spike buck 28-Jun-15
TSI 28-Jun-15
buckfevered 28-Jun-15
turkeyhunter 29-Jun-15
TSI 29-Jun-15
SteveB 30-Jun-15
Ibow 30-Jun-15
15-May-15
How is the baiting going and what is the latest from New Brunswick. I don't see the other thread that had been started awhile back

17-May-15
Yea I was following the TSI Baiting Thread with earnest, as I intend to hunt NB the week of June 8....Anybody else heard how TSI is doing.....Surely a Bear didn't "snipe" him! Hope all is well with him and his operation.

18-May-15
Just busier than a one arm paper hanger.we will have some updates soon things are looking good everyone is excited.

18-May-15
waiting on some hero shots

18-May-15
Has the Snow Finally Vacated N.B.

19-May-15
Just busier than a one arm paper hanger.we will have some updates soon things are looking good everyone is excited.

19-May-15
Based on other NB guys that are hunting load of bears and really started to move over the weekend in the North. This warm weather will melt the rest of the snow and make it possible by this weekend to get back into the off road....good luck to all bear hunters this spring.

20-May-15
how have the first couple of days gone?

20-May-15
Been slow this week makeing some moves couple young males taken so far rain and wind yesturday.

20-May-15
Tons of bears being taken on the other threads. Can you post a few…? I'm trying to get a good look at outfitters.

20-May-15
We just started.they have been hunting for two weeks now us two days.ill post some soon i didnt get pics on tthe first two.be lots yet.

20-May-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Heres a p&y to till tomorrow

22-May-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

23-May-15
Nice bears.......Good Luck, it should be a great season.

25-May-15
gOOD LUCK THIS WEEK GUYS

26-May-15
The rut is on in New Brunswick.

26-May-15
Nice bears

26-May-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

26-May-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

26-May-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

26-May-15
Looks like you are having some action there as the weather warms. how are the baits looking at this point dave?

27-May-15
Great to hear the rut has started. We will be up in NB next weekend.

29-May-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

01-Jun-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

02-Jun-15

04-Jun-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

04-Jun-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

04-Jun-15

06-Jun-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

06-Jun-15
Nice bears. Time for a new camera.

07-Jun-15

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Bou'bound's embedded Photo
I was up last week and took this one with five minutes left on the last night. Seventh bear seen that night.

What Dave did not say was the hunters really let him down last week or the camp could easily have gone 11 for 11. Guys were seeing bear all week, different amount and size in different places, but action daily and the weather was not good for three days in fact only myself and two others of 11 hunted on Tuesday night.

How did we as hunters in camp let him down.........

2 Bow kills (mine and one other)

2 lost bear with bows including an incredible monster that was a known bear. (Millie if you are reading this this was the brute you were hunting last year.........sorry he won't bet there next year unfortunately)

2 gun misses at 14 and 18 yards. I don't hunt with a gun so I did not know this was possible.

1 gun bear wounded and lost at 15 yards (rain really hurt our efforts to recover, but still a lost bear with a slug gun)

3 gun kills

1 gun hunter passed a very makeable 20 yard shot on the first night a big boar just behind the bait site.......... he was waiting for a "perfect" shot at the bait. he kicked himself all week.

The statistics in no way are indicative of the effort and quality of the operation Dave runs. It was great to hunt with him and I will be there next June.

07-Jun-15
Tell Dave to keep a big one for the week of 21 - 27 :)

07-Jun-15
Rick, he needs two big ones then. I'll be there next week and plan on taking a. It one then. Best of luck to you when you hunting.

07-Jun-15
Rick/Mike: make that 3!

Bou, great report on the week. The bear you speak of that Millie knows, that's too bad, we all know what it takes to get them that size. Next week I'll be back with Dave also. Adventures await .

07-Jun-15
Well it was a week of alot of huge boars.guys were seeing 10-13 different bears per nighti some stands with well over 100 sighted in basicly 4 days of hunting.always sad for all when game is lost but thats why its hunting not killing.best part was at least 8-10 huge boars were seen huge being relitive i call huge 350-500lb.big week ahead this week with several bowsiters and lots of big or go home shooters going to be interesting.

