mainbrdr 29-Jun-15
huntingbob 29-Jun-15
oldgoat 30-Jun-15
oldgoat 30-Jun-15
coelker 30-Jun-15
coelker 30-Jun-15
Elkman52 30-Jun-15
29-Jun-15
Ok. Y'all convinced me that bringing my wife would be okay.

I am especially excited about having her call for me. I've seen countless videos with the caller 40 yards behind the shooter.

But, she has very little interest in calling. She is not going to practice for endless hours while driving. What is a good easy call for her to use? I know y'all hate hoochie mamma's. Is there another easy to use call?

29-Jun-15
Your getting bad info if your seeing a caller at 40 yards. You set the caller then determine the hangup spots and place the shooter accordingly. Get her a Mac daddy and she'll do just fine. Don't make it more difficult than it is.

29-Jun-15
For her, the Temptress! No pun intended!

29-Jun-15
I agree the elk Temptress is a good one and I use it to mix things up.

30-Jun-15
If all else fails I like the Carlton's Calls that has the squeeze bulb, I've called in elk in some hard called areas with that call, the good thing about it over a Hootchie Mama is you can put it in your shirt pocket and work it with one finger, Hootchie Mama you have to hold in your hand and takes three fingers to operate. I can use a diaphragm with some of the best of them and I still use that squeeze call sometimes!

30-Jun-15
Be forewarned, you call in a good bull to spitting distance of your wife and your going to create a new elk hunter that needs all the gear to hunt! Gets pricey but makes it easy to buy gifts for birthdays, holidays etc.. Other good thing is, you can spend money on stuff and they think it's a great idea, I just spent $850 on a Kifaru backpack and she's excited for me to get it, never batted an eye on the price! And she's notoriously a tightwad, was a single mom for years, life is good now though!!!!!

30-Jun-15

coelker's embedded Photo
coelker's embedded Photo
My wife learned to use and E.L.K. Power bugle and a Woods Wise hyper hot cow call as we drove 45 minutes from North Denver to Ft. Collins. That first night she called in a 300 class 6x6 to around 80 yards. ever since then I do not get to go archery elk hunting without her. If I do get to go with out her she is not happy about it...

If needed forget the bugle and just use cow call. the only real key with the cow call is making sure it changes to a deeper tone at the end of the call.

My wife has called in all but 2 of my bulls!!!

30-Jun-15

coelker's embedded Photo
coelker's embedded Photo
Then after a while you can convince her to pack and skin...

30-Jun-15
Coelker you are a lucky guy!

• Sitka Gear