IdyllwildArcher 28-Apr-15
writer 28-Apr-15
TradbowBob 28-Apr-15
GotBowAz 28-Apr-15
poison arrow 28-Apr-15
26-Apr-15

poison arrow's embedded Photo
poison arrow's embedded Photo
I now have a coues deer decoy developed. It is not on my website yet but if you contact me on my contacts page I can get one to you.

26-Apr-15
thats a beast of a coues

26-Apr-15
Could you use it on whitetail

26-Apr-15
I don't know why not.

26-Apr-15
It is a beast. I got the picture from Mogollon Taxidermy in Payson Az.

26-Apr-15
Don't you think that maybe a "beast" Coues decoy could possibly scare off any other Coues deer that isn't a "super beast"? I think most of us would be more intrested in an average or subordinate type deer to be used as a decoy. Maybe I'm wrong though...

Good luck, --Jim

26-Apr-15
A friend (Marv) tried using a Coes shoulder mount as a decoy and the bucks simply ignored it.

26-Apr-15
Yes, Poison Arrow is a sponsor!

See your PM!

27-Apr-15
I don't know how well coues would react to a decoy. They are pretty skiddish and don't want to fight from what I have seen.

28-Apr-15
Do you have a doe?

28-Apr-15
Dunno about Coues in Arizona or New Mexico, but that thing would decoy in a lot of whitetail hunters in states east of the Mississippi. :-)

Good looking fake. Let us know how it works this fall and winter, please.

28-Apr-15
Why not just use a white tail?

TBB

28-Apr-15
What a stud deer and Clay does awesome work. Is this a picture of one of his mounts?

I tend to agree with others view here. I would think a lesser buck would steer clear of this bad boy and be more of a deterrent than an attractant.

I killed my buck with a grunt call on the second day I saw him. The first day I grunted to sound like a mature buck. I got his attention quick and he started in. He stopped so I grunted again and he turned tail and got out of there. The next day, same buck chasing a few does, I toned the grunt down a bit to sound a little younger and he came in on a string. Could be coincidence I guess but at the time I was thinking he didn't want to come in to the deeper grunt in fear of getting his A$$ kicked.

28-Apr-15
I can make anything you want. If you want a doe I can have it out in about a week. Send me a high definition picture of what you want and a decoy will appear.

Yes this is one of his mounts. Mounts are actually better for my decoy pictures, the lighting is perfect. That is hard to get in the wild.

• Sitka Gear