07-Jun-15
Bou'bound',

Millie's here with me in Edmonton, heading back from a week in Saskatchewan with KL. I read your post for her, she just shook her head - maybe Dave will find another like him. That bear was a true giant. Not to steal the thread, but she filled her "color quest" with an old, mature 17 inch class Cinnamon Sow. Next quest is her second Booner- this one with Dave.

07-Jun-15
Goin after something bigger than my last one. It may take some doing but I know Dave has them.

10-Jun-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Monster just hit the ground.recurve kill

10-Jun-15
beauty wow! any photos with the hunter in it.

10-Jun-15
Great Bear!!!

11-Jun-15
nice bear

nice white V

11-Jun-15
CONGRATS BOU !!

11-Jun-15
WOW! Beautiful bear. Love the blaze.

11-Jun-15
Great and beautiful bear Dave! Edwin lands in the am, we will see you Sunday, that photo has us...... Ready!!

12-Jun-15
Good luck up there next week Rich. Have a great one and provide an update or two if you can.

12-Jun-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
405lb

14-Jun-15
Heading up today

14-Jun-15
Headed to Dave's today. Looking forward to another great hunt

14-Jun-15
We are headed up today as well. At the border crossing right now. Bears are waiting...

--Jim

14-Jun-15
Leave a big one for next week!!!!!

14-Jun-15
Okay now that we know who all's going to be there to make sure we get some updates along the way

14-Jun-15
Great bear Dave, the rut is on hard now, hunters should see lots of action this week.

15-Jun-15

TREESTANDWOLF's MOBILE embedded Photo

Arrival photo

I'm going to update here as opposed to starting a semi live hunt. What a great camp we have this week, Bowsiters , repeats and a sharp shooting female bow hunter ( Edwind's daughter Kate on her first bear hunt)

15-Jun-15

16-Jun-15

All headed out yesterday, wind was up a bit. Everyone had seen bears and one shot was taken on a decent boar. The shot looked very good and good sign was seen.

Dave is returning with the hunter for recovery. Weather looks sub par today.

16-Jun-15
good luck on the recovery. nothing is a certainty in that country it is rugged and un-Godly thick up there. You could walk by a dead bear at 10 paces and never see it in some of those hell-holes.

17-Jun-15

Both recovered, very nice boars. Hoping to post a few pics if I catch up with them. One othe hit, most have had encounters excluding myself and two others... But that is only a matter of time, my hint area is outstanding and the set up is perfect. Welcome day 3.

17-Jun-15
it will happen for you and the others. i took mine on the last 5 minutes of the last night. don't cut it that close!

17-Jun-15
Great hunt again with dave. Several good bears seen each night. I passed a good bear last night.,may re judge the bear tonight

17-Jun-15
Let it fly Edwin he looked big as the barrel

18-Jun-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

18-Jun-15

JTreeman's embedded Photo
JTreeman's embedded Photo
Sorry for the poor pic, but here is mine from Tuesday night. Green 19 5/16". Should be easy P&Y. Second night, passed him 1st night as it was a bit too dark. Lucky to get a second chance.

--Jim

18-Jun-15
Edwin is seeing as i type so soon as mr right arrives hes sending arage down range.very windy but there still moveing he had first one in at 4:52 10 min after i left him.

18-Jun-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

18-Jun-15
Way to go jim. A brute.

18-Jun-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

18-Jun-15
Dave your hunters are really taking sime great bears.

Y'all are causing me to start counting days until Millie and I head back to Dave's. See you in '16.

18-Jun-15
My hunt is over. Great night tonite, huge sow with yearlings and a 200lb boar.

Great camp again this year, great guys.

19-Jun-15
Another great hunt with team extreme lots of action lots of bears and a camp full of great people.Some great bow kills so far this week and looking to add to them with the remaining hunters in camp today.

