flyingbrass 03-Jun-15
Southern draw 04-Jun-15
Mark Watkins 04-Jun-15
kota-man 04-Jun-15
Jim in PA 04-Jun-15
NvaGvUp 04-Jun-15
03-Jun-15
Cool news from WSF!

Monday evening, the WSF Membership Committee and the Life Members' Breakfast Committee agreed to offer a Dall Sheep Hunt with Artic Red River as a special raffle at the 2016 Life Members' Breakfast at the 2016 Sheep Show.

Here's the deal:

You must be a WSF Life Member or a WSF Summit Life Member to win, AND, you must also be present at the Life Member Breakfast to win.

Life Members will get one ticket in the draw. Summit Life Members will get two tickets in the draw. No other tickets will be available.

To top it off, Adam Foss will be our guest speaker at the LMB! As you remember, Adam's dad, Tom, (tthomas) was the guest speaker last year and shot the lights out. Adam plans to have some fun with that as well as bringing a young man's perspective to it all.

You will not want to miss the LMB! That you can win a sheep hunt with one of the top sheep outfitters anywhere is icing on the cake!

Kyle

03-Jun-15
how many life members are there? how many could show up?

03-Jun-15
We normally have 250 - 275 at the LMB.

The raffle will be mostly an incentive to those who are thinking about becoming Life Members or upgrading to a Summit Life Membership.

WSF is a conservation organization and is considered by many, including other sportsmen's supported organizations, as being the best conservation organization there is.

Join as Life Member or as a Summit Life Member to become part of that. The opportunity to win a sheep hunt is simply a bonus.

03-Jun-15
I did not see anything about this "Summit" Life Member level on the WSF website. I'm guessing it is out of my league but I'd like to know how it differs from Regular Life Membership.

03-Jun-15
Shrewski,

The Summit membership is something we implemented in the 3rd quarter of last year,

WSF has not changed its Life Membership pricing since it started in 1977. The Summit level is $2,500, or $1,500 to upgrade if you are already a Life Member.

It's simply another way to give and to show your support. We've seen great support for this from our members. See the latest 'Wild Sheep' magazine for more details.

03-Jun-15
Great news Kyle!

03-Jun-15
I just joined a couple months ago as a life member.

04-Jun-15
I became a life member 23 years ago and from what i understand the summit members get one more chance at the hunt than i do unless i upgrade of course , thats great news for the sheep. Whatever works to help keep sheep on the mountain!

04-Jun-15
"Put and keep sheep on the mountain" if i remember correctly:). Last year I became a life member and then this year became a summit member. I made this decision at the WSF meetings in Reno (first year of attending) after having met and talked with many on the WSF leadership team, attended seminars and enjoyed the camaraderie.

I was also fortunate to meet the Foss Band of Three.....Tom owned the house that morning when he spoke at the Life Member Breakfast. It will be great to get Adam's thoughts and views this year....as he is part of "our next generation."

The WSF is truly a world class organization of passionate hunters and conservationists.

If you haven't joined, I would encourage you to seriously consider. The sheep don't always put themselves on the mountain.

Mark

04-Jun-15
Well said Mark...With that Dall you took off the mountain, you need to be stepping up to "the green jacket"...:0

04-Jun-15
Mark, Tom definitely set the bar high, Saturday night at the dinner I told Adam that and he laughed and said I hope you guys didn't believe all that stuff! I think some alcohol may have been involved. That's where the idea came up of giving Adam a chance to tell his "side" of the story. Plus , that is a tough crowd to talk in front of. A lot of those guys have been to some pretty wild places. Adam will bring a younger perspective of a truly conservation minded member.

Jim

04-Jun-15
Thank you for the kind words, Mark. That was an awesome endorsement!

Kyle

• Sitka Gear