'Ike' (Phone) 06-Jul-15
'Ike' 06-Jul-15
Panhandle Bob 13-Jul-15
'Ike' (Phone) 16-Jul-15
bdfrd24v 30-Aug-15
kota-man 30-Aug-15
Jon Simoneau 31-Aug-15
30-Jun-15
I'm thinking hard about upgrading my whitetail gear to the fanatic system (both bibs and jacket). My main concern is precipitation. I have been in Ohio in November when it's 75 degrees all week, 35 Degrees and snowing, and 60 and raining. I'm trying to purchase a system that's good for all of those situations. I currently have a 3in1 Cabelas setup that works great, with a fleece liner and waterproof coat.

I'm concerned about being in a tree with snow or rain moving in and I have my safety harness on (though the coat) and only have the fanatic on. I understand that many of you can have the gear for all situations, but for a week long hunt that I fly too, taking too much gear is problematic.

Just looking for suggestions.thanks,

30-Jun-15
My fanatic has been great in snow and I've sat in my stratus (same finish) in significant rain and stayed totally dry. Now the new fanatic has a different outer layer and can't speak to that.

30-Jun-15
My setup this year is the new STratus Jacket and Pants with the Celcius liner jacket. I always keep my Cabelas Space Rain in my pack for rain.

IMO this system will cover most temps. and conditions up here in the fall. When it gets really cold, I will switch to the Incinerator.

30-Jun-15
Use mid-weight pants and coat with base layers that you can add if the temps drop. I have the stratus system which is the system that the fanatic replaced. With base layers and a good warm vest, gloves, and hat I can sit to 30F without too much problem (southeast Iowa). The fanatic line will shed water but is not rain gear. If it is really raining steady, I don't hunt. Too many issues with getting arrows with wet fletching to fly straight in addition to blood trails being quickly wiped out. Try a tree umbrella for rain. Works really well as long as it is not very windy.

30-Jun-15
Ollie...The Fanatic never "replaced" the Stratus. Just a different "line"...The '15 Stratus replaced the "14 Stratus.

Also, the '15 Fanatic line won't shed water real well as it is a heavy berber fleece like material, very different from the previous versions of Fanatic.

30-Jun-15
I agree with Kota-man. If you are not hunting past November there is no need for the Fanatic or Incinerator.

My only difference is I'll be using the new Fanatic "Lite" jacket instead of the Stratus! Good luck! C

30-Jun-15
Folks that wear that fleece type outwear must not walk much or have no beggar lice or other stickers. I would be stuck to the ground in about the first hour where I hunt.

It would require hours to clean each evening to even get it wearable.

30-Jun-15
R.Hale that is what I was afraid of.. Ohio's stickers are horrible...

30-Jun-15
Try a lice comb....works for me..... works well on Kansas stickers and Ohio stickers, as I have hunted both states.

30-Jun-15
R Hale I have the same issues in the same kind of country ( more sand burs and stick tites than anything) I wear cotton/poly blend pants in and out and keep my fleece system strapped to my pack while going in and out. Looking at adding fanatic jacket or fanatic lite jacket to my system. Pants are cabelas oversized legacy fleece with wind stopper. They work very well for me my legs do not get cold easily as long as I shed the wind. God Bless!

01-Jul-15
R Hale, I know the old stratus pants and fanatic jacket would attract beggar's lice like it was its job. The new stuff I'm sure will be as bad or worse.

Jake, good advice on the lice comb. Going to give that one a try this fall.

01-Jul-15
I hate burrs too and I'm always careful walking too and from stands so I don't touch the ground with my clothing. However when I track a hit deer, scout or put up a new stand I switch out to bird hunting, burr free pants. Often I'll keep a pair in my pack! C

01-Jul-15
Charlie and Cory...I was going to do the Stratus set and the Fanatic....Are you guys saying there's not enough difference between them to make a difference? I rarely wear my current insulated fleece set, but do pull it out on occasion...I'll be in Mexico in January, so you guys think the Stratus with a puffy vest & pants will work?

01-Jul-15
PB...I have not seen the Fanatic Lite Jacket, but I would guess it would be similar in weight to the Stratus. The regular Fanatic is much heavier than the Stratus. The Stratus is really a wind proof fleece "shell" on steroids. IMO great as an outer layer for bowhunting or as a layer by itself to take the edge off.

The regular Fanatic is an insulated piece for colder weather. The two pieces are very different but for me, I can get to the same place as the Fanatic with the STratus by layering with the Celcius. If you need a warm piece without a bunch of layering, go Fanatic. If you want a "system" for layering go Stratus. AGain, I can't speak for the Fanatic Lite as it is one of the few Sitka pieces that I have not seen.

