Ermine 15-Feb-16
huntmaster 15-Feb-16
Jack Harris 15-Feb-16
YZF-88 18-Feb-17
Julius K 19-Feb-17
PECO 19-Feb-17
cambow 21-Feb-17
22-May-15
What fletchings or I should say vanes are you guys using?

I've been shooting Blazers for years and I've used up my current supply and before I just go ahead and order a bunch more, I figured I'd test the water.

I am shooting Carbon Express Pile Drivers with 125 grain Slick Trick mags on the front and total arrow weight around 500 grains. I'm using a QAD rest and every once in awhile I get contact issues, so I thought maybe a lower profile vane would help out with that as well.

I know this may turn into a my broadhead is better than yours thread, but I figured I'd ask...

22-May-15
Iv been using aae max hunters for over a year now love them they adhere better then blazers and give me more helical and better steer at longer distance. People complain about noise but I honestly haven't really noticed much neither have the animals I kill

22-May-15
Flex fletch

22-May-15
Flex Fletch

22-May-15
5" Feathers

22-May-15
Switched to flex fletch 3" low profiles this year. in a 4x90 pattern. Couldnt be happier. used there zing adhesion products as well. Great stuff.

22-May-15
AAE Max Hunters for me.

22-May-15
4" straight offset, vanes . Good control, lower profile than blazers. and a slight spin. blazers do stick out a way don't they.

22-May-15
+1 for AAE Maxhunter vanes

22-May-15
4, 4" white true flite feathers...but I shoot a recurve.

22-May-15
MaxHunters for me and about 4 others I have turned on to them......stick great and fly great!

23-May-15
Max hunters are very good and imo stabilize better than Blazers. However they are higher profile and noisy compared to the Blazers. I'm using the aae max stealth vanes this year. Really like them so far, but aae had some problem with their activator on the bases and I have to wipe the bases with acetone then clean off with water prior to gluing. (Their instructions) pain the butt. Still liking the way they stabilize, their low profile, and how quiet they are. We'll see if I still feel the same in a year or so.

23-May-15
Flex-fletch imo are the quietest, most consistent and durable vanes made. I know if you used the FFP-360 or SK-300 you will be very happy.

23-May-15
Thanks for the comments!

How high profile are the max hunters compared to blazers? They look shorter.

Lots of max Hunter users here. Anyone switch from max hunters to blazers?

23-May-15
The flex Fletch 360's look intriguing. For the rest of the flex fletch crew, what vane are you shooting?

23-May-15
Let me throw in the 3" Norway Fusion. It's made from the same stiff material that Blazers are made of but about an 1/8" lower profile and an inch longer.

23-May-15
Blazers for the most part, but I been using Norway Fusions also and I like them a lot.

23-May-15
Anyone running the Max Stealth? They are a bit lower profile and supposed to be quiet.

23-May-15
im not but I have a few friends that just switched to them and love them said they are about 2.6" long

23-May-15
As mentioned, I like the MaxHunters but they are taller than blazers which can be am issue with some rests. The stealth version looks nice and if they hold groups like the originals, they would be worth a look for sure.

23-May-15
Forgot to say if you want a few regualr maxhunters to try.....pm me and I will send you some so you dont have to order a bunch.

23-May-15
Only the best, IMO: Flex Fletch Silent Knight 300.

23-May-15
Been using Blazers for years. They work great for me.

23-May-15
is there a long range / in wind advantage on mountain hunts with blazers vs. full vaness

23-May-15

caribou77's embedded Photo
Flex Fletch FLP-300 The amount of vane clearance is crazy. Fletched up easily even with a large helical.

23-May-15

3" norway fusion 3x120 vs 3" flex fletch flp 300 4x90

23-May-15
FF 360. Best hunting vane made .Hunt

26-May-15
Well I figured I'd try all of them just for fun...

Just placed an order FF-360's, AAE Max Stealth and some more Blazers. I'll give them all a try and see where I go from there.

15-Feb-16
So what vane did you end up picking?

15-Feb-16
I stuck with blazers last season, mostly because I didn't notice any difference in my group sizes whether they were field tips or broadheads. I did have differing point of impacts with my broadheads when I switched vanes around, but group sizes were similar.

I am changing my arrow this year, going semi skinny with the CX PTX. So I will probably fletch some up with the different vanes again and test them out as I will be upping my speed slightly with the lighter arrow.

15-Feb-16
I am far from a techie, what I know about tuning and arrow building all came from bowsite. For years I shot blazers -straight. Had hard time tuning so like a moron dabbled in mechanicals. More time on bowsite, more knowledge gained. Finally started putting some helical on those blazers, tuning got easier, stopped shooting mechanicals. Learned how to move my rest a bit to find a point where FPs and BH's hit close... Dabbled back into feathers for a year or two, loved the way they flew and zipped right through deer with no resistance. Last year, decided to add another 100+ grains to my arrow total weight, so went up in spine, up in length, and from 100 to 125 tip. 465gr total weight. Got myself a bitz, some 4" helical feathers, and some 4" Arizona Archery Plastifletch vanes. Tried 4 fletch helical vanes first, didn't like it at all. Seemed to be getting clearance issues on the QAD ulta. 3 feathers shot good, but once I just put 3 full helical 4" vanes on there, it all clicked. Much faster and quieter, and these vanes have good memory very durable but are far from as stiff as the blazers, therefore would pass through animals with less resistance. Several pass-throughs on decent size deer, no fletching damage at all. Probably not the most popular choice vane, but the plastifletch really work well for me but I also only shoot maximum 35-40 yards and that would be rare.

18-Feb-17

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Applying some advice from this thread right now. Ordered a batch of Flex Fletch 360's. Definitely bigger...but lower profile. Figure after 10 years of Blazers it's time to mix it up. These F360's are definitely more flexible.

19-Feb-17
I like the AAE plastifletch 2 7/8" (EP26). I have used the max hunters, pro max, but keep coming back to these. They are quiet, stick to anything, and steer broadheads.

19-Feb-17
I like the looks of the FFP360, anyone shooting them through a biscuit and if so how do they hold up?

21-Feb-17
I had some clearance issues with the QAD and blazers with helical fletched on the Arizona Mini. Went to Quick Spin vanes with a slight right offset.

• Sitka Gear