Butcher 26-Jun-15
Butcher 26-Jun-15
Bowfreak 26-Jun-15
Butcher 26-Jun-15
Bowfreak 26-Jun-15
Butcher 27-Jun-15
Butcher 01-Jul-15
25-Jun-15
Hey guys, I have a Hoyt carbon element 70lb 29in draw. I have been shooting Easton fmj cut to 29.5 340 spine. I was trying vpa solids this year for the first time and they are shooting to the right about 3-4 inches. Bow is paper tuned and walk back tuned. I turned my bow down 2 full turns and did seem to be better. Would I be better to try some 330 or 300 spine arrows. Do vpa normally require stiffer spined arrows. I shot them last year for a while out of a z7 and don't remember any problems, then again this element is a little hotter. Thanks

25-Jun-15
It could be a spine issue but it doesn't seem glaring. I suspect that you have a yoke tuning issue. As a righty you will typically get a left tear in paper and a broadhead grouping right of FP. The fix is adding a twist in the left yoke and taking one out of the right. Continue to do this to bring your arrows together. While I don't believe it is necessarily a spine issue I would cut 1 to 1 1/2" inches off those arrows to be sure. What you are doing is making the top cam actually lean at brace to compensate for the rigid roller guard system. If you look at your top cam it should look like \ from the back. Yours is probably closer to looking like this /.

25-Jun-15
My setup is a Hoyt carbon elment 70lb @28 draw. My arrows are easton axis 340 cut at 27.25, shooting out of a ripcord rest. My broadheads are 100 grain vpa solids I also had some issues with them flying to the left. What made mine fly true, was taking the camfer stone that you get with the arrows, and grinding some arrow down so you could turn the broadhead to the next blade. Some broadheads were good out of the package, some we not but doing this made them all good. It worked for me.

25-Jun-15
I would say 300 spine is probably what you need for that setup. I use a 350 spine at 27.5" draw at 70lbs with the AM35 which is not as hot as your bow. I will say I have have weird issue like that. I had the wife's bow tuned great with GT XT's and decided to try her Victory arrows and for the life of me I could not tune that arrow to her bow.

25-Jun-15
I was wondering the same thing about the yoke tuning although I have not ever tried it. I had new strings put on it in January this was the first time I've shot broadheads since then. Should I shoot their paper when yoke tuning? Or bh and fp. Have a ripcord rest, no contact with it. I'll give that a shot this weekend

25-Jun-15
I have the same setup, 70lbs@ 29". I'm using .300 spine arrows, I think in general they work a little better than the .340. I'm using vpa solids.

25-Jun-15
You can paper tune with the yokes and BH tune also. I usually yoke tune to a bullet hole and then broadhead tune with the yokes.

If you get a chance, snap a pic of your top cam from the rear and post it.

25-Jun-15
Yoke tuning is great. That's the whole reason I shoot a Hoyt. Super easy to tune using yoke tuning.

Take a twist or 2 out of the right yoke and add to the left.

26-Jun-15
Put 2 twists on the left yoke and take one out on the right, you should straighten right out...

26-Jun-15

Butcher's embedded Photo
Butcher's embedded Photo
Not the best pic but all I could get by myself with that melon in the way

26-Jun-15

Butcher's embedded Photo
Butcher's embedded Photo

26-Jun-15
Butcher,

Just take a pic at brace. Sorry I should have been more specific. The full draw pics are helpful too though.

26-Jun-15

Butcher's embedded Photo
Butcher's embedded Photo

26-Jun-15
You have no lean in your cam. One would think that you would want it straight but due to the pressure the roller puts on the setup you need to induce cam lean. Add twist to the left while taking an equal amount ou of the right. Do this until the impact comes together. Twisting one and untwisting the other helps to keep the bow in time. With much adjustment though you will more than likely still have to adjust timing as you go.

27-Jun-15
Will definitely give the yoke tuning a shot over the next couple of days and let you know. Thanks for the help. Guessing the dealer set it this way or didn't set it I guess you would say. Timing was all off after the new string.

01-Jul-15
Pm sent bow freak

• Sitka Gear