David Alford 22-May-15
skipmaster1 22-May-15
Genesis 22-May-15
Ironbow 22-May-15
skipmaster1 22-May-15
pdk25 22-May-15
deerman406 22-May-15
21-May-15
Who uses one. I have one and have been using it for a few years. Mine is a commercial unit and can treat up to 2200 square feet. I believe it really helps. I however do not believe the ones you put in trees can help very much. In a blind yes but out in the open and the wind no. Read the science and you will see what I mean. Just curious as to who else uses one. Thanks! Shawn

21-May-15
I agree that the ones for the trees are worthless. It's not going to eliminate tge scent you are putting off. I love the one for my clothes. I hunt nearly everyday and just didn't have the time to wash my clothes as often as I'd like. That and I was wearing them out quick with so many wash cycles. Now I ozone all my clothes and boots before every hunt. The science is there. It does kill the bacteria and odors on your stuff. You can even throw a pair of rank poly long Johns in there and they come out odor free. The ozone smell dissipates off of all of the gear quickly. I'm not into many gimmicks and things but this I swear by. I keep all my gear in the containers until I get out of my truck at my hunting spots. I know you'll never really beat a deers nose but I want to be as scent free as possible. I hunt the wind but it swirls a lot here and deer can come from unexpected directions. Since using it, the number of deer that have winded me is almost zero.

21-May-15
Ozone machine?

....or you could just wash them real good

22-May-15
Washing them well works great, but when you average 7 hunts a week for 3+ months, ozone is by far the easiest way to Keep your clothes clean. If you only hunting weekends or a couple sits a week, washing is probably just as good, although you can't wash your boots inside and out.

22-May-15
Skip, what's the name of the one you use?

22-May-15
I had a log6 but it finally broke and they don't make them anymore I'm looking into buying a small unit, like they use when detailing cars

22-May-15
Ozone machines only possible help it seems would be to put in tree as anything else in 30 minutes would be undone by the massive odor we emit from our body.

22-May-15
I bought a jacket off ebay that was supposed to be "scent free". It absolutely reeked of laundry detergent smell. I put it in a closet with an ozone machine for 16 hours. At first, it smelled good. I thought it worked. A few hours later, the jacket still smelled. So I tried it again. Still has an odor. Not sure what I could have done different, but my results haven't been up to par on what others have claimed.

22-May-15
I've found that ozone isn't great on chemical odors. My buddy does HVAC and we tried to get the smell of heating fuel out of his truck. The ozone helped but did not eliminate it. Another friend had curdled milk spill in his truck. You could not even ride in it. 30 minutes of ozone and it was like new.

22-May-15
Not me. I have no desire for one more device to make my hunting more complicated. Glad it is working for you, though.

22-May-15
A lot depends on how much ozone your machine outputs. Mine is not a small unit you hook to a tube and direct it into a closet or sealed container. Mine is a commercial unit that hotel chains and companies who clean up after crime scenes and such. I have a room set aside specifically to treat all my hunting gear. Those smaller units will work on small amount of clothing or small areas. My unit was around 1200 dollars and it has worked wonders. I bought it originally for pet odors and to help with some smoke damage from a fire. It has paid for itself in the few years I have had it. Shawn

• Sitka Gear