Contributors to this thread:
>>>--arrow1--> 14-Jun-15
Gazi 14-Jun-15
willliamtell 15-Jun-15
obx 15-Jun-15
Gazi 15-Jun-15
Hugh 15-Jun-15
14-Jun-15
Do you guys that have travelled to the RSA recommend any specific brand name or type of TSA locks ?

I'm planning on taking 2 bow cases. One has built in locks the other case I have to get some. And some for my luggage. Or any other thoughts on Locks. Thanx

14-Jun-15
I have had the best luck with locks that actually have a cable loop rather than a steel loop. I think Brinks makes them. It can be difficult to find steel loop locks that actually fit some high end cases.

14-Jun-15

Ursus a. Horribilis's embedded Photo
Ursus a. Horribilis's embedded Photo
I use these locks. Work fine on my SKB bow cases

15-Jun-15
tsa locks are kind of a joke. bring the case into a place that sells locks and buy the stoutest one that fits your case. get an extra key made so you carry couple when you travel.

15-Jun-15
I have have two occasions had the TSA cut off TSA locks.Both times I was traveling to Canada.

15-Jun-15
I have had the same experience travelling to Canada. I carry a couple of extra locks for that reason. That way, if they cut them off on the way there, you have a set for the trip home.

15-Jun-15
Take a small cheap single shot rifle and put it in your bowcase. Dismantle it and don't bring any ammo. This way you can fit the rifle in your bowcase and use good quality locks. I do this on every trip. Even when I travel from my home in Alaska to the lower 48 I use a hard sided suitcase and put a hand gun in it. No TSA can open it without me being there and I have to put the locks on. And the regs do not say anything about my clothes being in a "gun case".

• Sitka Gear