TreeWalker 09-Jun-15
Zbone 09-Jun-15
NY Bowman 10-Jun-15
NY Bowman 10-Jun-15
NY Bowman 10-Jun-15
NY Bowman 10-Jun-15
Zbone 10-Jun-15
09-Jun-15
I am wanting to try shooting an alligator this year with my Martin recurve with bottle type reel. First will this bow have enough power and second what set up changes do I need to make. Thanks

09-Jun-15
Recurve bows have plenty of punch depending on draw weight. I took a 10 year old who took a gator with a 38# longbow. You will need a slotted retriever for the bottle reel.

09-Jun-15
"You will need a slotted retriever for the bottle reel."

Would like to see some of you guys gator rigs of reels, and arrows... Not interested in the bows for about any bow will do... Thanks

09-Jun-15
Go search for Central Florida Trophy Hunts then look at the bow and crossbow gear they sell. That might help frame your search going forward. I used a crossbow on my hunt a couple of years ago in Florida and most of the items I used were handmade or customized to be effective for sticking and boating a large alligator.

09-Jun-15
Have seen pieces, parts, but how to rig or tie them?

Would kinda like to see different ways to attach wire leader or string to BOTH the point and shaft without loosing shaft.... Thanks

10-Jun-15

NY Bowman's embedded Photo

10-Jun-15

10-Jun-15

10-Jun-15

This is what I use now. The reel just pulls loose from the PVC mount and I chase it down. I use 250# PowerPro and it allows for quick shooting and reloading and much less drag than the heavy line on the slotted reel. I've taken or helped take 18 gators this way.

10-Jun-15
Thanks NY Bowman!!! That's what I'm talk'n bout...8^)

What is that band holding the string to shaft, some kind of a rubber band?

• Sitka Gear