Quinn @work 12-May-15
Brun 19-May-15
Jaquomo 20-May-15
JACK 21-May-15
AndyJ 22-May-15
CD 23-May-15
09-May-15

Bowboy's Link
It's been a snow nasty day so I've been watching elk hunting videos and found this one on Youtube. Great video IMO. Should get all you elk bow hunters all worked up!

I suspect it area 2,10, or 201 in CO since it took the guy 23 pears to draw!

09-May-15
Yea, worked up for sure.

10-May-15
nice find, thanks for posting up !!!

10-May-15
It's in 2.

10-May-15
Now that gets ur heart pumpin

10-May-15
Where do I drop my pears off to get to hunt Unit 2?

10-May-15
Cool video and a very nice bull for that unit these days. Bet he's glad he didn't shoot the one at 5 yards.

Bummer he messed it up with a "Worst of KTCL" soundtrack. I would have rather heard more of dad's thoughts and bugling bulls and less boy-band pop.

Thanks for posting this, Craig!

10-May-15
Agreed on the music. One thing I notice in so many of the videos and looking for an answer.....why do so many guys trek through the woods with an arrow nocked? I can see having one on the string when an elk is coming in, you are sitting on a stand, or you are making that final couple of yards stalk.

10-May-15
I doubt he was trekking through the woods with an arrow knocked. These were short video clips. The instances you saw an arrow knocked there was probably a bull bugling just out of sight and coming to the calls. You would never know it as these sounds were drowned out by the "boy-band" music.

Great video. What would the bull he shot score? 370"??

10-May-15
Sweet!

10-May-15
Hey, I like KTCL. Nice hunt.

11-May-15
I didn'tthink he was near 370 at all.

11-May-15
Lol...after lookin at him again u may be pretty close. & ive watched this 200 times. I just passed him off as a good bull with awesome tops but he's a dandy for sure! What'll the 3 at about the 4:45 be?! Those have been the ones I want a better look at!

12-May-15
"Cool video and a very nice bull for that unit these days."

Last year I seem to remember 3 or 4 bulls coming from 1, 2, and 201 all nearing the magic number.

12-May-15
Incredible tops, not sure his bottoms would get him to 370.

I'd have to say with all that timber that is unit 201 not 2.

12-May-15
I agree. Way to much "boy-band" music. Not only on this DIY video, but on most. I don't understand what the purpose of that is. I would rather hear more comments from the hunter, videographer, or elk bugle music.

12-May-15
With all the elk experts on bowsite only 2 have a guess as to what this bull may score? Let's hear em. Not that score matters, it's a beauty. I'm not good at estimating scores just trying to get an idea of what this bull would score for a reference on my hunt this fall.

19-May-15
Great bull and video, incredible top end, bottoms won't get him to 370. I think about 350.

20-May-15
Very similar bull to my hunting partner's from that unit two years years ago. That rack config is one of the genotypes for the area. I'll post a photo when I get to my laptop tomorrow. His grossed 366, netted 356. This one in the video is right at those numbers.

Very good bull for that unit now, after the herd reduction.

21-May-15
Nice. You guys was in um.

22-May-15
IMO that is a dream bull. I love those big hooks on the guards and those really open whale's tails.

23-May-15
Awesome!

• Sitka Gear