Fulldraw1972 29-Jun-15
Mark Watkins 29-Jun-15
Rut Nut 30-Jun-15
ki-ke 30-Jun-15
Ibow 30-Jun-15
17-Jun-15

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
This is what i was told at the start of bear season. I said I wasn't going to hunt this year. I am busy at work and going to Alaska in August. When the snow left early i had to go. Got the baits in May 26. My old go to the Crib and a new bait i named Ridge after my boy. Heres my story. HUNT

17-Jun-15

I baited heavy and waited for the right time. With work i could only hunt weekends. June 7 would be my first night. On the 5th i go and bait. i am checking the camera and look up to see a 2 year old a 5 yards. I yell and throw my arms he goes up the hill. I start to bait and here he comes. i throw the bucket lid like a fresbee and hit him in the nose. he retreats up the hill 10 yards and stops. i finish baiting and he is circling me. Here he comes and with the bucket in my hand i whack him in the face. He runs off . I need to respect bears more. lesson learned.Hunt

17-Jun-15

Someone ate my seat:(. HUNT

17-Jun-15

June 7. I get a shower at the truck and slip in scent free. In the stand and ready 4.40. HUNT

17-Jun-15

Little after 5 i here some bears chasing down the hill. I also here the sound i here alot during the rut a low grunt like a cow moose. I turn to the bait and here's the first visitor . HUNT

17-Jun-15

I am watching the bear and enjoying the show. I smile and remind myself how blessed i am. then a stick breaks and the bear looks down the hill. Its a better bear. i stand and grab the camera. I take a few pics of him at 8 yards and decide i better but the camera down. He turns to leave and never gave me a shot with bow in hand. He follows the other bear out of sight. Dam it Hunt put that camera down and hunt.

17-Jun-15
Lookin good. Be sure to have the whole thing posted by morning. Glad to see you got out to enjoy yourself a bit.

17-Jun-15

Its quiet for awhile and i enjoy my sit. Its not quiet at my house anymore. Then i see black down the hill. A boar and sow skirt me checking the wind. he is a shooter for sure. they go out of sight and a black boar come into the bait. Not a shooter with that one just down the hill. i am loving it.HUNT

17-Jun-15
Congrats and Good luck!

17-Jun-15

He eats and heads down the hill. He is standing there looking down the hill where the boar and sow went earlier. I see them. Then he looks up hill and RUNS OFF. I grab my bow. Shooter closing fast i draw at 20 and hold. He turns and comes at me no shot. I can see 4 bears at this time and 2 shooters. I hold for ever he comes broadside walking and i grunt to stop him at 7 yards. I never even looked at a spot and got only hair and a little skin. Low by the elbow. He runs off and stops at 15 . I am back at full draw no shot and he walks out of my life. Heres a bear licking the arrow.HUNT

17-Jun-15

I am beyond upset with myself. I just blew a great oppertunity with limited time. I stand and look and here comes a bear. its just a bear. so i grab the camera.HUNT

17-Jun-15

It comes right in.I am watching it and taking pics. I look down and at 3 yards its that boar from earlier.its his sow on the bait.i get the camera up and bow in hand. No way is this going to happen. He turns and i am at fulldraw. He walks straight away and heads downhill. The sow is still at the bait. I see him coming up top. I turn and get ready. No shot and they leave .The camera cost me twice . HUNT

17-Jun-15

Its a great sit 7 bears seen and 3 good ones. I am sad i blew it but happy to just be hunting. I get to the truck and Andy had a big one in twice and passed 4 bears trying to kill him only for him to ghost away like bears do. Its 12:30 when we get home. 5:30 comes early. HUNT

17-Jun-15

I work all week and we bait on tuesday and Andy baits thursday There are bears on the camera but not the good ones.

Will Towle is coming down to hunt with Justin. We make plans for dinner. It doesnt take long to figure out he is a stand up guy. We tell stories and have a smoked elk tenderloin wrapped in bacon and a few IPAs. They head for camp and i head to bed. Check out Justin and Will Excellent aenture:) HUNT

17-Jun-15

Sat June 13 I have a good buddy getting married. It was a good time with the family. I was good and turned in early ready for my last day to hunt. HUnt

17-Jun-15

Sunday June 14. Up early and ready to go. I head to Will and Justins camp. It smells like bear. I wait around and soon they show up. I get the story . Then Me and Will head out. We check the baits and cameras. To say they looked good is a understatement . %\5 shooter bears between 2 baits and lots of day time pics. I am pumped and we head back to have lunch. Its a great time . We leave and get to the gate and shower and head in. Me to the Ridge and Andy to the crib. HUNT

17-Jun-15

Wind is swirling. I put out some Sow in heat from Boarmasters and get settled in. 5 pm. HUNT

17-Jun-15

Time ticks by and i and just enjoying the sit 6 turns to 7 and then 8. No bears and the wind is everywhere. At 8 15 a small black circles me and leaves. at 830 it comes in. just a bear and i will eat my tags before shooting just a bear . It leave with some beaver and i laugh as it runs away with its prize. A little better one shows up. It never comes in and leaves up hill. HUNT

17-Jun-15

Its after 9 and the sun is down. The wind settles some and i spray my last bit of sow in heat. 9 15 i hear a grunt behind the bait. Here he comes. I grab my bow and stand. Its a great bear. he is broadside at 12 yards with just a small tree in front of him. I hold and he commits. At 10 yards i settle in and the bow goes off. 3 bounds and he is down. Wow. That just happened. I Thank the lord as i listen to the death moan. He made it 10 yards and is piled up. HUNT

17-Jun-15

Its a great bear. i am so blessed. I try to move him and realize he is better than i was thinking. HUNT

17-Jun-15

My best to date . 15 years of baiting waiting for this bear. I am smiling ear to ear. I take some pics and head to the truck to wait for Andy. I need some help. HUNT

17-Jun-15

HUNT

17-Jun-15
Well done my friend. Was an absolute pleasure getting to know you. Some critters will be disappointed that we met:).

