deerman406 04-May-15
hawkeye 07-May-15
CCOVEY 07-May-15
hawkeye 10-May-15
hawkeye 24-May-15
Rob in VT 24-May-15
bucktail 25-May-15
03-May-15
I live in orange county and want to know what best to plant and what will come back year after year

03-May-15
clover. clovers. pear tree.

04-May-15
Red and white clover will come back good but you have to let it get high and than set up your brush hog so you just chop the tops and it re-seeds itself. One of the most simple and easiest plots to plant is beets or turnips. They will not come back year after year but very easy to plant and grow. In Vermont I would spray an area say 50ft. by 100ft. with Round-Up in early July. Wait a week and till it under than spray again and wait another week or so and hope for a bit of rain. Till it, take a 5 gallon pail fill with triple 15 and a few packs of sugar beet seeds and spread it by hand broad casting. Rake it lightly with a leaf rake and done. I do 3 of these a year and total work time is about 1.5 hrs, per plot. Shawn

07-May-15
I will hunt but want to set up several feed plots for them throughout the year mainly fall and winter its 80 acres so want to have several spots for them and hopefully partridge also

07-May-15
Where in Orange County do you live? I grew up in Corinth. My old man plants one every year, has good luck with it as well. I can look into specifics today for ya.

10-May-15
im in vershire not very far from Corinth I am trying to find plots that will reseed themselves also

24-May-15
let me know what you find so far I have rye

24-May-15
I'm in Washington county. Clover is the best perennial to plant. You will need to mow it once or twice a year and most likely lime it.

Don't discount planting annuals as they are the best draw during hunting season. Brassicas and oats are my favorite.

25-May-15
Clover red and white with chicory mixed in.is what I use at my place Chelsea . Comes back every year.

• Sitka Gear