Hawkeye 03-Sep-16
IdyllwildArcher 03-Sep-16
EmbryOklahoma 04-Sep-16
Mark Watkins 04-Sep-16
Medicinemann 05-Sep-16
BULELK1 05-Sep-16
14-May-15
Ned,

Got my new issue of SlamQuest, or whatever they call this huge magazine. Congratulations again on your Archery Grand Slam. I did not realize it took you 50 days to get your Stone's. I think my sheep fever might have gone away after two trips. Beautiful rams! Congrats!

Lenny

Bowsiter Scott Meszaros is also in there with his Super Ten. Congrats Scott!

14-May-15
Ned is the man!

14-May-15
Ned, CONGRATS!!! Incredible! Impressive!

Harvard Business School did a case study on "THE most important attribute for a business owner to have that leads to success."

It was not access to capital, intelligence, genetics, education.....but rather persistence!

Four trips for your Stone's took some big stones!

Great to see Ned!

Mark

14-May-15
Congrats Ned !

14-May-15
Great job Ned!

14-May-15
Congrats Ned! Way to persevere!

14-May-15
An outstanding accomplishment, congratulations!

I feel a twinge of pain in my knee just from reading the "50 days for a Stone" statement.

14-May-15
Thanks Mr. Wood and friends. Yeah my stones was rewarding to say the least. 50+ days, lots of riding and climbing. My good friend Stacee was able to get her ram very near her tent in the middle of her first hunt. Dr. Speegle was able to arrow his stones in his 80's I believe. I kept thinking about them both quite a bit during my last couple of hunts for stones. I can do this was a constant reminder to myself. Keep plugging away and an opportunity will present itself.

My first sheep hunt for Dalls lasted 90 minutes. LOL

14-May-15
Congrats! Just amazing stuff!

14-May-15
Congrats Ned! Tell us about a 90 minute Dall hunt? Mike

14-May-15
Pic of each?

Mark

14-May-15
Grats Ned!

14-May-15
Congrats Ned! Very impressive stuff!

14-May-15

loesshillsarcher's embedded Photo
Ok will work on it. Nahanni Butte Outfitters. My first sheep hunt. Accessed the Liards via helicopter in the afternoon. Can't hunt for like 12 hours after you fly. Hit the sack. Woke up and fixed some of those blueberry Mountain house thingies. While eating them and looking over the tent, we noticed a band of 15 rams traversing a distant ridge top. We planned a route to intercept and was lucky enough to make a good shot. Stalk took 90 minutes.

14-May-15
What bomber! (as someone would say:)) 40"+?

Mark

14-May-15

Desert Bighorn with El Fuerte Outfitters. Baja, Mexico. Took Jakes advice to book a hunt and had a great trip. Jake even came along with me. Missed a cranker that was in the 170's. Was like a 15 yd shot and I blew it. My guide was hanging on to my belt at the waist while I leaned over a ledge. I wish I had that shot back. Oh well, Jake spotted this ram on the 5 or 6th day I believe and was successful.

14-May-15
Dall was 40 1/2 if I remember on the longer side.

14-May-15

Stones was taken with BC Safaris. I went twice in one season. First was 18 days, second was 14 days. Will never forget packing out with this one. Was pitch black in the valleys and I would look up on the mountainsides that were slightly illuminated and oh the stars. The stars were shining and so bright. Was ever so glad to find the horses. The ride back was sooo peaceful.

14-May-15

Rocky Bighorn taken in Canmore Alberta with Simpson Stonesheep. Was a little cold at times. 15 days in was able to make it happen.

The three last sheep have some individual short stories on bowsite threads.

Enjoyed every experience so much!!!

14-May-15
" My guide was hanging on to my belt at the waist while I leaned over a ledge. I wish I had that shot back."

Can't imagine why you'd have difficulty with form and focus under those conditions. Oh, yeah. 9.8m/s2

14-May-15
Ned,

Congrats on some great adventures and super trophies. That Slam is quite an bowhunting accomplishment.

14-May-15
As Ive told you before...that is the best looking stone sheep I've ever seen and well deserved.

Congrats bud.

14-May-15
Yeah, that stone's coat is incredible.

14-May-15
Well done! Very impressive

14-May-15
Impressive indeed...

14-May-15
Congrats. A lifetime of stories there. Hunt

14-May-15
Fantastic Ned...

14-May-15
Congrats!

14-May-15
Congrats! Incredible accomplishment.

14-May-15
Awesome.

14-May-15
Congratulations Ned!

15-May-15
Right on Ned! Thanks for the recap!

15-May-15
Very, very cool!

Some beautiful critters there Ned!

Mark

15-May-15
Ned has a way of making everything a memorable experience!!!

15-May-15
Well done Ned. I believe that is 32.2 for we Americans orionsbro.

15-May-15
Simply amazing! You are living the dream of many. Impressed to say the least...

15-May-15
Congrats Ned!