17-Jun-15

We get back to the bear at 11. at 1230 we are loaded up and ready to head out. Here he is laying there in the dark ready to skin. HUNT

17-Jun-15
Great looking bear Hunt and well told ! Congrats on the bear and the little future hunter !

17-Jun-15
Well done!! Great story thank you for sharing!

17-Jun-15

The next morning at 530 Will stops by to drop off his bear and here the story. We high five and he heads out on the road and me to work. I am still smiling even on 3 hours of sleep. Thanks for looking. HUNT

17-Jun-15
I love it! Congrats bud, great bear!

17-Jun-15
Congrats. ...pretty bear

17-Jun-15
Hunt always gets it done! Congrats on a great bear.

17-Jun-15
Awesome! Great bear! You would get it done even if you had only half a day to hunt! Your the man!

17-Jun-15
Nicely done HUNT !!

17-Jun-15
Way to go Hunt! You earned it and I'll bet it feels great. Thanks for sharing and taking us along. What a great bear!

17-Jun-15
That's a fantastic bear, HUNT! Love that color....congrats!

17-Jun-15
Way to go Hunt! Congrats! Beautiful bear!

17-Jun-15
Nicely done!! Congratulations!

17-Jun-15
Congrats on the bear and the beastie!

Always enjoy your recaps and pics. Your camera may make things more difficult, but as long as you're still having a good time and being successful, we'll appreciate the pics.

17-Jun-15
Awesome...congrats. Great story.

17-Jun-15
What a beauty! Congrats Hunt! I always enjoy your posts! You're no bs and just hunt style is much appreciated!

17-Jun-15
Great bear. Congrats!

18-Jun-15
Congrats hunt!!! Stud bear and great pics!!

18-Jun-15
Congratulations!!!

18-Jun-15
Congrats on your bear. Glad you are busy with work and you still got at good one!

18-Jun-15
Can't tell you how happy I am for ya bud. Was great to see Ridge for the first time a few weeks back! I'll see you in a few months up North I'm sure!

18-Jun-15
Great hunt man!! You have fine life balance for such a young man! Good carma is around you!! Enjoy the ride! C

18-Jun-15
Congrats ! nice bear

18-Jun-15
Way to go Hunt. Nicely done and nice bear.

18-Jun-15
Good stuff as usual! Congrats! Good looking kiddo as well:)

Matt

18-Jun-15
Pretty bear. On to the next adventure. Congrats!

18-Jun-15
Great Bear, congrats!

18-Jun-15
Well done Hunt!!! CONGRATS on a beautiful bear!

18-Jun-15
I'd been waiting to see if you were going to post a bear hunt, and sure enough here it is. Congrats HUNT, that is a beauty. That is insane how many bears were strolling around.

18-Jun-15
great job well done

18-Jun-15
nice story and really nice bear,,,thanks for sharing

18-Jun-15
Awesome stuff! Every year you bear hunters give me the bear fever. One of these days I'll pull the trigger and either head west or north

Congrats!

18-Jun-15
Stud of a bear. Congrats!

18-Jun-15
DIY bear is on my list. Awesome!

18-Jun-15
2 days is still better then no days

18-Jun-15
Great job once again HUNT!! Congrats on one hell of a trophy.

18-Jun-15
Congrats Hunter! Love the color bears!

18-Jun-15
Nice bear Hunt!!!

18-Jun-15
great bear HUNT....Congrats.

18-Jun-15
Real nice, congrats Hunt.

18-Jun-15
Nice!!

18-Jun-15
Congrats! A bunch of action for two days!

18-Jun-15

Thanks guys for all the kind words. Bowsite has been good to me . Thanks again.

18-Jun-15
Awesome hunt and story Hunt! Thanks for sharing!

19-Jun-15
You always have good threads to follow HUNT

Good luck, Robb

19-Jun-15
Congrats on a dandy bear! Two day hunt indeed.... put in the work to make those two days count.

Thanks again for bringin' us along....

29-Jun-15
Nice read. Congrats

29-Jun-15
Great bear! Congrats

29-Jun-15
Thanks for the pics and story. Congrats on a nice bear!

29-Jun-15
Grats Hunt! Great story and bear. Enjoy your son; but don't blink, he won't be a baby anymore if you do.

29-Jun-15
Congrats Hunt on a great bear!!

29-Jun-15
Congrats Hunt....you and Ridge have a great bear story right there:)

Mark

30-Jun-15
Beautiful Bear! I love those color phases. We don't get too many here in the East. Congrats!

SOunds like you have your priorities straight, and the good Lord rewarded you. ;-)

30-Jun-15
Great story! Brings back many memories of running my own baits in Ca. Lots of satisfaction when it all comes together.

Thanks for sharing

30-Jun-15
Great thread and picts. Congrats on your bear - it's a dandy for sure!

• Sitka Gear