CCOVEY 22-May-15
WapitiBob 22-May-15
Spiral Horn 22-May-15
Chip T. 22-May-15
r-man 22-May-15
BTM 23-May-15
chasintheslam 23-May-15
22-May-15
I have been shooting an HHA 1 pin slider for years and have been very accurate with it. Now I see HHA as a bracket that you can add to give 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment. Don't really need that for my usual treestand shot of 20 yards but it will move th sight our 1 5/8 inches. I know a longer sight picture increases accuracy but what do you guys think. Would the extra distance help all that much.

Thanks

22-May-15
Chip, it does help with accuracy, especially at longer ranges. Be aware that if you move it out further from the riser you will most likely need a new peep as well to keep your peep size aligned with the size of your sight ring (which would now be slightly smaller as it is further from your riser).

22-May-15
Yes

22-May-15
Increasing peep to pin shows more movement, it doesn't instantly increase accuracy. An 1 5/8 increase will have minimal effect on perceived movement and a small effect on peep to housing centering, which at 20 yards isn't worth worrying about.

22-May-15
Chip,

If you like your current setup and shoot it well, really doubt that the extension will make that big a difference for a tree stand hunting rig. Also, like folks already hinted, there will be additional complications such as changing peeps if you want to keep the same sight picture, decreased low light shooting ability (due to smaller peep), etc.

Just some hard lessons learned from a guy who used to tinker with stuff until it breaks.

BTW - I get great BH groups at 60+ yards with my non-extended 2in HHA and 1/4in peep.

My 2 cents

Ken

22-May-15
Thanks for the thoughts guys. I think I will keep the present set up.

22-May-15
shore does help a lot, yes. As long as its stable and wont vibrate or move

23-May-15
In addition to the previous comments, keep in mind that the further you move the sight, the more chances it might get banged up and/or snag on something.

23-May-15
if your looking to buy an extension for your sight go onto ebay and search hha extension I bought a 2.5" one on there about 3 years ago and it works great

• Sitka Gear