AndyJ 22-May-15
leftybearfan 22-May-15
Buck Watcher 22-May-15
The Old Sarge 22-May-15
bowhunter55 23-May-15
Hawkeye 23-May-15
SwampStalker 23-May-15
22-May-15
How many guys hunt with a fixed single pin? How do you like it? Ever since a target panic ordeal I have been constantly changing things. As a strategy to simplify, I got rid of all my pins but one, centered it in the housing and sighted it in for 25. Now I hold over or under and I really like it. I was just wondering how many others do the same.

22-May-15
A few years back I went to a HHA slider for same reasons you mention. I shot a few deer with it and a bear. The one pin isn't so bad and I basically set it at 25 and was good to go from 0-30. I recently sold the one pin and went to a five pin. Now I can shoot a multiple pin.

22-May-15
I shoot one pin and love it. I didnt like my sight area all filled with pins so I have my bow set at 70lbs and shoot one pin out to 32 yds and feel real comfortable with that as my max plus my sight window is so clear without the extra pins.

22-May-15
As long as you never need to shoot further than that one pin permits, or never practice at longer yardage, a fixed pin is fine. Personally I prefer a slider so my options aren't limited.

22-May-15
+1 wybullshooter

22-May-15
Oddly enough I am shooting better at the 50 yard range than I have for a long time. I shoot every day so I am getting pretty comfortable with how much I need to hold over. With that said, I won't shoot more than about 35 yards in a hunting situation.

22-May-15
I shot a slider (Quick Click Ranger) for many years when I shot a lot of tournaments. Now that my shooting is just in the woods, and just for whitetails, I use a single pin fixed. Works well for what I need. If I ever go back to tournaments or out west where longer range shooting is necessary I will definitely go back to a slider.

22-May-15
I shot that way for maybe 20 years, single pin at 20 yards - never shot more than 25. The last 10 years or so is 3 green set at 20, 35 and 50 yards. I will only shoot at a deer at 40 yards. So I basically have a 2 pin and hold over under from 15-40. I use the 50 pin for target (shooting 60 a while makes 25 seems unfair) or for a long follow up shot.

22-May-15
Been shooting a single pin slider for almost 15 years. Not going back.

23-May-15
9 yrs. with a HHA slider set at 30yrds. I'm good out to 40 yrds with little holdover. It's very rare when I've had to move the pin. Can't imagine using a multi-pin sight.

23-May-15
Single pin slider is great. I think a single "fixed"pin would eventually become an issue. Id say go to a slider and then you can always adjust or sight in for multiple yardages. If not it can stay as a single fixed option for you.

Win Win :)

23-May-15
Luckily I was shooting at the bottom of my target when I accidentally used my 35 yard pin at 20 yards. Went a bit high and would have been pretty bad if I had been on a deer. I switched to the HHA Brushfire 5019, set it at 25 yards and like it a lot. I'm good to at least 30 yards with it (can't shoot farther than 35 yards on my home range).

• Sitka Gear