01-Jul-15
Thanks!

01-Jul-15
I'm actually kind of "intriqued" by the Fanatic Lite Jacket. The Fanatic Hoodie Shirt is a great piece.

01-Jul-15
Have the hoodie on my list as well

01-Jul-15
I'd like to get the hoodie, the fanatic, stratus pants, and the equinox pants. The Celsius Shacket has me very intrigued as well but I'll hold off on that piece until I see it in person and have a chance to try it on. I like the concept.

01-Jul-15
The Fanatic Lite will be my go to on POW this year with layers underneath and its smoother DWR finish will work well in wet weather...

01-Jul-15
Kota-man is right on. I have the Kelvin vest and Jacket in Forest so layering goes a long way to dialing in the needed comfort based on the weather. Also, Sitka has a Heavyweight Zip T which makes a big difference as a bottom layer.

PS: I have not received the Fanatic Lite yet but if I get it before Kota-man I will mark it a major accomplishment:)

01-Jul-15
Dang it Charlie...You just cost me my Cabelas Points. Fanatic Lite is on the way!!!! Should be here early next week.

03-Jul-15
The Fanatic lite looks interesting to me, but I believe it's lacking the wind break layer. What I would love is if they took the stratus coat and put the same zipper/handwarmer configuration as what is on the Fanatic. Either way I'm sure the fanatic lite will be great.

03-Jul-15
You're going to like it, trust me! ;-) I really like it and as said, layered it will go well into the season...Waiting for the hoody to get here now...

06-Jul-15
you will love the fanatic lite. Just got one last week. The finish is much better than the stratus and it is about the same weight/thickness. I've put it away now until fall so I'm trying to remember but I think it does have some windbreaking material but I could be wrong. regardless, it is now my favorite bowhunting jacket and by layering some underneath I am pretty convinced it will be great going into November.

06-Jul-15
If it works, I may even try to layer the Stratus under the Fanatic Lite until it gets to be "Incinerator" time. Plus, there is always the Celcius to layer under either one of these...Lots of options!

06-Jul-15
Well, the Fanatic Lite came today and to say I'm impressed would be an understatement. Very well thought out early season jacket. It will actually work very well UNDER the Stratus as a layering piece as well. Sitka is not only putting out great mountain hunting gear, but the treestand gear is second to none.

06-Jul-15
Thought you might like it Kota...

06-Jul-15
Actually got my Fanatic Hoody today...I see why Charlie liked it so much, very nice!

13-Jul-15
Got my first order...fanatic set, stratus set, & some miscellaneous stuff...I gotta agree on the fanatic hoody, I like a lot!

16-Jul-15
Good deal Bob, that's going to be a hit this year for sure...

30-Aug-15
I'm hoping some of you that were awaiting your 2015 Sitka jackets can help me out.

Finally got the new shipment into our Field & Stream. Unfortunately the pieces I really wanted to see weren't there. The fanatic lite and the new stratus.

I got my hands on the fanatic hoody and I was somewhat disappointed. Layout seemed good but it was very light. I couldn't see where other than very early season I would use it. For those that bought the hoody what do you see it's best use?

I love the fanatic layout but looking for something for something for that 40-50F range. I feel like the fanatic lite will be that but don't know. Maybe something that gets me down a bit colder too when it's not windy.

Have a fanatic set and an ESW set I'm not replacing. Have the old stratus pants as well. Jacket it just a bit snug so I want it replaced.

Always layered with merino and traverse. Layers when needed.

Just really wanted to get my hands on the fanatic lite prior to buying it.

Any info is a big help.

Thanks.

30-Aug-15
I'm gonna use the hoodie for early season and as a mid layer later.

The Fanatic Lite will fit your needs perfectly...

31-Aug-15
I've been interested in the Fanatic light since I saw it came out but was wishing it had the windblocker layer. Well I ended up buying one and even though I haven't hunted in it yet so far I love it. Sitka has come up with new and excellent mid layer items that will compliment this well. There is a jet stream wind blocker vest. Once I got the fanatic light home, I liked it even more. It's gonna be me go to for most of October but what I really like is that it perfectly fits under my Stratus coat, over my Stratus coat and under my Fanatic coat. That is a lot of options to use. It's also very quiet, and minimal bulk. This stuff just keeps getting better all the time. I have an older Stratus coat and I love it but I think the new one is even better. All of it is the finest hunting clothes on earth in my opinion.

• Sitka Gear