Smoke 28-Jun-15
Brotsky 29-Jun-15
PSEStinger 29-Jun-15
stagetek 29-Jun-15
r-man 29-Jun-15
Two Feathers 30-Jun-15
Zbone 30-Jun-15
28-Jun-15
anyone use a ground blind heater? I was thinking of a big mike XT blind for this year. I was thinking also of a heater. I saw where a guy made one from a large can and a 3 wick candle. But I was leaning towards propane. But Im concerned with odor. any thoughts?

28-Jun-15
Mr.heater Buddy heater. They are almost silent, are odorless and have an low O2 shutoff and tip over shut off.

28-Jun-15
It depends what you are looking the heater to do. If it is so you do not need to wear as many cloths, then you need a larger heater. If you are looking to warm your hands a little, then yes I have used a small coffee can with a roll of toilet paper in the bottom and then pour denatured alcohol over the toilet paper. I use a little larger cover to make just a small gap so the alcohol burns slowly. I have warmed a can of soup up over this and also to warm my hands. You just need to be VERY careful burning the alcohol since it burns with an almost invisible flame.

28-Jun-15
I use the buddy heater on the really cold days... just hate carrying the damn thing in the woods... and at high it only lasts 4 hours, meaning carry an extra bottle, or go cold in the afternoon

29-Jun-15
The buddy heaters are great. Quiet operation and safe as others have mentioned. They are bulky though so if you're going in quite a way they are not the best option. If you're only walking a quarter mile to your blind then no worries.

29-Jun-15
I have been wanting to get a Mr Heater Buddy Heater four a year or so now. My kids (4 total under the ages of 8) bought it for me this year for Father's day. Now I am hoping it can expand our camping season and to get a ground blind so I can start taking my boys with me more hunting. I am looking forward to trying it out with my boy this hunting season.

29-Jun-15
Mr. Buddy heaters work very nice. But, for really cold, windy days you still can't beat a Heater Body Suit.

29-Jun-15
you could bring a girl friend in stead of your buddy

30-Jun-15
stagetek x2

30-Jun-15
hunt'n addict - I assume the toilet paper works as a wick, but question - How high up the toilet paper roll to fill with denatured alcohol?

Thanx

• Sitka Gear