15-May-15
So, you just did European mounts, right? :-)

Pics of the mounts would be neat, too.

Congrats on the sticktoitness! It's inspirational.

(Wonder how much Harvard spent on that study. For many years I guided, on pheasants, Goldman-Sachs and some of their top clients who were CEOS...some were Ivy League, some never graduated from college, most were poor as children -- all had boat loads of common sense and a helluva a work ethic!)

15-May-15
Amazing rams and accomplishment, something only a select handful will ever experience a quarter of!

I know that all 4 hunts are hunts to remember but which one was the most memorable for you? Do you plan on hunting sheep again?

15-May-15

I rarely get on bowsite fri-sunday but happen to be doing some paperwork. I have a couple pics in the computer of the 3 mounts and the rocky is in progress but I have to get some money put towards that for it to progress further. Thanks again. Will answer njbuck question after the pics of mounts

15-May-15

Stones with my desert in the background

15-May-15
Last pic was taken at the taxidermist. So that is not my hyena and leopard.

I have been on 9 sheep hunts now I believe. 7 of which were mine and I was lucky enough to go on 2 other desert hunts with friends(and they both got their desert with a bow!! while I was there). One being Madtrapper's hunt and my other buddy LB whom I went to Canmore with. All those hunts are memorable but I would have to say the hunt in which I harvested the Stones was the most gratifying?? I just remember the sense of accomplishment. Looking at that beautiful ram amongst the rocks of the mountain after killing him was an amazing experience. Lots of emotions go through a person and its hard to explain but most hunters know what I am referring to I imagine.

Will I ever hunt sheep again? I certainly hope that I get the privilege to do so. I will continue to apply in the states and would love to get a California and a Fannin. That would be the ultimate for me. Having said that, I am content if it doesn't happen. I would love to go and participate on a friend's hunt. I found out that there seems to be an almost greater sense of gratification to see a friend be successful.

I had a crazy dream pop into my head at the age of 19 that has directed me to try to accomplish the archery North American 29(it was 27 back then). In order to maintain that course, I will have to wait until its possible conclusion before I get to hunt sheep again.(unless I draw). Been chasing my own dream for 26 years now, and at times wonder if it will ever come to fruition. Keep pluggin away one day at a time. Its all I and we can do.

15-May-15
Great looking rams, Ned.

15-May-15
That is pretty cool. Congrats.

Wild ride, from 90 minutes on one end to 32 days on the other. Wow. Pure perseverance. The satisfaction of that must have pegged the meter.

Congrats again.

15-May-15
Thanks for the mount pics...gorgeous.

16-May-15
Thx for sharing these pics. Fantastic trophies and incredible accomplishments! (Yes I would be more than content)

25-Aug-16

For inspiration, I posted the finished Rocky thanks to Mr. Razza. lol Come on Mark, get back and get the Stones. I had a better hunt later in the year. Saw more sheep. Mark, Tom, and Blake heading to Canmore later this year also. Can't wait to hear how the hunts unfold. I was looking for my Stones thread to help get Mark pumped up again but can't find it. Get em guys!

25-Aug-16
Very cool, congratulations.

25-Aug-16
Well deserved recognition for one heck of a guy! Congrats Ned!

25-Aug-16
Sweet mount Ned! Congrats again!

25-Aug-16
Congrats Ned. You not only showed persistence, but you prevailed !

25-Aug-16
Spectacular!

25-Aug-16
Looks great!

25-Aug-16
FANTASTIC!! lol

25-Aug-16
What an accomplishment Congrats!

25-Aug-16
Congrats Ned,Proud for Ya!!!

25-Aug-16
Nedley is my hero. When I grow up, I want to be just like him.... maybe without the cornfield fetish though.

03-Sep-16
Not sure how I missed this one Ned...(well I do know as I was in the Yukon on a hopeless 17 day Stone adventure myself last August), but congrats again on a great accomplishment. Now, get after completing that Super!

03-Sep-16
Ned, great slam and beautiful Dall and Stone's! Congrats, as I missed this before too....part of my long quest for a Stone's same as Kota-man. Sheep sure are addicting....with only only another hunt to cure the fever. Kurt

03-Sep-16
Way to go Ned! Good luck with the rest of the 29!

03-Sep-16
Congrats Ned!!

03-Sep-16
Very nice Ned.

Pat, that's hilarious.

04-Sep-16
Very impressive! If there's one animal I'd fork out some big coin for (which I don't have), it would be for a sheep hunt. That stones story and your description of the pack out. Again, impressive.

04-Sep-16
Those are some incredible critters AND great stories! Congrats Ned!!!

About time I look up your Stones Thread again as an adrenaline boost.....for like the fourth time!

Mark

05-Sep-16
Those Desert Bighorn sheep hunts sure are memorable.....

Pat, great photo-shopping, but where's the kitten in the cornfield?

05-Sep-16
Hell of an accomplishment!

Congrats

Great looking mounts too

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear