CAS_HNTR 23-May-15
Bowsage 24-May-15
gobbler 24-May-15
spike buck 24-May-15
doubleeagle 24-May-15
Bill VanderLaan 24-May-15
23-May-15
Anybody have any experience with them?

I've been doing a little research on them and it seems deer and turkeys will eat them... just curious if they LOVE them or whether it's just something they will eat if they are walking by.

Looks like they do well on sides of steep banks and I have a few places I might like to plant some if they are sought after by deer/turkeys.

23-May-15
I've planted them only have one bush that I know of that is producing. The nuts seem to disappear very fast once they ripen so yeah I would say I know at least deer like them.

23-May-15
I planted 25 last fall.....I will prolly plant another 100 in the next few years. The nuts drop early so they wont be a hunting season draw but are readily eaten by pretty much anything.....to the point you don't ever see the nuts on the ground. I planted them for the woody browse and screening they will produce when they mature.

24-May-15
I make hazlenut milk for my coffee instead of using harmful creamers.

24-May-15
In WV I planted a hundred one year and used tree protectors and none made it thru first winter.

24-May-15
I know bears love them here in W Ontario in the fall.

24-May-15
The biggest buck I've ever seen came in the day my wife was with me in a blind drinking hazelnut creamer in her coffee. Maybe a coincidence, but made me think hard on it. Also, wildlife research center's acorn leafs smell just like hazelnuts. Too bad they discontinued them.

24-May-15
I planted 25 of them along the edge of some prairie grass. Thought they would make a nice compliment to the forbes, beans and corn in the area. In spite of what I have read, they are quite slow growing. Hoping they will take off this summer.

• Sitka Gear