19-Jun-15
Sadly the TSI hunt is over but had a great time.,as usual, dave had us on bears. I had a great opportunity to shoot a bear but just being selective.,my daughter got her first bear and is hooked forever. Thanks dave

19-Jun-15
great job guys you all really nailed em' as usual

19-Jun-15
Itching to get up there Sunday to see what you guys have left over for us.

20-Jun-15
Thanks for keeping us posted Rich. Glad you had a great hunt!

20-Jun-15
Good luck to this weeks hunters. Several huge bears left behind a long with a bear eater. Someone needs to get him before he hurts the population . Looking forward to next yr already

20-Jun-15

buckfevered's embedded Photo
Had another great hunt with all the TSI gang. Took another great bear on the first night. Dad killed his first bear last night and we recovered it this morning. Real solid mature boar in the 200 + pound range. Not bad for an avid 82 yr old whitetail hunter.

21-Jun-15
Congradulations ! I'm sure that was as special as it was for Kate and myself.

21-Jun-15
Not sure which reaction was better, the one when he heard the words "dead bear over here" or when he got to it and saw that it was much bigger than he had thought. Definitely a special Father's Day week for you and Kate and dad and myself.

21-Jun-15
Well another week in the books had a great week again with great people,bit of a streak going with every 3rd bear makeing book this year some solid 400lb plus bears.Hope the streak continues this week despite the 3 inches of rain on the way and im sure all the TSI patrons will be checking in this week to see if T-Rex gets taken.Thanks to all the great guests we have it sure makes the 18-20hr days well worth it and keeps the fun of hunting front center.Now off to get wet.Or stuck.

21-Jun-15
Or both Dave!

--Jim

22-Jun-15

Here is a better picture of dad's TSI bear.

22-Jun-15

And a better picture of my TSI bear.

22-Jun-15
Young bow hunters first bear just rolled

22-Jun-15
good for him that is a special deal for anyone let alone a young perosn with a bow

25-Jun-15
Hopefully as the last couple days of the season wind down there are a few more hitting the ground and closing out a great week and season for TSI.

25-Jun-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

25-Jun-15

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Erics 375lb

25-Jun-15
thats a heck of a "pair of bear"

25-Jun-15
Dave,those are some amazing bears. We can't wait til next year. Congratulations to Team TSI and your hunters.

26-Jun-15
Couple more hit the ground so far today pics to come

26-Jun-15
See if anyone gets one on the last night of the season tonight. that would be cutting it close.

26-Jun-15
Couple more hit the ground so far today pics to come

28-Jun-15
Finished up strong the last week poor weather early didnt help but ended well with all in camp getting shot ops.we had 4 shot the final evening.

28-Jun-15
Finished up strong the last week poor weather early didnt help but ended well with all in camp getting shot ops.we had 4 shot the final evening.

28-Jun-15
can anyone explain why killing a beasr over bait is wxciting?

28-Jun-15
yes, but this is not the place and it probably does not make sense to even bother explaining it to you. why don't you start a thread on this if you want. stay well.

28-Jun-15
Not to hijack a thread, but....Hunting baits is the ethical way to bear hunt.

When spot and stalking you have no idea of the bear your about to shoot. Is it a lactating female?? Especially at a distance in rolling (uneven) terrain.

In the fall cubs are not always right beside the sow.

Baits give hunters a "still" bear to launch an arrow at.

Congratulations on a successful hunt Dave.

28-Jun-15
The most fun is knowing i dont have ole coyote to ruin a fun week of hunting and never will.getting to old to deal with negative people.

28-Jun-15
Congrats on another great season Dave. Thank you for all your and your guides hard work in giving us the opportunity to hunt bears.

29-Jun-15
Congrats Dave on a great season.

29-Jun-15
Thankyou to everyone.its the people that make the hunt a success even before it starts.thanks turkeyhunter hope the fall goes well for you and spikebuck thanks as well and good luck this fall look forward to pics from all.

30-Jun-15
Congratulations Dave, great season!!

30-Jun-15
Congrats on another good year. Can't believe all that snow is actually gone!

• Sitka Gear