

25-Apr-15
Tune your bow to get broadheads and field points. A tuned bow is importantly and priceless.

26-Apr-15
Me personally I would choose a different BH. If I know my bow is in spec and my bh's don't follow fp's I move on. I also always make sure all of my Bh's are on the same either w/ the vanes or exact opposite.

Have you stretched out your distance w/ them?

26-Apr-15
Have to agree for the most part with the other guys but have a question. Do you still have any of your old broadheads? If so, do they still group with your field points? If your bow is out of tune, the old broadheads shouldn't group either

26-Apr-15
As said, if the BH and FP are the same weight, and spin true, you should be able to tune for the same POI. I'm going through the same thing right now. I just changed rests, put on a new center serving and D loop plus creep tuned my bow. I tune for the same POI out to fifty yards. I use 125 gr. Thunderheads and Muzzy Phantoms, depending whether it's elk, moose or deer. I can get both to shoot the same as my FPs.

26-Apr-15
I'd be more concerned at what the arrow looks like in flight. Does it fly like a sidewinder missile, or does it have a straight flight path. If the later, I would just sight in for the broadhead when it's time and compensate when shooting field points during that timeframe.

If I shoot a different broadhead that doesn't fly like the other(s), I move on and don't shoot that broadhead.

27-Apr-15
Poor launch and fight is just that. Different broadheads do not change that. They change nothing.

If they spin perfect and are of the same weight (negating some marginal spine issues) they should group with the FP. If they don't the bow isn't launching the arrow straight. That simple.

FPs lie WRT arrow flight. Broadheads are brutally honest. It is the broadheads that are hitting where the bow is throwing them. FPs self correct for poor flight,

Easy enough to fix with a little effort, well worth the effort. Correct the flight. Not even much real labor in the grand scheme of things.

Or you could just screw on a mech head and tell yourself the arrow is flying just fine....

27-Apr-15

27-Apr-15
if your bow is tuned and your arrows are tuned, and your broadheads spin true on your arrows, a fixed head will tell you if the shooter needs tuned. ;)

• Sitka Gear