butler399 06-Oct-15
YZF-88 03-Nov-15
YZF-88 29-Mar-16
JohnB 29-Mar-16
Elkaddict 30-Mar-16
27-Jun-15

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Picked up a duplex frame and a Grab it II recently from Kifaru. Everybody here on Bowsite was spot on about the quality of Kifaru! Can't wait to get the Kifaru bag as well. The adjustable shoulder straps, load lifters and a waist belt properly sized are worth the price of admission.

With that said, I won't be able to swing the bag for a few months (or even have my mind made up on which one). As an experiment and temporary trial, I disassembled an old version of an Eberlestock J104 and discovered it fastens to the duplex frame very well. I had given up on my old J104 years ago because it lacked functional load lifters or shoulder strap adjustments.

27-Jun-15

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Threw a few pillows, a 30lb weight, a rifle and a bow on it. Feels great.

27-Jun-15

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
66lbs with this frame feels like 30 with the internal frame pre-"monster garage". Yeah its temporary and again I'd like to reiterate a thanks for good honest reviews about the Kifaru products from folks on here.

27-Jun-15
Looks good!

28-Jun-15
Creative!

Mark

28-Jun-15
Is that the 24" frame?

28-Jun-15
I just went in and bought a Duplex frame and Nomad pack with Long Hunter lid and Grab It. A lot of guys around here are running the Cargo Panel, dry bags and pockets plus good. I felt the Nomad was a little better choice to use as a day pack though, once i set up my camp somewhere. Can't wait to get it!

28-Jun-15
That is the 24" frame Midwest. I can't decide between going with the Nomad and a few different piece parts or the EMR II.

29-Jun-15
Awesome Jason, now I know what to do with my old J104!

30-Jun-15
Any idea how much the empty J104 pack weighs after you performed surgery on it?

30-Jun-15
Go EMR 2 over the nomad

30-Jun-15
Mike I must have shaved 2+lbs between the belt, shoulder straps and back padding.

Fun experiment. Nothing to lose since it really wasn't worth much.

30-Jun-15
I agree with Ermine...Go EMR2. Very versatile and could be the last pack you own. (Unless you are me;))

03-Oct-15

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
got to use my "FrankenPack" this past Thursday under real circumstances. I have to say, the Kifaru Duplex frame was awesome. It handled the meat loads far better than even my Kelty Cache hauler. I let a buddy use my Kelty to haul out the neck meat and a front shoulder. I was super impressed with how it worked out. For the first time in my life I did not have insane neck pain after hauling out the other three quarters and the head in separate trips (straight up the mountain by the way).

Here is a picture with my pack empty and the Grab-It II fastened to the frame.

03-Oct-15

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Looking forward to many more pack-outs with this frame. I will be getting the EMR II this winter to go along with it though.

06-Oct-15
Congrats on the bull Jason!

I ordered the new Duplex frame and was going to build a FrankenPack using a USMC ILBE bag but had to cancel because Kifaru couldn't deliver in time for my hunt.

06-Oct-15
I've been needing an upgrade on my pack I'd like to get a kifaru, but I dunno about the money right now. How are the erbelestock packs at doing spike camps and packing meat? I've heard good things about them

06-Oct-15
I've been needing an upgrade on my pack I'd like to get a kifaru, but I dunno about the money right now. How are the erbelestock packs at doing spike camps and packing meat? I've heard good things about them

03-Nov-15

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Sorry for the delayed response. Been working crazy hours. Yes the money is steep hence my need to get by with the duplex frame and the Eberlestock for now. The Eberlestock is great for organization especially with the optional spike camp bag...but the pack has no functional load lifters! I need them. Truly need them for my neck issues. The EMR II is closest to the Eberlestock J104 so that will be my next bag for the frame. Another good feature on the eberlestock is the gun scabbard but I prefer the Kifaru gun bearer now. Its awesome.

29-Mar-16

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
The Frankenpack has been retired! Took forever to find enough change in the couch cushions. I was set on getting the EMR 2 but did a 180 and went with the Mountain Warrior instead. Suprisingly, it's not as small as I thought. I like how simple it is and still has pockets integrated in intuitive places. OTCWills and Kotaman's reviews were very helpfull as well. Here is my first load test with a 72# live load (look closely). My "weight" suffered motion sickess after 3 flights of stairs.

29-Mar-16
Jason if you got a bigger bag you could be a mountain uber! How much to get my fat about 6 miles back?

30-Mar-16
Excellent!

• Sitka Gear