patdel 29-Jun-15
Teeton 29-Jun-15
DS 29-Jun-15
TD 29-Jun-15
r-man 29-Jun-15
westslope 30-Jun-15
Gazi 30-Jun-15
28-Jun-15
Looking for advise/opinions please. Rookie, (first Bow Sept 2014) Bear Empire (love the Bow), 62 lb. draw using T.R.U. Ball Release (never been impressed with it but it works). Practice 30-40 shots 6 times a week. This afternoon a had a D-Loop failure and have some questions. Should I be using a metal D-Loop ? Does the failure of my D-Loop mean that it is new string time ? D-Loop showed what I considered to be lite wear. String (never been waxed) shows some small hairs on it, is that my sign to change ? Should a D-Loop/String last longer than that ? Any recommendations on what I should upgrade to, including release ? Thanks.

28-Jun-15
Metal D loop... no.

Learn how to tie and replace your own D loop so you may replace in 5 minutes if you ever need to.

28-Jun-15
How, and where did it fail? Did the knott come untied? or did the rope break?

Which model release? Do you have pictures?

28-Jun-15
check your release maybe scuffed up

28-Jun-15
9,000 -10,000 shots maybe is pushing it.Just learn to tie one (correctly) and swap out every 5,000 shots or less.Watch your string as your shots count is way higher than mine

28-Jun-15
Gibbs super loop, no more problems..

28-Jun-15
also i once broke a string on release hit a nock on earlier shot causing it to severe string.

Did u punch yourself in the lip been there !!

28-Jun-15
Tru ball hooks are the worst I've seen for burrs cutting loops. Hone it with some 1000 grit foam from the paint store and you'll be good to go.

28-Jun-15
I agree with others. I tie in nock sets and replace loops regularly. Usually end up changing them at least once a year or more sometimes. It is no big deal if you tie in nock sets as you only need to be concerned with the length of your loop as your location is already set.

28-Jun-15
The reason I do not shoot a D loop :)

28-Jun-15
the rope fibers will break down on the inside letting the loop slip though the jaws of your release. a lot of the time it wont show to much wear on the outside. and you end up with a fat lip and a bruised ego!!

29-Jun-15
You can find how to tie knot sets and D Loops on you tube....very easy

29-Jun-15
I usually ge 5 to 6,000 shots on a D loop the cnage it out. It usuallt take me about ten minutes to lay the bow down cut the string for the D llop tieit on and tighten it wit a needle nose pliers1

29-Jun-15
Azarchery......yep. Bad when it happens at an indoor 3d shoot. I felt pretty special.

29-Jun-15
Easy to tie, go to youtube and watch a few diff videos on how it's done.. Even a cave man can do it. :)

29-Jun-15
Thanks for the help. New DLoop installed, new Release and String Wax inbound.

29-Jun-15
Nearly knocked my teeth out once when a knot cut loose. The melted plastic ball broke off the end of the cord and I didn't notice it before it finally pulled through. Got so gun shy for the next few years I tied a small overhand knot in ends as well as burn them a bit. Made for a slightly larger knot on the string overall, but never even hinted at cutting loose.

Slowly came back to just melting the ends, but take care not to "burn" the ends. Big difference between melting and burning the material. You crispy em they can break off.

29-Jun-15
I replaced loop every 6 months, no way it could fail on my bows.

30-Jun-15
I had one fail once and basically punched myself in the face. I just stood there in shock and had to laugh

30-Jun-15

Gazi's embedded Photo
Gazi's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear