tobinsghost 08-May-15
Nomad 08-May-15
Mt. man 08-May-15
CT-Archer 19-May-15
drycreek 19-May-15
sitO 19-May-15
Chief 20-May-15
07-May-15
Went out turkey hunting and mid day I heard a woosh. Couldn't figure out what it was. About an hour later, I noticed that my decoy had deflated. The seal where the body meets the stake tube failed and now it doesn't hold air. I've noticed that my other Avian X decoy is the same now too.

Anybody else have this happen?

Their website says that they're only warranteed for 30 days, these are a couple years old. What's their customer service like? If you have experience with the company do you think I'll get any satisfaction for replacement?

07-May-15
Buy a dsd problem solved

07-May-15
I haven't had a problem yet with mine, seems I read a similar post somewhere and my vague memory is the guy had favorable results from Avian X on rectifying the problem.

07-May-15
I had a problem with one that would slowly loose air. I called up and they told me , since I had two dekes, to switch air valves from one to other. It didn't fix it. When I called back Fred Zink answered the phone and I had a new decoy on my doorstep in two days.

07-May-15
Call em up, they will take care of ya

07-May-15
Yup.....same thing happened to me this year. Didn't hear it but my decoy just tilted sideways all of a sudden & wouldn't inflate any longer.

07-May-15
Just called & they are shipping a new one out with a prepaid return label for the defective deke. Very friendly & no hassles....great service!

07-May-15
Be sure to never push the stake into the ground with the deke on the stake...

07-May-15
Had the same problem. You could take joehunters advice and toss them and spend more money on a dsd... cost = $120 to $250. OR you could send it in an they will fix it... cost = free 99

08-May-15
My only problem is they cut down on my hunting time cuz they work so well. Took my son out this year and he shot three birds in one day. I shot two in one day. They worked just as well last year in Nebraska.

Great tip above in regards to putting in the stake first without the body attached.

08-May-15
I always put stake in first.

08-May-15

Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
They work on MORE than just Turkeys too!

19-May-15
I also had the same exact problem with the avian x decoys. I returned them to dicks and cabelas. I exchanged them for new ones. Let's see what happens. They are very effective in bringing in the turkeys. I just hope they hold up especially for the price.

19-May-15
I had the slow leak problem this year as well. Sent them an email about a week ago. Crickets so far........

19-May-15
I have or have had DSD, Dakota, Avian, Cherokee, Flambeau, HS Strut, and a couple of others...the design flaw I experienced was in the 2011 & 2012 models for Avian. Sent an email and pics of the issue and had a free replacement within two week's, they also let me keep the defective hen which was repairable with some effort.

Good company with fair practices...ask for Dawn or Fred.

There's no infallible product, though some might lead you to believe so.

20-May-15
Well I called them. After I told her the problem, the lady on the other end of the phone said, "unfortunately there is nothing we can do to fix them.......... I was just starting to get steamed when she continued,"so what we'll do is send you a new one." Great service. I wasn't expecting this but am glad they're standing behind thier product. Only problem I have, and it's minor, is that the new decoys are smaller and really look green and gold. Hope they work as good as the old ones and last longer if they do.

• Sitka Gear