cityhunter 12-Jul-15
Zebrakiller 12-Jul-15
Wapitidung 12-Jul-15
trackman 12-Jul-15
Zebrakiller 13-Jul-15
Sage Buffalo 14-Jul-15
Zebrakiller 14-Jul-15
09-Jul-15
I have hunted Antelope several times and my son and I are thinking about going again this year, Question is I have hunted them opening day all the way till end of September and have really never seen a difference in the hunt . when do you go or does it matter?

09-Jul-15
I am not one to give great advice as when is the best time but I enjoyed hunting them in late September more than August. Seeing the rutting action of antelope is simply awesome.

09-Jul-15
Thanks Bowfreak, Just not living around them makes it hard like here in Wisconsin I wouldnt tell some one to come here and hunt whitetail till November 1st, Ya guys kill them everyday of season but nov 1 to the 15th is awesome

09-Jul-15
I will be hunting them during the rut this September as well. Does the rut adversely affect the taste of the meat to a significant degree? I have noticed that it can in some animals, and does not in others....was wondering what others have observed.

09-Jul-15
rut is fun BUT one minute they are 30 yards and closing then off running chasing fighting and a country mile away .

09-Jul-15
My favorite time is the last half of September, and antelope is delicious any time to me. I think I would eat one road-killed. :)

09-Jul-15
Zebrakiller- sent you a PM

10-Jul-15

Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
Been a couple years since we went after antelope but Im ready

12-Jul-15
go for it enjoy the time

12-Jul-15
In 5 he books city hunter were going!

12-Jul-15
Come on August.

12-Jul-15
you better get a tag and then plan

13-Jul-15
I agree Wapitidung Im kind of glad this came on at last minute I dont have to think about it to long

14-Jul-15
August. Plain and simple the weather is much more predictable.

Unless you are going to an area with great S&S terrain or you want the thrill of decoying - both with much lower success odds but fun.

I am not saying September isn't fun or don't do it - just if I had my choice I would choose August if I am waterhole hunting.

Plus, if your boy is in school it will make it easier.

Either way - enjoy!

14-Jul-15
Thanks Sage kind of what I was thinking also

• Sitka Gear