arlone 02-Jun-15
Paul@thefort 05-Jun-15
Beav 08-Jun-15
Antler Reezen 28-Jun-15
Zbone 28-Jun-15
01-Jun-15

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
We have been after the bigheads on the Missouri River and have had some great success. Great eating fish once you learn how to clean them.

01-Jun-15

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo

01-Jun-15

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo

01-Jun-15

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo

01-Jun-15
Sweet! What do they weigh?

01-Jun-15
That's a hell of a fish. Wow. Congrats to you guys. Hunt

01-Jun-15
Beav, do you take the "Y" bones out of the big ones? I tried doing that to some little guys and it was too much work. It's probably better to leave the bones in for the small ones.

01-Jun-15
Crazy stuff Beav! Keep the info/vids coming!

Mark

02-Jun-15

KDC's embedded Photo
KDC's embedded Photo
Great job guys! They are definately a great fish to go after. Keep it up.

02-Jun-15
I never heard of anyone eating Bigheads. From the looks of that fillet the meat appears fairly white. Do they have much red meat on them? Taste wise, what would you compare them too?

02-Jun-15
One other question. Who is the best way to cook them?

02-Jun-15
Ooops, I meant How is the best way to cook?

02-Jun-15
Super white firm white. Hard to compare to anything. Very mild. We have grilled them, fried them and baked them. They do have red meat on them but our modified way of cleaning them is leaving the skin side on so don't have to deal with the red meat. Pain in the ass to clean because of the bones but once you get the method down it isn't bad. We brought home 125 lbs of boneless meat from our last trip. Biggest fish this year was about 60 lbs. The first two I posted here are upper 40's.

02-Jun-15
holy cow batman them are some big fish ,how are you getting them ,i see red marks,from the arrow ? must be one heck of a fight ,very cool ,thanks for the pics.

02-Jun-15
Ever see the movie "Goonies"? That's al I think of when I see those big-head carp...

02-Jun-15
Big fight is right!

02-Jun-15
Those are some great fish. Used to shoot a lot of common carp, one of my favorite things to do when I was younger and had closer "carping spots".

05-Jun-15
Is the process of shooting them much like carp in the shallows or do you seem them rolling in deeper water.

My best, Paul

08-Jun-15
Paul they are plankton eaters so they are usually out in deeper water in pools where plankton gathers. Usually are shot when they are near the surface feeding up stream. Super spooky fish. Usually shot by drifting even the trolling motor spooks them from 50 yards.

28-Jun-15

Antler Reezen's embedded Photo
Antler Reezen's embedded Photo
Nothing quite like shooting big heads!

28-Jun-15
Way cool, but question - "modified way of cleaning them is leaving the skin side on so don't have to deal with the red meat"

So are you saying the red meat is next to the skin?

• Sitka Gear